• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So now that the Smash Ballot is all but gone and there is no Smash DLC, we need a new ballot for nerds to go crazy over.

Good Smile has us covered.

https://event.goodsmile.info/nendoro10thanniv/en/survey/

They are holding a ballot for their next Nendoroid.

I voted already.

View attachment 96346
King K. Rool Nendoroid, here I come!

But he's a Super Sand Lesbian who's been triggered by blue arms. Check your privilege, ma'am!

Again, thank you for the trip this morning and always being by my side. Negatibuzz won't be inspiriting me anymore, but unfortunately Dismarelda succeeded in her plan for tearing apart my family.

Die cisgender scum, you are an enemy to women and LGBT folk every where! >:<

Just kidding, I'm just glad that my love is really feeling it instead of being Zor 2.0. :4shulk:

Remember, he's actually looking forward to you doing him a favor while he's gone and the break up didn't come to waste. Besides, you will have a new family very soon if you think about it. Now go out there and get your little brother that present he needs to show that you'll take care of him until he graduates.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think that's the issue. You simply need to work on it. I wish I could recommend you some nice threads. :c Maybe find a chatroom full of friends to talk to often? I did that and have improved much since. If that doesn't work, professional help is always an option. I myself have mental issues and had to see a psychiatrist(I'm not talking about me being Transgender, to clarify). It really helped change my view on the world and made my life far better. :)

Zebei, I'm being serious. This isn't funny nor is that real socializing. Waifu talk is really freaking creepy. >.<
This is why it's all about Bae talk.

Whos' your favorite non- video game Bae?

Mine:
Deep background, growing strong, confident, demanding, gets what she wants, tries her best and wants to free people while trying to save her family legacy. Besides, she's freakin' baddass AND adorable.
Daenerys of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name
Queen of Meereen
Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men (claimant)
Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms (claimant)
Protector of the Realm (claimant)
Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea
Breaker of Chains
Mother of Dragons
rui-zhang-daenerys-targaryen-by-linxz2010-d61v3j3.jpg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok so my thoughts on the AZOTH connection.

AZ was once a powerful ruler of Kalos. However when the Kalos war broke out 3,000 years ago, he began to change. He wanted to save floette after the war killed it. I believe AZ ruled many lands in Kalos. I think we will learn that the war was started by another rule trying to take over Kalos. As King, AZ participated in the war, as in ancient times this wasn't to uncommon.

Which reminds me, The ultimate weapon killed a lot of pokemon, enough to make Floette sad and leave. How many did it kill? I have to imagine that a war fought by giant monsters and humans would be enough power to destroy the earth as pokemon like Gyrados and tyranitar could destroy entire cities. Let alone any megas at the time...

So how powerful was this weapon? It must have been just as, if not more destructive then the war itself..... Which is pretty insane if you think about it.

Moving on, I believe AZOTH was the main civilization that AZ had conquered. It was probably A strategic city to own. Perhaps it was massive like Luminous City? From this City, AZ ruled. I also think this is why it's called Azoth. It be named after him, much like Alexandria was named after Alexander the Great. IT could be a real life comparison by GF. In this city, volcanion lived, because as we've seen in the anime movies and games, legendaries lived with ancient humans.

By the time AZ takes over AZOTH, floette is dead, and he plans to build the ultimate weapon to resurrect it. Azoth is built as a technological advancement. It has stempunk like tech as we've been hinted at.

As part of this theory, I should mention, that based on the games, I am thinking and Hoenn were once connected to Kalos. Moving on...

As AZ builds the ultimate weapon, he is unsure if it will work Using the corpses of pokemon his soldiers bring back from the fighting grounds. For this theory, I predict that AZOTH is in the southeast portion of Kalos. Why?

Well currently in the anime, Ash and co are on their way to Snowbelle. This movie takes place at the same time. Volcanion is heading to Azoth to save magianna, but ends up dragging Ash with it. Volcanion lives in mountains, and to the South East of Kalos, there seems to be a lot of them. Plus a place this could easily work in a mountain, or almost badlands setting.

