• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Boswer

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine...just not as Fox or Falco ;)

Here are the rules we've come up with so far:

1) 64 man tourney, double elimination. Standard counterpicks apply. Matches are best of 3 with winners, losers and grand finals out of 7.
2) The only characters allowed are D Tier and below. For those that want me to list them instead of clicking the link, too bad
3) We want to make it a relatively equal distribution of characters. There are 13 characters so it won't go evenly in, but we want to avoid there being 20 Zeldas and 1 Yoshi.
4) No player can represent two different characters or take two different slots in the bracket.
5) Top 3 get some neato prize that has yet to be determined. And bragging rights.

Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Bowsers. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters. I hope this is done civilly or somewhat democratically. Those 4/5 slots have to agree to fill the slot and have WiFi/the means to play the tourney. You can try to recruit other smashers to represent your character, but they can only play as one character so you're up against other boards in the recruiting aspect.

The bracket will also be set up so that not all 4/5 of the same character are on the same side, so you guys won't meet each other until later in the tourney.

Thoughts? Comments? Lists of players? Your feedback is more than welcome!

Flayl

Smash Hero
Bowser is terrible on wifi, like, possibly the worst character in the game on wifi. Friendlies with good Bowser players are much more revealing than wifi matches.

edit: Bowser shouldn't climb out of D tier though, so it's all good.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I uld like to do it but im not well known as a bowser mainer... but I think I can do well

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lol @ title fail :D

I probably won't be a good choice cause:
* European
* haven't played Bowser in ages
* I'm terrible on WiFi

lawls~

MrEh

Smash Hero
Wifi is fun as long as you don't take it seriously.

Spam Fsmashes. That usually does the trick.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Marth players say Marth is the worst because you cant space correctly, Ganon players say Ganon is the worst because its hard to auto cancel al of his aerials, Jiggz dies too early, G&W dies too early, DK players have difficult times with projecile spam on WiFi, you cant powershield , ZSS cant land her precision aerials, blah blah blah blah blah

Flayl

Smash Hero
Marth players say Marth is the worst because you cant space correctly, Ganon players say Ganon is the worst because its hard to auto cancel al of his aerials, Jiggz dies too early, G&W dies too early, DK players have difficult times with projecile spam on WiFi, you cant powershield , ZSS cant land her precision aerials, blah blah blah blah blah
Well Bowser has all of those problems except auto-canceling aerials and dying too early.

Plus timing aerial klaw in wifi is a joke and you can't chaingrab almost anybody.

Timing fortress's invincibility frames when recovering is impossible.

Have I given you enough reasons yet?

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
lol Not the Spam happy Wolf players. Laser, laser, laser, laser, fsmash, fsmash, laser, random bair, and so on.

B!squick

Smash Master
Good luck getting 4 Bowser players is all I can say. My monies on them never winning a match if you somehow find that many or regardless.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
The problem is all the good bowsers are saying no, plus bowser sucks on wifi.

I'll be a backup if you can't find enough good players.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Uh when is this thing anyway...for the sake of the boards I guess I can put myself through the traumas of Wi-Fi, as long as it's before I leave to go to school -.-

And also this is really weird because the top 5 Bowsers actually probably won't play online...who are the actual top 5 anyway? I know it's Vex, _______, _________, ____________, and ____________ -.- I have a bunch'a names that could go in the "__________"'s but idk what to put there.

And also if we need Wi-Fi Bowsers I could negotiate Liquid Gen to try his luck at this stuff again, although he's going through a "brawl sucks, let's brawl+" phase...which is really gay.

Anyway, I'm going to Gauntlet. Be back tonight.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Because here we are cold heartless *******s who live for the sole purpose of cutting others down and watching them writhe in pain and misfortune......But apart from that you'll do fine!

TP

Smash Master
Ganon players say Ganon is the worst because its hard to auto cancel al of his aerials
That's not Ganon's problem at all. Autocanceling is as easy online as it is offline. The problem is that we have no answer to projectile spam and camping online, our recovery is even worse, Ganon handles several matchups by spacing and can't do it well online, and choke tech chasing is much harder due to input lag.

Also, lol at this thread. Seems like Bowser won't be winning if you have zero entering. :laugh:

:034:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Now that we're all clear this does absolutely nothing for Bowser, who wants to play?

It'd probably be a bad idea for me to join up due to me being european, but I'll gladly help any Bowser player practice.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
No, they actually fixed Bowser+ to the point where he's essentially the same as he is in brawl, he's just stronger. Really stronger. Although B+ physics kinda take a dump in his face a bit, it's pretty kewl.

But, more importantly, when is this tournament thing, seriously

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
My online is extremely unreliable so I don't think I'll be entering.

I would though if my wifi connector didn't work for one day and then stop the next :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

B!squick

Smash Master
No, they actually fixed Bowser+ to the point where he's essentially the same as he is in brawl, he's just stronger. Really stronger. Although B+ physics kinda take a dump in his face a bit, it's pretty kewl.

But, more importantly, when is this tournament thing, seriously
Really? Grab Releases and UpB is reliable again? And I don't just do SH Aerials all the time?

I highly doubt they made Bowser "essentially the same" and regardless, from what I gathered from your post, there's still no point in Bowser in B+ because he's still worse than Bowser in vB.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Forget Bowser in B+, PT is where it's at!

But seriously lets take the Brawl+ to the general discussion this must be pretty demoralising for Virgilijus first no-one cares about the low tier tourney now we arent even discussing it.

B!squick

Smash Master
I think I can sum up what most of us are thinking.

"roflcoptor... wait, are you serious?"

Bowser players are already a niche market. Finding the decent ones for wifi is, like, next to impossible.

calv

Smash Cadet
Where are the details of this tournament, times etc? I only ever play online as im old and none of my mates play Smash Bros anymore, so if im available i'll enter.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Seriously -.- someone needs to get dates and times for this mess. I know Bowser's bad online, but we need some people. I'd participate but can we get dates? Please? I'm so worried about dates because I'm in a time constraint ;-;

I feel like this thing isn't even set and stone, probably more like a joke :l

Flayl

Smash Hero
KevinM, calv and Limit are our primary candidates so far. KingKong if he can prove he does well.

Other candidates are AtotheZ and shinyspoon42.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
i think you guys should let SuSa join^^(nao SuSa it's your turn ;))

Top Bottom