• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Hopefully Jaz doesn't miss it this time...

Character: Pichu
Colour: Yellow (brighter than CAOTIC's), kind of like the colour of Pichu.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot, WELCOME NESIS!!

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
psst any chance of videos atthe smash meet? >.>
there is a 100% chance of videos at the smash meet - EGG has a video cable splitter and a TV capture computer box to record games =D

oh, and jaz - any luck with the poster?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Don't think i've seen any Samus or red ones yet
Yeah here's a red coloured sig user however I don't use Samus :p

Is it just me, or is this thread really popular today? Maybe it's just Jaz's ridiculously hot sigs.
It's not just you. I've been noticing the same and I'm hoping it will beat QLD with spam. Goes to show Sydney isn't really quiet after all...

The tournament will be recorded on vids thanks to Brinton. What u going to record the battles on?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Quote:
Don't think i've seen any Samus or red ones yet

Yeah here's a red coloured sig user however I don't use Samus

Quote:
Is it just me, or is this thread really popular today? Maybe it's just Jaz's ridiculously hot sigs.

It's not just you. I've been noticing the same and I'm hoping it will beat QLD with spam. Goes to show Sydney isn't really quiet after all...

The tournament will be recorded on vids thanks to Brinton. What u going to record the battles on?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Sweet, I Can Watch Myself Lose The Same Match Over And Over Until My Eyes Bleed!
I wish I could see that happening to myself, but well, I'm not going, so I'll have to wait until S3 to have matches recorded of one of you beating the **** out of me. Or the other way around if I'm lucky.

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
I'll post the videos on the EGG site and link them here so you can D/L them. If I'm feeling generous there may even be some DVD releases.

Jaz

Smash Ace

Abhorsen

Smash Cadet
Showing off my sig even though i'm not gonna be there, lol.

The one and only Samus to get a sig and not show, so far :p

nesis

Smash Cadet
I'd like videos at the smash meet, too =D

And Jaz has just finished my sig. I'll set it up posthaste and make another post to show it off o,o

*finishes this post a good 40 minutes after starting it*

@,@ My sister randomly came over and I ended up spending a good while away from the computer. However, I managed to finnagle this awesome 8-Ball.

Should I stop typing random things and submit this post?

*rattles the 8 Ball*

... The stars say yes =D

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Sydney lives!

I might be heading Sydney way later this year. I'll be expecting to catch up on some Smash if I do come.

Will let you know closer to the date.

<3 NSW.

nesis

Smash Cadet
... And here's the sig! Many props to Jaz for it.

I figured the character silhouetted in it sort of represented my style of playing - sit there and get belted repeatedly without showing any signs of attack or even defensive maneouvers =D

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
Sydney lives!

I might be heading Sydney way later this year. I'll be expecting to catch up on some Smash if I do come.

Will let you know closer to the date.

<3 NSW.
OMG guys, Melbourne's noticed, and they're excited!! WOOOOO

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
hey guys - i was wondering since we'll have all the match results for 2 (hopefully 3) different SSBM events, i can come up with a rating system or put one online. what do people think?

Berimbau - try again =P

nesis

Smash Cadet
>=D Let's give them something to get excited about.

*wants to play smash pretty **** bad right now, but has to do the assignment*

;_; Persevere, nesis. Persevere.

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
ok, we have 13 people registered for the 'smashfest' at the end of the month. i'm gonna put on a bbq for 20 ppl so please, please bring along as many people as possible - if you can get them to register tomorrow as well that's awesome (means more bbq that way =D )

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yup just bring GC controller. I've only got two tvs and a Wii and GC so no need to bring other stuff. I've got funky to bring a copy of smash and mem card so we will have two copies of smash today.

Looking forward to it!

i can come up with a rating system
I thought long and hard about that until the first tourney started. If you have about 15 - 20 ppl then a random seeding will work. Now, however, we have records (and results) of the previous tournament so you could seed the next tourney based on the results. But for those people who didn't attend last time, well I can say either lump them together as a random seed in this upcoming tournament or set up a pool (swiss system etc) and rank them accordingly. Another thing, CodeMonkey, don't show the seeding results online as it might make some ppl get upset with their ranking. Anybody have other ideas as to how we can seed players for the next tournament?

We have 27 people signed up for S3. We are definitely getting bigger!!
I know. We are definitely getting bigger. Now all we have to do is keep this up and we'll be large enough to represent NSW in crews!

Bjay

Smash Lord
maybe set seed for what they came last time?

then as more tourney comes, do like an "average"

*shrug*

Just a suggestion.

Take it, or leave it

Sa-weet.

Top Bottom