Also there is no place for it where the kalos map is now, but it clearly will be important, so it being in the south makes sense.

Moving on.... After enough pokemon were sacrificed, AZ tests the device out on an old lifeless robot that was lying around. IT works and brings Magianna to life. Magianna is confused on what life is and is brought to life in the middle of the war.. Perhaps he also managed to Create regigias somehow, who then pushed the continents away, separating Kalos and Hoenn? And eventually created the regis Seeing his idea worked, Az brings floette back to life. But the war and everything else gets to him...

He finds a way to rework the life saving device into one that ends lives. The device kills more people and pokemon, and ends the war. However firing that beam released the energy that causes primal evolution. Magianna somehow will use this energy and cause volcanion to use primal reversion. Perhaps magianna actually holds part of the ultimate weapon in it, and if something happens to it, it could end up killing many people. Volcanion will want to stop it's kidnappers from harassing this power in the movie.

After firing the ultimate weapon, not only did it release the energy that can cause primal reversion, but it also gave AZ immortality since he was so close to the firing range. Or maybe Magianna somehow became the reason.
The blasts also destroys the Azoth kingdom. However left confused and by itself, Magianna ends up staying in the kingdom, and becomes friends with volcanion. Due to the actions they both witness, they isolated themselves and avoid the human race.

As the years go by, AZ wanders Kalos alone, saddened by his actions and the loss of his beloved floette. Until the events of XY,
I also think that Magma and Aqua knew about the Azoth kingdom but not magianna. I believe that due to the state he was in at the time, AZ would neglect magianna as his focus was on Floette, and even in his sadness, he ignores it. Az would the go back to the kingdom in Z and apologize and state how you would be better at owning it maybe. Although it's a mythical pokemon so maybe we won't see it in game at all, but after deoxys, it's possible.

In Z, maybe we go to Azoth and learn that the machine actually created a new type,by causing it's energy to bring things like magianna to life. This could lead into my theory of a new type, the machine, or man made type. It would apply to manmade pokemon, and maybe we could see that there are steampunk or self aware objects that became pokemon as a result of the machine's energy. This could all take place in Z. Maybe southern Kalos is opened up after the mountains mysteriously get leveled and the region is accessible by land. As we go along we could get into Episode V, a plot that revolves around volcanion being the reason the south is accessible, and end to the AZ/Team Flare story, and the discovery of magianna and learning more about how the world changed recently.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the story takes a new turn before the end of the game, and a war is about to happen that would be catastrophic. Perhaps Malva now leading Neo team Flare, could find a way to obtain the ultimate weapon, and a war is waged. You have to stop them from activating the weapon again and perhaps in them reactivating it, we learn lysandre was alive and immortal. Bit of a stretch for this last part but who knows.

I do think we could see a theme of man vs machine for the game, and I do think we will go to Hoenn in HGSS style, not much story for it( maybe it ties into the V episode or Z episode, whichever) but more challenging and the battle frontier could return as well.

And that's it! This took quite awhile to type, but if you read it, I would appreciate some thoughts. I think some of it is crazy, but it could all still work or happen imo.

Ivander

Smash Legend
"So, how do Arts work?"
*battle starts*
"HOW DO I ATTACK?"
*randomly selects Arts*
*5 hours that would just be 30 minutes if I didn't explore NLA*
HOW DO I LEVEL UP FIELD SKILLS?
No, seriously, I'm legit confused with that

And now I need to find some items for some guy name Justin but I don't have any idea where to get them.
On Chapter 4, that should be when you can start Leveling up your field skills. On Chapter 4, go see Eleanora. She'll tell you about Blade Levels and leveling up your field skills. She'll then give you a quest that asks you to get to Blade Lv.2 than talk to her again. Basically, collect stuff, do missions, defeat enemies and Tyrants, etc. And collecting collectibles continuously is actually nice for early Blade levels.
But once you reach Lv.2 in Blade levels, go see Eleanora again and she'll level up one of your field skills of your choice. After that, go see her after leveling up each time to increase one of your field skills.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So do you think we'll get the XY prerelease treatment on this Magiana news?

