• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Talking/Laughing during matches

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Haha, we discussed how the ranking in our pool would go depending on the outcome our set, as it was rather complicated. Or it was mostly me pointing out the complicated stuff, and then suddenly Smasher found himself under the stage, unable to recover =).
Too bad I didn't use that opportunity to win the match, I kept thinking of the problem, and ended up losing the match anyway...
Well I guess the move was too powerful to even handle XD

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If I had gone to APEX I'm sure my pool would have been Dr. PP, who for no explicable reason had registered three times, three times, and Dr. PP, who also registered a fourth time.
ay

I might've gone Marth if you asked nicely. =)

I never talk when I wanna play seriously at all. NC used to mess with me(they still do really) a lot in and out of game because of how incapable I was at remembering anything or holding a conversation while playing.

I consider it a good trait to have(focus) but it does suck when I need to really remember something someone is telling me and I don't realize it in time to hit pause before they quit talking/leave lol.

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm actually a boss at Marth dittos. Not saying I'd beat you or anything, but I would totally beat you.

Kal

Smash Champion
Haha all right. Looking forward to losing $10.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I take smash seriously, often times more seriously than anybody should, but that doesn't make me a stop having fun guys person.
Goodposting. I do the same thing. I laugh things off. I die in a dumb way, I go "Nooooooooooooo!" in a silly way. If I make a mistake, I go "Damn it! That was _______ [insert excuse here]"

Example, I wd off stage fair... :glare::urg::( wat? wd off stage fair... Yeah it was 'sposed to be a bair. Sometimes I have to get a bit more serious, so I just *moves up in chair* and look closer in screen haha. And I always usually say good games at the end.

most of all I have fun.

This all helps me cope with big mistakes in a tournament match, because I don't want to get down emotionally during the match. If I go down in tourny, I will DEFF try to bring it back. I try to get in that mindset but sometimes I just don't get a comeback xD Only time I'd get down is if I had some 5 hour energy... that really hypes me up during a match and I **** up . ;adkfjads;fkasdj (I was making a comeback and I sh airdodged down and away from stage... I could have naired for the win.)

Varist

Smash Lord
i have a dehumanizing need to proclaim "MONEY GRAB" whenever i get a grab that is anything other than exactly what i expected it to be. even when i'm sitting there alone.

Toya

Smash Apprentice
This is an interestingly sensitive subject for me, considering at the last tournament I went to, Don't Ask, Don't Blink - I actually talked about a friend during pools matches... and didn't realize he was playing right in front of me. He lost the match, and didn't make it out of pools as a result.

I suppose a general rule is to simply shut your mouth if you are observing. Kels would tell you I'm pretty friendly during matches, talking and laughing, playing around, etc. His Fox is so annoying for me...

Kal

Smash Champion
False. Everyone knows Sheik is only good at low level play.

Top Bottom