• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TANG 22.0!! February 3rd!! Washington Fails!!!

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Yeah, sorry for getting this up a few weeks late, but it should still be pretty large, and with WA failing yet again, there will definitely be mocking of that state. As always, you can show up as early as Friday afternoon (4PMish earliest) and stay as long as Sunday afternoon. The tournament will start at 2 PM, with Teams being first and Singles following immediately afterwards. So come early, get lots of friendlies in, and help OR badmouth WA at the tournament.

TANG 22.0

Where: 450 SE Cochran Dr., Sherwood, OR, 97140

Rules:
4 stock 8:00 minute limit
No Items
If time runs out, Match decided based on stock. If stock is tied, decided on %. If % is tied, Sudden Death is played out.

- Double Elimination
- Each set is best 2 of 3 (although finals may be 3 of 5)
- Dave's Stupid Rule: You can't counter pick the stage you last won on.
- Stage Ban: Before the set, each player may choose one stage (either a random or counterpick stage) which cannot be played for the entirety of that set.
- Advanced SLOB picks: How to choose stage/character after a match. First loser says the stage he will pick (or say to go random), then the winner can change character, and then loser can change character.
- Double Blind if necessary: If you are worried about your opponent countering your character, you can call a double blind. You need to get a "judge" (ie. someone not playing) and all players whisper to that person which character they will pick. Then they pick the character. This is good if your opponent plays a wide range of characters that counter you and you only have a couple good characters.
- Neutral Stages (On random select): Yoshi Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Counter Pick Stages (Can counter pick after losing, in addition to the neutral stages): Kongo Jungle, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Kongo Jungle 64
All other stages are banned.

Team Rule Exceptions:
Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned because of lag.
Team Attack is ON
Life Stealing Allowed

- Performance Mods to controllers (short hop mod, L trigger mod, etc.) are banned. If you are caught using an enhanced controller you will be Disqualified from the tournament.
- Third party controllers can be used, but any macro, turbo, slow, or other game altering buttons can not be. If you are suspected of using those buttons, you won't be able to use that controller any longer.
- Use wavebirds at your own risk.
- If there is a problem with your controller, your opponent must pause the game and it will be looked at. If there is a problem, you may switch controllers. No match will be replayed because of a controller fault, it is your responsibility to make the problem known, and your opponent must pause the game in a reasonable amount of time.
- Glitches that in any way make a match unfinishable (IC freeze glitch for example) are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
- Tactics that excessively stall a match (Peach wallbomb, luigi ladder) are banned and grounds for immediate forfeit of the match.
- No refunds once the tournament has started. Money for entrance is only collected just before the tournament starts, so if brackets are made up and you've played, you void your right to a refund.

- Bring Your Own Controller.

$10 entry for singles and $10 per team

Eggz

Smash Hero
I wish I could come, but I've been failing school pretty hard so I'm not going to any non gameclucks for a while. D= sorry. I dont think Silent Wolf is going either. So I doubt Tori or Bladewise would go, as only 2 people would be pointless. SORRY OREGON.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Dang it, that sucks. I wanted my dollar back because at the last TANG you guys went to Silent wolf said I could keep it, but I didn't hear him.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ka-Master's coming?
<3 Ka!

Where's that fish that is Gimpy? I need to get lots of friendlies with Gimpy before Brawl comes out and Bowser moves up to God Tier.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
how far away is sherwood from portland? I might be able to make it.

ooooo, it's only 25 minutes away. what kind of building is this (house, appartment, arcade etc) and what time approximately will the 1v1 tournament be over

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I wish I could come, but I've been failing school pretty hard so I'm not going to any non gameclucks for a while. D= sorry.
No johns. Good smashers can play SSB and do their homework at the same time.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
yea i should be coming to this one too, i might need some money and possibly a partner i hope that a lot of people from SF: E come to this and no johns for WA us oregonians though we are aloud all the johns needed to not go to game clucks :)

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure its your guys turn to come to us. I dont think the tournament where like only half of you entered in singles and didnt have money for crews, mms, falcon onry, or 2v2s didnt count. So get up here with money and participate and we will go to the march TANG.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace

ooooo, it's only 25 minutes away. what kind of building is this (house, appartment, arcade etc) and what time approximately will the 1v1 tournament be over
House, the 1v1 lasted around 2 hours last time, there were only like 13 people though.