If you don't know, during the X & Y prerelease days, when something new got revealed in Japan, Nintendo pretty much always released the info in English too within the couple days or even hours after Japan got the news.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is why it's all about Bae talk.

Whos' your favorite non- video game Bae?

Mine:
Deep background, growing strong, confident, demanding, gets what she wants, tries her best and wants to free people while trying to save her family legacy. Besides, she's freakin' baddass AND adorable.
Daenerys of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name
Queen of Meereen
Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men (claimant)
Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms (claimant)
Protector of the Realm (claimant)
Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea
Breaker of Chains
Mother of Dragons
View attachment 96349
I'm always reminded of this screenshot I accidentally took in Smash when I see Daenarys.

Game of Thrones: Smash Edition

h7RyLl1.jpg

D

Deleted member

She's usually up in the Administrative district for a while.
Collectopedia is in the intel section.
Yeah, I realized that
But when does it become avaible?
Mine is grayed out currently
Check "intel" for the collectapedia

also welcome to XCX, where not enough is properly explained but plenty of easy stuff is explained too much . . .

I believe Kirsty is in the adminstartive district to the south east, near the end of Division alley. No idea WHEN she shows up.

She does show up in different areas after that quest though like an alley in the commercial district.

EDIT :4greninja:
No, but really, how do you level up Field Skills? Is it just doing the specific skill until you level it up or something?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yeah, I realized that
But when does it become avaible?
Mine is grayed out currently

No, but really, how do you level up Field Skills? Is it just doing the specific skill until you level it up or something?
I forgot when it becomes available and a quick google search yielded nothing.

You raise your BLADE level then talk to Eleonora next to the BLADE Mission board in the Admin District to level up field skills.
Getting Level 5 field skills require Mission Board missions called "Off the Record" and are more for late game as some require Flight and taking out Level 55 tyrants.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Look who's getting excited for the upcoming film. And he's even regretting his actions for the Sonic Boom incident.

Chris Chan will do anything he can to always stay relevant.
You know, I think Chris-Chan may have been the inspiration for Sara Osborn from Supper Smash Bros: Mishonh Form God.

LGBT spending years lashing out in denial while having a wildly racist and skewed view of the world around them, all while creating gosh awful fan works that are completely overtaken by their self inserts.

The only difference is that Sara Osborn actually seems more realistic than he does despite being the fictional one.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
"Having a figure of this popular gaming character would be a pleasure to see"

What rock have you been living under? :V

Well... ****. I don't really pay attention to them often... so I guess my vote was really useless then considering I wasn't informed about this. Thanks for letting me know though, I'll see if I could save up enough money to buy one lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well... ****. I don't really pay attention to them often... so I guess my vote was really useless then considering I wasn't informed about this. Thanks for letting me know though, I'll see if I could save up enough money to buy one lol.
Oh no, this isn't a Nendoroid, it's a Trading Arts Kai figure.

But you made it sound like there were no Cloud figures at all, but there are actually quite a few, so I was just poking fun. By all means, vote for a Cloud one, it'd be cool. :V

The Play Arts Kai one is amazing, though.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm always reminded of this screenshot I accidentally took in Smash when I see Daenarys.

Game of Thrones: Smash Edition

View attachment 96351
BTW, Season 6 pics are up! Don't you dare click if you haven't watched all 50 episodes tho. There's major spoilers with each picture except like, 1.

That blade looks more like a letter opener to mii.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Oh no, this isn't a Nendoroid, it's a Trading Arts Kai figure.

But you made it sound like there were no Cloud figures at all, but there are actually quite a few, so I was just poking fun. By all means, vote for a Cloud one, it'd be cool. :V

The Play Arts Kai one is amazing, though.

