• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Target Blast, aka Angry Brawlers

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So, they're taking a different direction with Break the Targets in the 3DS version this time around. As shown in the August 1 Pic of the Day, we now damage a bomb and launch it like in the Home Run Contest, smacking it into walls to crush and blow up targets beneath it.

What do you think about this?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I thought that the 3DS already had Angry Birds.

Ah well, doing it with a Mii clearly seems more fun :p

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Angry Smashers? I never played Angry Birds, so this Target Blast thing will be my first experience with an Angry Birds-like game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, they're taking a different direction with Break the Targets in the 3DS version this time around.
I don't believe he said anything about this replacing Break the Targets, he merely said it's like a combination of Break the Targets and Home Run Contest. Home Run Contest is still back as well as this new mode, so I see no reason to believe this is replacing Break the Targets.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Why does the bomb have suspicious Rayman 1 style font?

Does anyone else have an answer? No?

leeprtr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeprtr
3DS FC
4210-4734-6362
Well thats...
Different.
Im looking forward to playing this once it comes out, but i don't think ill be spending much time on this.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I was like, "Why did he say Angry Brawlers?" then I saw how the game actually worked and said, "Oh, Angry Birds. Now I get it." Like @Relia said, never played Angry Birds, I guess this would be my first experience.

MissingNumbers

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissingN
3DS FC
1048-8190-3701
Well at least I wasn't the only one who immediately thought it looked similar. But yeah, the mode's definitely worth a look at the least.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I think it's too early to say that this is replacing Break the Targets if only because even Sakurai describes it as a hybrid of Break the Targets and Home Run Contest, however we have official confirmation that Home Run Contest is indeed returning so if this new mode and Home Run Contest can exist in the same game I find no reason to believe that Break the Targets won't come back.

D

Deleted member

Looks fun. I'll have to try that mode once the game comes out and share my thoughts on it. It's pretty cool.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
It looks fun!

Perfect for situations like breaks between classes in the same classroom or while waiting a bus

Top Bottom