Juce

Smash Ace

It's at a house, Teams will be starting around 2 PM and finishing hopefully by 4 PM, so singles will probably be finished around 7 or 8 PM, as there will be a larger attendance than the last one (which had like a two day notice).

Eggz, we've come there the last two times, and made more total trips to WA than you have, not even counting the hundreds Kyle made to SKYPAL secretly.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
I won't be coming to this one, sorry. I don't know if D'Dirka will be coming either, I think his boss might get mad about asking too many days off in a row.
is it just me, or is this short notice?

wtf, lol.

James, I don't serf smash forums much, if you wana get in contact with me, you know my phone.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
ahhh that sucks no shin and no Dman, this isn't gonna be as good as i thought it was gonna be but it should still be good as long as timmy tommy kevin chu james and jesse are all there

brdy_

Smash Lord
I would try to go if it wasn't such short notice and if I wasn't booked this weekend. Sry Bart.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
wtf james lol
i told you to use the SF:E thread style!

i will probably make this tournament, unlike my unfortunate absence from the SF:E smash awards (devastating wasn't it?)

rawr

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Unfortunatly my crew and I are not going to be able to attend this one. Unless a ride is given to me (my mom won't take us because she wants to go watch The Messengers) so yeah. When is the next one, because me and probably my whole crew we be able to attend that one.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Looks unlikely that Eugene is going to make this one, as something has come up. Unfortunate since we're going to be like halfway to Portland on Friday. :\

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Bart, I like your new Avatar!

On another note, Foos, Shin and I can't come. And Shin has his controller, so the one you have isn't his. Maybe sometime in February I can come as long as it's not the weekend of the 24th.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Bart, change your avatar, I keep mistaking you for Frotaz.

Tudios, how do you know that Foos isn't going?

The next TANG is the last weekend in February and I guess that this one will change to a smashfest unless more than 10 people show up.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
james i think tudios was talking to me about a post i made in another thread i just wanted to make sure that i didn't have shin's controller, and i can go if i can get a ride and as long as i can i'll be good 2 go.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Oh...My...GOD! My mom just told me that I can't go to the TANG this weekend because we are going up to Porltand to visit my family. Sherwood is like 15 minutes away! It's so ********, sorry guys. You'll have to wait to see how much i've improved.

Aftermath said:
So come early, get lots of friendlies in, and help OR badmouth WA at the tournament.
Jeez, I'm there. :D
Badmouthing what exactly? How good Washington's getting? How much they travel already and go to local tourneys as well? I think 10 of us went to Canada last week, I'd say none of us are traveling 'till next Canada tourney. =P
Come to GameClucks with A LOT of OR smashers, that's be cool. So we can get to know all these ones we don't and have more reason to go to OR than just to see Jesse and You.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I don't think you really come to Oregon wanting to see the people, just steal the money. I think Oregon travels more, with Jesse and I going to Eugene every other weekend or so, them coming here when we aren't there, and trips to WA (which is only a little less than your travel time to Canada minus the border). Also, Bart drives from the southern border of Oregon to the top once a month or more often. You guys go to Gameclucks, and Canada every six months. Don't take that as too offensive, it was just meant to show how much we all travel in Oregon since we aren't all within 30-45 minutes of eachother like you guys.

Brady - There is a TANG scheduled for the 24th, so try to make it to that one.

Alex - If you come, there will probably be someone willing to team, and if a tournament doesn't end up happening, Kevin, Jesse, and I will teach you how to be not terrible and own all the PSU scrubs.

Doc - Sherwood is on the way to Portland, ask your mom if she'd be willing to drop you off for a few hours while she's visiting family so that you'd still be able to play, but she wouldn't have to go out of the way.

Top Bottom