I almost thought you were serious for a second lol. I have seen a lot of Cloud Figurines from Amazon, so I know they're plentiful. I just wanted a good Nendoroid figurine for him xD.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So I've just been looking through some Smash Bayo related twitter posts and found some things.

Zynux

Smash Lord

This was a disaster.

Not the game. Just the discussion.
I don't like to defend GameXplain but I do not see the issue.

It pretty much just saying that the HD remake didn't change his mind on the game as a whole and was so far a disappointment. Andre seems to be a bit more hopeful, however.

What's the issue? It has to be more then just them not being fans of the game.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

It pretty much just saying that the HD remake didn't change his mind on the game as a whole and was so far a disappointment. Andre seems to be a bit more hopeful, however.

Nintendaan is the issue here, mostly.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How am I supposed to socialize here more? Joke about waifus? If anyone wants to chat with me, I've said that I'm willing for that anytime. I'm not sure how to fit in exactly.
That was a joke and I'm not sure if there's any other instance of me doing that. If there is then I'm sorry. Though that joke has turned out to be one of the reasons I want to find a new Social..
Bit late to this, but honestly just tallk about whatever you'd like. We have different topics throughout the day! However if you feel like leaving then go right ahead! No one dislikes you here, and I think you fit in fine!
:)

This was a disaster.

Not the game. Just the discussion.
I watched this yesterday. I have to agree, I feel like they lost the point of it...

So do you think we'll get the XY prerelease treatment on this Magiana news?

If you don't know, during the X & Y prerelease days, when something new got revealed in Japan, Nintendo pretty much always released the info in English too within the couple days or even hours after Japan got the news.
I think we could see it on the 15th, but right now we don't have confirmation of volcanion's movie for the west, so who knows. Maybe it will be announced with magianna.
Thanks for letting me know that I need this in my life.
View attachment 96353
They respond:

" Hello EpicMartin, we love your suggestion, however we have tried this in the past to no avail. We were only given enough rights to make half the figure. So sadly he could not be produced!"
:p

Man the prototype Cloud amiibo looks very different to the ask game!

In all seriousness, I don't like the look, his body proportions feel off to me, and I don't like how they did the face. The other one you posted that looks more like Cloud's game appearances, looks really nice though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Brb, going to request the creation of a Ridley Nendoroid.

Inb4 he's too big to be a figure
Well, I was unsure what to vote as I have no personal attachment to Nendoroids as of yet, but I think this takes it.

Comment said:
Guaranteed to be the biggest hit in your lineup.
. . .I was at a loss of what to put, so PUNS AWAY.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It's mainly the sheer amount of negativity.

Criticism is fine, but it started to reach a point where they stopped addressing the strengths of the game or positive aspects of the remake.

It stopped seeming fair.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Honestly want the classic Trainer Red Nendoroid so badly... I want Kirby too and Toon Link

and Sonic

oh god no i must keep control i dont need nendoroids... damn it amiibos DAMN IT

anyone feeling this way too? like the amiibos being a slippery slope into figurine madness

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
No nenderoids matter to me unless it's the adorable Solid and Venom Snake figures. I actually saw a Toon Link Nenderoid being sold at one of my local GameStop's, so that was a nice surprise.

Now if a Samus one were to be made, I might have to make a consideration...

Chrono.

Honestly want the classic Trainer Red Nendoroid so badly... I want Kirby too and Toon Link

and Sonic

oh god no i must keep control i dont need nendoroids... damn it amiibos DAMN IT
Meanwhile I have my eye Classic Red, Meta Knight, MM Link and these two guys from an anime I watch.

RIP wallet

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I see the appeal but they aren't for me. I much prefer ones that look as close as possible to the source character. So er.....Figmas! Except they are too expensive so a few amiibo's are enough for me atm.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I see the appeal but they aren't for me. I much prefer ones that look as close as possible to the source character. So er.....Figmas! Except they are too expensive so a few amiibo's are enough for me atm.
Plus amiibo don't have to deal with the bull****tery of Customs when you buy them.

