• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales Project Luke fon Fabre, Models Extracted!

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Anyone familiar with Tales of The Abyss, or just a tales fan in general probably knows who Luke is.* There were a few other tales projects, Lloyd (incomplete will probably never be finished) and Emil (complete)* and I think Luke would be a nice edition.* Im requesting help from my fellow smash board members to make this Project complete.* Now this isn't going to be as in depth as the Lloyd hack because they got so busy with everything it never got done.* Im thinking more of a stage, with music, and a character model for Luke with a move set rework over any character (marth would probably be the easiest), and then possibly a vertex hack for Asch.
Luke/Asch
---Luke

---Asch

SkillSet
** Luke Arte Exhibtion:
** Tales of the Abyss: Luke [Arte Exhibition]
** Luke vs Asch
** Tales of the Abyss-Luke vs Asch~Eldrant~
** Luke Colliseum
** Tales of The Abyss: Advanced Coliseum Luke

The A's are going to be basic slashes, these will most likely follow the basic slashes used in the game as seen in some of the fighting videos above.

Times are from the Arte exhibition.

Specials
0 Demon Fist (working like Emil's Demon Fang if aerial) (0:59)
</> Raging Blast (angled 30 degrees down and providing some motion for Luke if aerial, otherwise normal, luke can hover midair during the move) (0:30)
v Slag Assault (working simmilarly to Yoshi's Ground Pound)(1:10)
^ Fang Blade (loses height before gaining any)( 0:11)

Aerials
0 Swallow Fury (a small low kick which, if it connects, leads into a pass through the enemy for a spin kick and rising slash from their other side)(0:53)
v Devil's Inferno (the two hits merged into a downward fiery slash)(0:49)
^ Havoc Strike (gains height like an up dodge before the downward part, can end without hitting ground)(0:15)
</> Sonic Thrust (possibly with a quick spin or similar)(1:02)

Fonic Aerials
0 Shadow Fury (like Swallow but with a darkness wave accompanying the slash, like in Shadow Demon Fang)(2:47
v Devil's Maw (a downward fiery slash that goes further and produces a dark explosion on contact with the ground)(2:41)
^ Blazing Havoc (like Havoc Strike but fiery and explodes on contact with ground, giving an incentive to land it, rather than chain through the air)(1:58)
</> Lighting Blade (like Sonic Thrust but with the last hit triggering a smaller version of Pikachu's down B move)(1:52)

Smashes
^ Light Spear Cannon (quicker and less signficant initial spin part than in TotA, final hit almost entirely upwards)(0:37)
v Gaurdian Field (quicker and less signficant initial spin part than in TotA)(0:42)
</> Rending Thrust(0:17)

Fonic Smashes
^ Light Blast (like Spear Canon but with a light blast on the last hit)(2:27)
v Gaurdian Frost (like Feild but with icicles emerging from the feild, widening the AoE slightly)(2:34)
</> Rending Quake (like Thrust but with a blast of earth accompanying the second hit, assuming there's ground beneath the target)(2:05)

Final Smash
Radiant Howl.(2:58)
This would be altered so that, while the initial burst remains the same, the formation of the hyperresonance sphere would occur in hands raised above his head and be thrown downwards (think Wargreymon's Terra Force if you're familiar with digimon). This would cause little difference when grounded but make the aerial version look a lot more fitting.
----Provided by ryuu seika----

Stage
It would be nice if the stage could be
this stage: Tales of the Abyss - Final Boss 1st Form (Unknown Mode)
There is a pretty decent shot at 2:45 but watching the whole fight gives the best battlefield views from angles.* The song should without a doubt be: The Meaning of Birth Tales of The Abyss - Meaning of Birth (Extended)

Thanks to all for looking over this, I need help finding an ISO to extract the models from. If anyone can help me get an ISO that would be of great help.

MODLES
ASH 3d model blender file download (needs slight editing)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?v79lu40i3vvwvko
LUKE 3d model blender file download (needs slight editing)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lj77l2sphqqy2cy

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Well I did think of some for these, but I got alot more ideas so I'm just going to add all my ideas for the moveset to the original post. I hope you like them, I need ideas for an arial final smash, lost fon drive or radiant howl wouldn't work in the air.

matein10

Smash Rookie
kisamefishfries,

The following website may be of assistance to you for extracting models:
http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/file/view/TalesOfTheAbyssModelExtraction.txt

Before trying anything please read the rest of my post for (minimal) information.

