• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taco Bell Mafia: Game over. Who won?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Please feel free to critique me. I do see how I was a bit lazy with Prods maybe? I would have given them if I saw someone was up.

Also, July was totally here the whole time co-modding.

Rajam

Smash Champion
I probably deserved a prod at some moment... but other than that there wasn't really anything that deserves critique :p

This setup is an interesting variation for an all-vanillas... the mafia role cop could actually "hurt" mafia a little because Mafia would leave the investigated vanilla people alive and attempt to kill someone still not investigated (probably weaker players) trying to hit a PR when... there was actually 1 PR! Bodyguard doesn't count much lol. The lack of a cop makes the setup much more oriented towards Day play; overall I'd say good call on not putting a cop on a 9-players setup, since it would require a lot of other roles to "counter" its power, or either use a paranoid / naive / random cop which probably isn't a good idea for a small anyways. Very balanced setup :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh yeah, on the setup.

Basically my idea was just to focus on the day play, town wise. Double voting, doesn't influence anything during the night, and doesn't get any special info. I think Kary did well in hiding it for so long, it's just too bad he didn't get to use it in lylo or something. I was originally thinking of having a Doctor in the game, but demoted it to BodyGuard to make it that much more of a "Should I send in a target or keep myself alive for town" kinda thing. Now scum wise, people usually use a Roleblocker, yet I didn't include one. I just included a rolecop, because that just revolves around who they want to kill at night, which doesn't need 'balance' to fix! :D Since Glyph and RR were out of the spotlight for so long, it gave them an advantage, which means they played well Day wise. (Another thing, they already found out Zen was a PR, so that could possibly narrow down their 'who's a pr' pool)

Kary, post what you are thinking bro. :D

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
scum was either

#1 vinyl/ryu
#2 glyph/ryu
#3 something crazy

and the Day coming round to 'oh well let's just lynch vinyl' was a huge tell that vinyl was town.

To top it off that I had literally just explained to glyph how it's not in his interests to lynch Vinyl toDay, and then he goes and votes Vinyl.

I'm not mad at Rajam, because Glyph played really well and had me more or less fooled, so I can understand that vote.

but toDay was bound to have scum show themselves eventually, and i'm pissed that basically all of the evidence was there and then they got away with it.

literally, had I had a bit more free time to re-read etc, I probably could have wrapped this up and sold you the scumteam with a bow on top

but w/e. can't always get what you want

gonna say thanks for modding now, Ran, so I don't forget. Really enjoyed this setup, I like small games and I think the balance was just right. Flavour also good, really enjoyed my role PM. A++ would play again.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
also i shoulda fake claimed tracker like 24hrs into d3

but i asked too many questions and it became obvious i didn't have any result

and i had no good way of faking a doublevote without actually killing someone

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
also i'm reading the scum QT (which is a good read btw)

glyphscum super-sold on ryu's 'scumslip' :rolleyes:

further reads from the QT:
Glyph tells ryu it's imperative he keeps vinyl as town
*sigh*
when i came into D3 i was like 'why does ryu have vinyl as town'
and the obvious answer was 'to justify the hammer on inferno'

(which is why Ryu coming round to vinylscum on D3 is hellascumtastic)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The scum were still in the dark about your role. I think you should have fake claimed Vanilla, that way they'd be all like "oh ok, either someone's lying or this is an all vt setup". That way they probably wouldn't (but probably would) investigate you.

Also, thank you for the A. :D Some of the Role PM flavors just came to me haha. I direct you to Vinyl's flavor, and even Soup.

I encourage everyone to read the role Pm flavors!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rajam again shows people need to stop throwing him aside on activity when his content and reads are super good.
:phone:
I already know that he is an asset, I will say I guess I got a bit omgusy with him in Celeb Rehab mafia I was like D: < but as he continued he found me to be town so all was k. :woman:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
read this game, liked it.

Didn't have RR as scum at all.

Vinyl proven as easiest player to misread / mislynch in all of DGames.

Solid play by kary, he just got out matched in this one. Loved the flavor but not after midnight because it gave me the munchies xD

Like your modding style a lot Ran btw

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I already know that he is an asset, I will say I guess I got a bit omgusy with him in Celeb Rehab mafia I was like D: < but as he continued he found me to be town so all was k. :woman:
I really think he is in my top 10, if not top 5 of people in DGames.

His activity his is only issue. Other than that, Rajam is legitly a great asset to his faction. This game he misread Vinyl, but I don't blame him for that. Overall I really think he one of the best players around here that people ignore way way way way too much.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, I feel Rajam had the space to be able to catch up and contribute without his credibility being tarnished due to 'inactivity'. In more active towns he would prolly be called attention to, but at the time people were busy or vla or something. I was glad he had time to catch up and post content. :D

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
both Rajam and BarDulL were pretty obvtown straight away, which is always a great asset to have as town

Sadly you kinda tend to have to read Vinyl by PoE, because the end of Day1 both him and Ryu were throwing scumtells around like confetti. But he's not unreadable. That he took a hard stance on Inferno being scum, and yet no obvious bus emerged to scapegoat him for that D3 kinda suggested he was town. Also i'm going to pencil in him giving up as a town-tell

And thanks RR. I coulda done a bit better, but then again that's always true.

For the record I have no intention of trying to work with Zen if he's not going to go into any depth on his reads, or even explain how strong they are. I'll work around him if we're both town, because he makes himself useful. But trying to engage/work with him when he barely tells me anything is a joke.

and Inferno was much more townie than Vinyl, and clearly not aligned with RR
though I guess this is just salt

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I didn't have enough time to plan this game out like I wanted to. It's a huge shame and mafia just simply strongarmed this town. I'm really dissapointed I got lynched for what I got lynched for because in the end I was only pushing so hard to get people to do things and hopefully get a better read on Vinyl.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I understand ran, I felt the same way about my play and I didn't know what to do by day 3.

I feel like this is a no MVP from here on.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I should start sticking to my baseless reads 10 posts into the game.
/brofist

yo spectating this game i thought you were glyphs partner near endgame cuz you had him as definite scum for a long portion of the game in the beginning but then changed it and did this weird progression from obvscum ---> townbro that looked like distancing. i think youre pretty good at latching onto scum early on in the game (i think you did this in erb too) but sometimes let too much discussion fog your reads and back off when youve got em. just an observation buddy

Top Bottom