• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAMPA TOURNAMENT AUG. 25th. - TWILIGHT SHOWDOWN© 6 Presented by ANGER MANAGEMENT©

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Nice sig Anger. I am too lazy to make one right now. I draw all of my stuff in Flash, so it takes forever to make sigs (I just like the feel of drawing them). I think it took me about 8 hours to do Monk's old sig. I hate drawing hands.

This is Monk's old sig

The old one didn't take as long, but I still like it.

Anger, if in the future you would like a different sig, just give me some heads up an I should be able to muster one up for ya.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Cool. I'm actually writing something about Ganondorf as told from his perspective. About how he seeks power and rule over Hyrule. It's called "A Great Evil". Personally, I think Ganondorf is the greatest bad guy of all time. He could soo own Sephiroth.

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
Quick Q's:

How long does an event like this last? I'd like to at least stop by, but probably won't be able to until late.
How often are these events held? I'd like to plan to attend the next one, schedule permitting.
Spectators welcome?

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Quick Q's:

How long does an event like this last? I'd like to at least stop by, but probably won't be able to until late.
How often are these events held? I'd like to plan to attend the next one, schedule permitting.
Spectators welcome?
Around 6 to 8hrs. I hold one every month. And of course, spectators are always welcome. Come down and check it out. We can get in friendlies as well. What character do you main?

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
Falco, but I only recently picked Smash back up after not playing it for about 3 to 5 years... Had someone recently tell me he still plays it and was talking to me about advanced stuff so I decided to pick it up again and maybe even take it to a competitive level.

I have to learn all those advanced techniques that separate the newbs from the pros, so, that's why I wanted to come check you guys out. Hopefully, Sat. will work out -- sounds exciting.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Falco, but I only recently picked Smash back up after not playing it for about 3 to 5 years... Had someone recently tell me he still plays it and was talking to me about advanced stuff so I decided to pick it up again and maybe even take it to a competitive level.

I have to learn all those advanced techniques that separate the newbs from the pros, so, that's why I wanted to come check you guys out. Hopefully, Sat. will work out -- sounds exciting.
Cool. I hope you are able to make it and play some with us. I will get there around noon, so if you want to come early I'll be there.

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
Cool. I hope you are able to make it and play some with us. I will get there around noon, so if you want to come early I'll be there.
I told someone about the tourney and him and I believe two of his friends are coming. They're excited about competing. I unfortunately have a Draft Party to attend so I won't be able to get there until later in the day, but doing some friendly games would be fantastic.

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
Me and vZakat will be taking 2 set ups. I'll also be taking a noob friend to this one.
Sweet. Someone for me to play against.

I have a friend and two of his friends coming through as well. If I'm able to come it won't be until later in the afternoon.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
The RIP was because he quit smash. He's still alive, he showed up at LTEC2 even though he doesn't play serious anymore.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Anyone have an extra car spot leaving from Orlando? My house is literally 30 seconds away from an I-4 exit.

I'll pay my share of the gas, obviously.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Louis said he probably has to go somewhere with his parents so I doubt he goes. I also gotta do something with my pops on Saturday but hopefully I can still go.

F-0

Smash Apprentice
Hey, hiro im off thursday lets smash in the morning. Al has to work, and he isn't sure about the tourney, either. He said financial troubles, but i said i could help out, and maybe the people he takes can help out too. Zoro, we gotta play too! And I heard also, you 3-stocked fenrirs link...?

Zoro

Smash Champion
Hey, hiro im off thursday lets smash in the morning. Al has to work, and he isn't sure about the tourney, either. He said financial troubles, but i said i could help out, and maybe the people he takes can help out too. Zoro, we gotta play too! And I heard also, you 3-stocked fenrirs link...?

Like once out of the 10 times he beat me
complete fluke dont keep it in your mind

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
can someone enlighten me as to how these tourneys work as far as brackets/matches?

When you say double elimination does that mean that there is a winner's bracket and a loser's bracket because I also see that you must win 2/3 to advance. And if there is a loser's bracket, does that mean for the finals the fact that winner of the loser's bracket has lost a match is discarded? And finals is 3/5 no matter what?

Then there is doubles...Is it first player fights, and if he wins he fights the other team's 2nd member with his remaining stock?

Thanks in advance.

vericz

Smash Champion
I'm starting my new job tomorrow and if they schedule me for Saturday I'm not going to ask for it off because I will be asking for Sept 1st off instead. I don't want to start by asking for a whole bunch of days off.
Besides. . .
iNet>TS

And Brian Al isn't going, Nick already mentioned he has some financial junks so if you don't drive guess we will just wait for iNet :)

Top Bottom