(This tutorial might be blender compatible only, and there are a lot of files after extraction of needed file, 1053 total, most of which have the ".NPC" extension. I'm not certain if this is worth your time because there are 3dsmax references in the hex data, but those might only be decryptable in blender so far.)

I hope this helps (despite the run-on sentences ...),

matein10

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Fang Blade makes little sense to be both an Up Special and an Up Aerial. I also feel that he has more notable moves than Demon Fist and Lightning Blade for specials, particularly Rending Thrust and Havoc Strike. Raging Blast should definitely be in the moveset but I'm not sure about its placement. Havoc Strike as a NAir doesn't make sense considering its movement similarity to Falcon Kick. It's better as either Down Special or a force fall Down Aerial.

The smashes aren't bad at least.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
My take on the move list:

Specials
0 Demon Fist (working like Emil's Demon Fang if aerial)
</> Raging Blast (angled 30 degrees down and providing some motion for Luke if aerial, otherwise normal, luke can hover midair during the move)
v Slag Assault (working simmilarly to Yoshi's Ground Pound)
^ Fang Blade (loses height before gaining any)

Aerials
0 Swallow Fury (a small low kick which, if it connects, leads into a pass through the enemy for a spin kick and rising slash from their other side)
v Devil's Inferno (the two hits merged into a downward fiery slash)
^ Havoc Strike (gains height like an up dodge before the downward part, can end without hitting ground)
</> Sonic Thrust (possibly with a quick spin or similar)

Fonic Aerials
0 Shadow Fury (like Swallow but with a darkness wave accompanying the slash, like in Shadow Demon Fang)
v Devil's Hellfire (a downward fiery slash that goes further and produces a dark explosion on contact with the ground)
^ Blazing Havoc (like Havoc Strike but fiery and explodes on contact with ground, giving an incentive to land it, rather than chain through the air)
</> Lighting Blade (like Sonic Thrust but with the last hit triggering a smaller version of Pikachu's down B move)

Smashes
^ Light Spear Cannon (quicker and less signficant initial spin part than in TotA, final hit almost entirely upwards)
v Gaurdian Field (quicker and less signficant initial spin part than in TotA)
</> Rending Thrust

Fonic Smashes
^ Light Blast (like Spear Canon but with a light blast on the last hit)
v Gaurdian Frost (like Feild but with icicles emerging from the feild, widening the AoE slightly)
</> Rending Quake (like Thrust but with a blast of earth accompanying the second hit, assuming there's ground beneath the target)

Final Smash
Radiant Howl.
This would be altered so that, while the initial burst remains the same, the formation of the hyperresonance sphere would occur in ands raised above his head and be thrown downwards (think Wargreymon's Terra Force if you're familiar with digimon). This would cause little difference when grounded but make the aerial version look a lot more fitting.

Note that some of the FoF changes only do stuff if the right conditions are met, allowing extra power without making them outright supermoves.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
My take on the move list:

Specials
0 Demon Fist (working like Emil's Demon Fang if aerial)
</> Raging Blast (angled 30 degrees down and providing some motion for Luke if aerial, otherwise normal, luke can hover midair during the move)
v Slag Assault (working simmilarly to Yoshi's Ground Pound)
^ Fang Blade (loses height before gaining any)

Aerials
0 Swallow Fury (a small low kick which, if it connects, leads into a pass through the enemy for a spin kick and rising slash from their other side)
v Devil's Inferno (the two hits merged into a downward fiery slash)
^ Havoc Strike (gains height like an up dodge before the downward part, can end without hitting ground)
</> Sonic Thrust (possibly with a quick spin or similar)

Fonic Aerials
0 Shadow Fury (like Swallow but with a darkness wave accompanying the slash, like in Shadow Demon Fang)
v Devil's Hellfire (a downward fiery slash that goes further and produces a dark explosion on contact with the ground)
^ Blazing Havoc (like Havoc Strike but fiery and explodes on contact with ground, giving an incentive to land it, rather than chain through the air)
</> Lighting Blade (like Sonic Thrust but with the last hit triggering a smaller version of Pikachu's down B move)

