• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tafokints On What's At Stake At Evo 2015

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

California Smasher, tournament organizer, and blogger for MeleeItOnMe Daniel "Tafokints" Lee has released another of his Tafo's Talk videos on the MeleeItOnMe Youtube channel. The most recent video in the series covered on Smashboards was on Why Smashers Are Skeptical, and this video covers what is at stake at Evo 2015.

What will be the legacy of players at Evo 2015? Who will come out victorious? The only way to find out is to wait for the grand finals matches to conclude! To keep up with Tafokints be sure to follow him on Twitter.

SmashCapps found the video to be a very informative watch. While you're following Tafokints be sure to follow SmashCapps on Twitter to keep up to date with everything Smash.

KCB: Cloth

Killer Combro
I am so overly hyped for this event. I hope it will positively influence the meta game. If it won't, I bet we've atleast seen some crazy ****.

Last edited:

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
I'm reluctant to see customs at EVO, haven't been feeling them since december.

Last edited:

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
For everyone who's been saying customs are a bad idea in sm4sh. Let me ask you a question, without the diversity of custom moves, what does this game have, competitively, over melee? Not to much, to be honest.

Caterpillor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9928-7747
Could have mentionned in the title that it was only focused on Melee though. x)

WwwWario

Smash Ace
For everyone who's been saying customs are a bad idea in sm4sh. Let me ask you a question, without the diversity of custom moves, what does this game have, competitively, over melee? Not to much, to be honest.
It's a different game though. Plays differently than Melee. Also, beautiful graphics and huge viable roster. That's enough for me :)

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
This isn't a contest to see which is the better competitive game, melee is it's own smash game, and smash 4 is one as well. They play differently and if people want to see melee, they'll play melee.

Last edited:

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
I think Evo 2015 is gonna be great, especially with customs. Also the :4diddy: nerf might make it harder for Diddy mains like ZeRo to WIN EVERY SET.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
EVO is the only tournament i'm remotely excited for due to the fact that I can actually compete with my main character

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
You can argue for customs without having to retread into tired old comparisons with Melee only causing unrest and trouble, y'know...

Smash Ace

California Smasher, tournament organizer, and blogger for MeleeItOnMe Daniel "Tafokints" Lee has released another of his Tafo's Talk videos on the MeleeItOnMe Youtube channel. The most recent video in the series covered on Smashboards was on Why Smashers Are Skeptical, and this video covers what is at stake at Evo 2015.

What will be the legacy of players at Evo 2015? Who will come out victorious? The only way to find out is to wait for the grand finals matches to conclude! To keep up with Tafokints be sure to follow him on Twitter.

SmashCapps found the video to be a very informative watch. While you're following Tafokints be sure to follow SmashCapps on Twitter to keep up to date with everything Smash.
Who is this Asian?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I think Evo 2015 is gonna be great, especially with customs. Also the :4diddy: nerf might make it harder for Diddy mains like ZeRo to WIN EVERY SET.
ZeRo is actually super proficient with like a quarter of the roster by now, so don't get your hopes up :p

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I am looking forward to EVO BUT my biggest worry is we will see lots of camping custom villagers, you guys know the deal...
Good, they take take out the other players for me so I can beat them all myself. Fighting campy villager is eazy pez if you know what to do.

T0MMY

Smash Master
After some local tournaments have switched to EVO rules to practice for the event I can't say custom moves has added anything legitimately to our events and has caused a divide in our scene that has done more harm than a "deeper" game could ever compensate for.
Same players are still winning, there's no "balancing" that's happening from customs other than some people switched to Donkey Kong and spammed the new Mach Tornado.

Just hoping if things go south at EVO people realize it's just one tournament and rules can change whether using customs or not. And I'm attending either way, so mostly just going to try to have fun.

Last edited:

Wintry

Smash Cadet
It's a different game though. Plays differently than Melee. Also, beautiful graphics and huge viable roster. That's enough for me :)
I have to say that a huge viable roster is what does it for me. I can't speak to what the game will become later, but at least for now I can play any character and still feel like I have a chance.

qpMONKEYMIKEqp

Smash Cadet
People that think PewPew is over rated need to GTFO =P he is probubly my favorite player that is not in god status other than lucky. Cant wait for this event! after seeing mango make leffen rage quit i am hyped to see mango take it all =]].

Mjolnir/Hunter101

Smash Cadet
NNID
ryfennn
in a ideal world, i'd love to see Melee and Smash4(my fav) equally respected in the competitive scene. Maybe one day i'll get that wish instead of all the bitter animosity of the present.

Top Bottom