• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj is the best Mewtwo (Ask Taj Stuff Thread)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
No I agree with the fair situation. I was only talking optimistically. If u kno the matchup you can space the fairs. Also I often dash dance into dashattack or try and end up behind them for the grab so that I avoid gettin jabbed. alot of times at low percents on fast fallers(little higher too) and floaties u can dash attack into a grab

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
What's with so much Mewtwo inactivity? This thread must be revived!

Why do players charge a SB when they're jumping out to edgeguard or something? I see it often, and I don't know what this tiny SBC has to do with the edgeguard.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
well it has a continuous hitbox that will mess up anyone that it hits. it also can turn you around to let you jump->bair them or edgehog.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Not to mention aside from gettin strongerr as it charges, turning u around[if u so choose] have a constant hit box, looking ****ing tight.....You can still just throw it. Also you can use its momentum to push u in a direction. and its scary.

nuff said

plus u can actually charge it in the air

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the input. Also, what should I use to finish up my fair combos? I've just been using uair when they get too high for me to follow them.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
At low percents you can often do more than one fair.

At low percents I like to end my fairs with a grab, and try to get some dthrow tech chase out of it.

At high percents all you got is Uair or nair, maybe a backair.

Try to dash dance and baby shadow ball or something and hit them when they come down, altho its no longer a real combo just good play.

Respond in the other thread tho

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I've got a question. Are InstantDjC's a good subsitute for short hopping? Because I'm having trouble short-hopping but I can DjC pretty good.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
No. They both have their own specific uses. Sometimes it is better to short hop out of shield and neutral air, sometimes it is more beneficial to DJC neutral air out of shield. Most of the time it is better to use DJCs to link a combo while they're at low percentage and using a short hop at higher percentage so you can double jump and follow it up faster.

Xyless

Smash Master
What do you recommend as a counterpick stage against the major characters (Falco, Captain Falcon, and Marth in particular)? I generally go with Battlefield for all my CP (except for Peach), but I generally do that in hopes of getting a Confusion through the stage.

I ask because I'm going to a tourney this weekend and at the previous one I kept messing up the Confusion and killing myself...curse my loss of Melee muscle memory thanks to Brawl.

bbqribs

Smash Rookie
hey taj got a quick question

i really seem to have trouble fighting ganon, moreso then spacies, is it just a spacing issue cause it seem ganon can KO you in a couple of hits

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
i really seem to have trouble fighting ganon, moreso then spacies, is it just a spacing issue cause it seem ganon can KO you in a couple of hits

I'm obviously not Taj, but, we can't really tell if that is your specific problem without a video or something. If you would like to maybe describe a situation or something, that would be helpful.

But, I guess bad spacing will really screw you over versus Ganon, because if he has good spacing, you are, like you said, toast after a couple of hits. M2's gotta be careful around a Ganon, bein light and big doesn't exactly play to your favor in this matchup.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I am Taj, Ganon's poor spacing and your excellent spacing will be what determines whether you **** or get *****. Basically, Ganon can kinda play this match like a less moble Marth. He just pounds your shield and can keep you out with tilts/jabs.

The only way you're going to get inside is with ridiculous timing between those aerials and slipping through very tiny cracks or getting Ganon to whiff from your approaches and cross up teleports. Once you get inside, you can start messing him up and racking up damage from tech chasing and chasing him in the air.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Well as usual, this question could go to anyone who wants to answer it.

Scenario: So when I fight a Jiggs, I find it practical to forward tilt upwards when Jiggs wants to try to give me the Wall of Pain. It has good range and it's pretty quick to not get punished by it which is why I use it.

ques: Is there another method that is better than the one I am using to retaliate against the Wall of Pain?
--------
BTW I almost defeated Jiggs; one more SC would've killed her if the opportunity was given to me =)

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
As someone that has won against Mango's Jiggs with M2, I wouldn't advise using Forward tilt against Jiggs' WoP. Aerial priority (especially Jiggs') is greater than M2's ground priority most of the time. I typically WD into the WoP as close as you can with shield up, and if it is poorly spaced or if they try to cross up, then I Neutral air out of shield to punish. If they do a rising and falling back air, then you throw a shadowball and slide in during the landing lag with a wavedash down tilt to give Jiggs some High-Low pressure and then try to play for the grab or the neutral air depending on if the opponent wants to stay low, roll, or jump away.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Ohh man....that's what I keep forgetting to incorporate; the **** neutral out of shield. The Jiggs spacing is very good. So to punish her, is never in most cases.

Ok thanks.

Now...what should I do after a grab against Jiggs?
--------
I'm going to a get together today and we are going to record so I need the advice. I'm hoping to capture some combos for my M2 COMBO segment in my combo video; not trailer.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Use whatever throw that would move Jiggs furthest from the center of the stage. Typically down throw and back throw accomplish this. Down throw because it can let you get opportunities to attack from underneath where Forward throw doesn't do it as well and you don't want to decay up throw's knockback.

It also sends Jiggs a little too high for it to give you any openings.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Xyless: Lost to Scar and Hax. :(
Only Jigglypuff's Forward throw can be Smash DIed, no other throws in the game can be smash DIed.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I want to pick up Mewtwo, like, for good. I have taken such a large break from the game and want to come back and play this character. I have mained Fox since I started, so it's a big difference, lol.

Just putting that out there so you can expect to hear from me a lot in this thread, ha.

SDC

Smash Lord
ahright, another poor fool who has come back to melee and emulates taj, and thus thinks mew2 is a kool char. he however will become discouraged after getting 3stocked at every tourney he goes to, getting CF kneed a record 235 times, but then taj's next shadowclaw vid comes out, giving him the motivation he needs to continue his hopeless and impossible quest to bring everyone's favorite pokemon above bottom tier. you continue to suffer early defeat at any and all competitive events you attend, however you stubbornly soldier on, inspired and emboldened by your delusions of grandeur. good luck buddy.

oh, and welcome to the mew2 community lol

GOTM

Smash Champion
haha, thanks. what sucks is, the people i will be playing on a weekly basis are cactuar, scar, and pakman.

i already hate CF thanks to scar, and cactuar will give me the gay training with everyone else. pakmans a low tier master so hopefully i can get used to all the frustration early and overcome it, lol

Top Bottom