• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tap Jump Lag? Mostly Mewtwo Bug

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
This is just something strange I have run into. The character that seems to be most effected by it is Mewtwo and other "floaty" characters. I'm hoping this isn't a human error because I am a casual player that is trying to get the hang of Project M but after playing the game non-stop for 2 days straight I noticed this.

It seems in an effort to make short-hopping super easy you guys are making normal jumps extremely hard. I have to virtually jerk the joystick to do a full jump and it is kind of aggrivating when I press up on the joystick with a lot of force and still don't jump fast enough, high enough, or don't even jump at all. Course if I use the X or Y button then jumping is a breeze. However casual players like me (Go ahead and hate me :p) like tap jump. And it really seems like there is an error in the tap jump with certain characters in Project M 3.0 ESPECIALLY MEWTWO! Run a few playtests and see just how hard you have to tap the joystick to jump up to your full extent.

It is really hard for me to get off my forward aerial with this jump delay, plus I don't know if its Mewtwo being floaty or if Mewtwo's jumps really are super slow. Then sometimes when I plan to go in for an aerial my jump doesn't even activate when I slam the joystick up. Then other time Mewtwo doesn't even jump to his full extent even though I slammed that joystick up. Keep in mind this is jumping off the ground case not jumping after using an aerial attack case because that feature is intentional and this one doesn't feel like it is.

I could keep on testing other characters but for now the only ones I have noticed this being an issue are on the floaty characters like Mewtwo in particular because he is the one I have been playing the most as.

So just let me know if anyone else has encountered this problem. Thank you!

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I've pretty much learned to use X exclusively for jumping, but I do use the analog stick and tapjump for things like OoS options and multishining. And I've been playing around with Mewtwo and Lucas for quite a while and I haven't noticed anything weird in regards to input lag or anything. Only thing is I can't always get Mewtwo's hover to come out 100% of the time, sometimes instead of a float I'll do a jump and then quickly use my 2nd jump for no reason.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I've pretty much learned to use X exclusively for jumping, but I do use the analog stick and tapjump for things like OoS options and multishining. And I've been playing around with Mewtwo and Lucas for quite a while and I haven't noticed anything weird in regards to input lag or anything. Only thing is I can't always get Mewtwo's hover to come out 100% of the time, sometimes instead of a float I'll do a jump and then quickly use my 2nd jump for no reason.
Maybe I need more practice... Or maybe this is one of the curses that casual players like me always go through :p
Don't hate me! I just want to have fun!
Still though I think you guys should look over the way Mewtwo does his first jump when its off the ground.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Stop assuming all casuals use tap jump. Many pro players use the control stick for movements. Of course, to me, it sounds like your control stick is probably broken or damaged.

This might actually be related to an issue I posted about a few threads down. The C-stick functions as a macro for smash+A.

This means that if you hold up to jump, the c-stick will eat your held "up" input on the control stick, and cause the game to believe you've let go of jump entirely, netting you a short hop when you're still holding up.

Of course, that wouldn't explain all of your problems, but I believe Mewtwo's jump-start is a tiny bit longer than average. You honestly might just be letting go of the stick too soon in that case.

Top Bottom