Smashes
^ Light Spear Cannon (quicker and less signficant initial spin part than in TotA, final hit almost entirely upwards)
v Gaurdian Field (quicker and less signficant initial spin part than in TotA)
</> Rending Thrust

Fonic Smashes
^ Light Blast (like Spear Canon but with a light blast on the last hit)
v Gaurdian Frost (like Feild but with icicles emerging from the feild, widening the AoE slightly)
</> Rending Quake (like Thrust but with a blast of earth accompanying the second hit, assuming there's ground beneath the target)

Final Smash
Radiant Howl.
This would be altered so that, while the initial burst remains the same, the formation of the hyperresonance sphere would occur in ands raised above his head and be thrown downwards (think Wargreymon's Terra Force if you're familiar with digimon). This would cause little difference when grounded but make the aerial version look a lot more fitting.

Note that some of the FoF changes only do stuff if the right conditions are met, allowing extra power without making them outright supermoves.
I like this, but i'm not sure on rending thrust for side smash it doesn't seem right, and seeing how devil's inferno is a power hit and slag assault is a jump slam, I feel like they should be switched around. But im sure there will be many moveset changes throughout this project so I'm going to go with what you have right now.

kisamefishfries,

The following website may be of assistance to you for extracting models:
http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/file/view/TalesOfTheAbyssModelExtraction.txt

Before trying anything please read the rest of my post for (minimal) information.

(This tutorial might be blender compatible only, and there are a lot of files after extraction of needed file, 1053 total, most of which have the ".NPC" extension. I'm not certain if this is worth your time because there are 3dsmax references in the hex data, but those might only be decryptable in blender so far.)

I hope this helps (despite the run-on sentences ...),

matein10
Thanks for the link right now im having problems with the cheat engine... I might have to switch computers

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
* There were a few other tales projects, Lloyd (incomplete will probably never be finished) and Emil (complete)*
There were some horrible glitches and a ton of distractions involved. That's why Lloyd hasn't been released yet. He WILL be released on April 5, 2012, even if it means forcing the release. This is considered our semifinal release.

This release won't have throws (They're replaced by normal attacks) This is because they are too glitchy to be released publicly. The demon fang has been replaced with a ray gun bullet as well.

(To any team members reading this: This is only for the release, not for our files under development)

A patch will probably have to be made after the release, however.

As for the Luke project, I'll probably only contribute by creating brstms. I have my own Luke project.

This is what's public as of now:

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/987

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Slag Assault and Devil's Inferno are the way round they are in my movelist because Slag Assault has the slam effect that is so common in down B moves and cannot be FoF changed.
Why I chose to use Devil's Hellfire over Devil's Maw though, I'm not really certain.

As for Rending Thrust, it was place there because, of the three possible Fsmashes, it was the only one that couldn't really work as an aerial.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Slag Assault and Devil's Inferno are the way round they are in my movelist because Slag Assault has the slam effect that is so common in down B moves and cannot be FoF changed.
Why I chose to use Devil's Hellfire over Devil's Maw though, I'm not really certain.

As for Rending Thrust, it was place there because, of the three possible Fsmashes, it was the only one that couldn't really work as an aerial.
Yeah this will work, but for rending thrust we should edit it, so that instead of straight up slash after the stab its more 45 degree angle, that way it will fit.

Im still having problems with getting the models as an update, but I am on to something so stay updated. Once I get them, I will upload them to mediafire for download these will include Asch, Luke and possibly the stage. (As blender files btw.)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, it's a thrust with the sword and then an uppercut similar to Demon Fist for the "Rending" part of the move.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was a fist motion with the other hand, not an upward slash. Still, adjusting the angle would be good.
Yeah your right he does raise his hand, oh well we'll just have him raise it outwards rather than up.

so for sonic thrust are we making it like pikachu/luigi where its a charge then massive thrust forwards, or more like fox/falco where its an instant thrust but it then cuts off other possible maneuvers. OR is it just going to be a thrust, with no real recovery potential.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to double post/bump the thread but I need some help with the models I extracted. I don't know much about blender and certainly nothing about using them for the brawl models but I put them up top in the main thread, I would like some help getting these to a working model thanks everyone

also not to be a noob, but how exactly do I change the topic title?

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
attention board members, I need some help bringing these guys over to brawl before we can start the actual work on them. They also need a very slight bit of editing in blender, nothing serious just a few lines.

Top Bottom