Still waiting for the Lucina figma to arrive.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I still want that Toon Link one, and Toon Zelda is getting one too isn't she? Does Professor Layton have one yet?
I don't think he did yet, but I hope he does. I would buy one!

Oh right, I forgot Metaknight is getting one too.. lol RIP my money

_Sheik

Smash Lord
He's a ****ing quack. It's supposed to cure that **** but it's a side effect. Had the exact same thing happen. 'Take these for your anger issues' It only got worse till I stopped taking them
To be fair, I've stopped taking these for six months back in 2013. Best time of my life. I got skinny, earned some respect, got a bunch of girls without even trying to seduce them in the first place - I had about the best life a young man like me could ever ask for. But nah, the doctors decided I needed to take that medicine again. At first it was somewhat bearable, but last month I started considering suicide although I was always swearing that I'd never consider the sheer thought of it in my younger years. :/

Anyway, hanging out on SmashBoards has been a blast these past days and it brightened my mood. I used to be mostly active during the pre-Sm4sh launch speculation days, as well as a supporter of Isaac for DLC, and right now I'm becoming a regular of this social thread. THIS SOCIAL THREAD. IT'S WONDERFUL. And so are y'all!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like the Nendroids, but they are so expensive! I understand why, but I wouldn't be able to get one often, so I don't think I'll vote on the poll.

I do really want the red one day though.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Voted in the poll because why not?
Nendoroid.png

:p

I'm more interested in figma than Nendoroids honestly, but I'm too broke to consider either after what amiibo and Disney Infinity did to me. :laugh: But I did consider saving for Lucina, Samus, and the TP Link that they're making. And a Mario from Figuarts to round it off. :p

D

Deleted member

Goddamn, why is it that you end up maining the characters you least expect to?
While I loved both Corrin and Bayonetta, playing as Cloud just feels natural to me, hitting woth him feels satisfying, has a lot of disrespect options and a badass longcoat
I need custom skin mods already
For... reasons

Zynux

Smash Lord
Nintendaan is the issue here, mostly.
I have no problem with Nintendaan...or really anyone else they bring on the discussion table. Not even the bitblock, since he's well behaved there in-comparison to his usual internet salt.

It's mainly the sheer amount of negativity.

Criticism is fine, but it started to reach a point where they stopped addressing the strengths of the game or positive aspects of the remake.

It stopped seeming fair.
Both have made it pretty clear in past discussions that they aren't fans of the game. So negativity is somewhat expected. Since the video isn't a review but instead off the cuff impressions, naturally you'll focus on the aspects of the remaster you were comparing that stand out to you. If you had a problem with the game prior, in the remaster you will likely focus on those aspects you didn't like to see if they had been changed. Remakes and remasters are a good way to revisit a previous title you weren't fond of before but see it in a different perspective and if it can grip you. Some succeeed, others don't.

If they don't feel the remake has many positive aspects of it then of course they aren't going to talk about the positive aspects of it. After all, it's still largely the same game as previous but with some tweaks. Since it's a Zelda title obviously the game overall is still solid but they even said in the end that if you like TP, you will like this, but those who didn't like TP won't be convinced here.

I won't lie, I do get the vibe from the comments section that people just wanted them to parrot their more positive outlook on TP. But that is presumptuous of me. It also could be that I myself am not a fan of TP, so I am indifferent to those who either defend it or lambast it.

With that said, my only criticism of the discussion is that I wished both had played the game for a bit longer. Neither got that far. Nintendaan even admitted in the end that his mind could change from playing further in the game.

I am curious of Andre getting his hands of the game, since it's clear Nintendaan likely won't be persuaded. Andre used to really dislike Wind Waker, but the HD remake changed his mind and he speaks fondly of it. However, there is a chance that the TP HD will not have the same effect, which can explain the negativity.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I mainly don't care for Gamexplain because one of the frequent creators has a very rushed voice.

I forget his name, but he needs to slow down and enunciate his words, because after 20 seconds of mispronounced and rushed words, I'm switching to another news outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom