• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a break from debate, laugh at miiverse posts.

S3K Stage

Smash Rookie
NNID
S3KStage
Is it bad that I joined just so I could post in this thread?

Also I found this a while ago.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Is Miiverse really that important? People are reacting like the world's most popular site is dying or something.

These jokers are the ones that caused Nintendo to enforce what Miiverse was originally for. They should only blame themselves.

Just saw a role play involving a stupid subject... Oh, very soon...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
View attachment 63250

Because he was already on the disc.
Technically, Mewtwo's data is NOT stored in the game disc. If it was, then there would be no need to have the update data if you want to use it. All DLC character data is stored inside the update data, which easily explains why whenever you purchase them, the purchases only require 64 KB of storage memory.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Technically, Mewtwo's data is NOT stored in the game disc. If it was, then there would be no need to have the update data if you want to use it. All DLC character data is stored inside the update data, which easily explains why whenever you purchase them, the purchases only require 64 KB of storage memory.
I think he was referring to Melee, where Mewtwo's data was indeed on the disk.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think he was referring to Melee, where Mewtwo's data was indeed on the disk.
Basically. In context, I wrote that as "Mewtwo was already on Melee's disc so he didn't cost money."

LF2K

Floor Diver
Watching the role players doing their thing, knowing their doom is coming... Man, Wednesday should be fun.

LF2K

Floor Diver
You tried, at least. Funny enough, the admins still took it down.

"Join le put an Miiverse end to the update rebels!"

Only 3 more days until the update. Will we see the peak of Miiverse immaturity?

Hey, @ BlueZard BlueZard , looks like the show's finally over. Kind of sad really, the cringe worthy RP's are starting to go.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Although I know it's for the purpose of laughing/facepalming at the silly comments, try to stay away from the more offensive stuff. Even if you're only reacting to it you're still sharing offensive, original material. Stuff like the super insensitive reactions to Iwata's death, for example, is probably better left out. Let's keep it to laughs alone here. :)

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
^
That makes sense. We don't want to upset anyone by sharing things like that, right?

Also, @ L LF2K It's about time! I wonder if the bad Miiverse RPs will truly become extinct, though... I'll have to look at the details of the Miiverse Redesign again.

Anyway, in recent Miiverse news: Apparently, due to complains about the Redesign, a Verified User (named "p0tayters", yes I'm serious) made a post telling people to stop posting about it in his game's community (Tiny Galaxy Community). One thing about p0tayters, though, is that he tends to make typos sometimes. And thus, a meme was born: "I run this Miiverse" (as apposed to "I run this Miiverse Community", I assume). There were lots of drawings, and p0tayters was aware. And he actually found his meme status to be hilarious. So, get this: He gave away 3 codes for his game after people drew pictures of the meme. And, furthermore, he took the artwork responses he got and proceeded to make 4 collages out of them all.

Here's p0tayters's post that started it all, if you're interested in seeing it:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkTcJfX8w

S3K Stage

Smash Rookie
NNID
S3KStage
Several posts later and I'm still waiting for Act III of this story.
The rest of the comments. v
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkS8KKPyg

Anyway, in recent Miiverse news: Apparently, due to complains about the Redesign, a Verified User (named "p0tayters", yes I'm serious) made a post telling people to stop posting about it in his game's community (Tiny Galaxy Community). One thing about p0tayters, though, is that he tends to make typos sometimes. And thus, a meme was born: "I run this Miiverse" (as apposed to "I run this Miiverse Community", I assume). There were lots of drawings, and p0tayters was aware. And he actually found his meme status to be hilarious. So, get this: He gave away 3 codes for his game after people drew pictures of the meme. And, furthermore, he took the artwork responses he got and proceeded to make 4 collages out of them all.
Well, he referred to the Tiny Galaxy community as the "Tiny Galaxy Miiverse" so I guess he thinks communities are called Miiverses.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkTwPm2iQ
How about you not?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Watching these kids (and some adults, too) flip out over the update has been quite funny. Some of them have threatened to leave Miiverse forever... good riddance, I'd say.

The real question, though, is that will the admins become even more strict towards off-topic posts following Wednesday?

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
image.jpg

Thats right Lucina the future is not written! (?) Most certainly im sure!

Classic Lucina love <3 ^_^
lmao 'support Lucina' guys...

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Only one day left to go.

I was browsing through all the popular communities, and the posts about either "saving" or leaving Miiverse are freakin' hilarious. People are so dramatic.

The ironic thing is that they are "saving" Miiverse, not just the way the people who misused the service want.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Only one day left to go.

I was browsing through all the popular communities, and the posts about either "saving" or leaving Miiverse are freakin' hilarious. People are so dramatic.

The ironic thing is that they are "saving" Miiverse, not just the way the people who misused the service want.
Ohhh the irony!

Also:
image.jpg

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Only one day left to go.

I'm willing to bet you that the ones who claim they're "leaving" Miiverse are going to be back a day later.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Uh..the translated version of this post will most definitely show up by the time anyone checks this thread again, but on Friday, there will be more content added to the game.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkUIhdm4w

I can predict massive backlash to a certain brawler costume added. I can also predict a certain blue charizard finding satisfaction in said backlash.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Watching everyone freak out over the update sure is entertaining. I like the update already.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
OK, I'll be honest here.
I actually had mixed feelings about the Redesign. On one hand, we'd probably see less of those bad RPs and such. Maybe. But, on the other hand, I actually consider myself to be a "Smasher" in a way, and enjoyed reading the meme-filled posts and drawings. It just made Miiverse more interesting to me, and even fun. So, seeing everyone freak out over the Redesign made me worry about exactly what would happen. Would I still get the same entertainment as before?

...And so it happened.

All I can say is, that new layout for normal Communities is definitely gonna take some getting used to.
As for the post/comment limit, well... I've never made that many posts in a day before, so I don't think that will be an issue for me.
Activity Feed posting gone? Well, despite making a "RIP Activity Feed" drawing yesterday, I only posted there once or twice throughout my entire time of using Miiverse.
And I haven't tried out the new stuff yet.

It's hard to say what I think about it as a whole, though. It's just that seeing other people unhappy about it makes me feel unhappy, too... But, it always could've been worse. And who knows, maybe we WILL get used to it eventually?

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
OK, I'll be honest here.
I actually had mixed feelings about the Redesign. On one hand, we'd probably see less of those bad RPs and such. Maybe. But, on the other hand, I actually consider myself to be a "Smasher" in a way, and enjoyed reading the meme-filled posts and drawings. It just made Miiverse more interesting to me, and even fun. So, seeing everyone freak out over the Redesign made me worry about exactly what would happen. Would I still get the same entertainment as before?

...And so it happened.

All I can say is, that new layout for normal Communities is definitely gonna take some getting used to.
As for the post/comment limit, well... I've never made that many posts in a day before, so I don't think that will be an issue for me.
Activity Feed posting gone? Well, despite making a "RIP Activity Feed" drawing yesterday, I only posted there once or twice throughout my entire time of using Miiverse.
And I haven't tried out the new stuff yet.

It's hard to say what I think about it as a whole, though. It's just that seeing other people unhappy about it makes me feel unhappy, too... But, it always could've been worse. And who knows, maybe we WILL get used to it eventually?
I feel like the resign is ok... I really wish they did not disable posting for activity feed and i just don't really see the point of play journals to be honest...

Last edited:
Top Bottom