• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
:4mewtwo:,Gengar/Gardevoir/Mewtwo,:jigglypuffmelee:

I like psychic and ghost a lot. Only Melee Puff counts for the third category.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Here's an interesting thing.

Who is your most favorite Pokemon character in Smash?
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::squirtle::ivysaur::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja:

Who is your favorite in the actual Pokemon games and why?

Who is your favorite to play in Smash and why?
Lucario I guess, uhh Sylveon at this point and Project M!Lucario because his moveset just clicks with me.

...Come to think of it I don't find any of the Pokemon in Smash fun. Not my types.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::squirtle::ivysaur::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja:

1) Pichu. Easily. Although I do find most of them fun to play as(Greninja, Lucario, and Charizard don't work that well for me.)

2) Onix. Not that he's particularly good, but my original username (Hydronix) has relations to it.

3) Pichu tops out mostly because he's silly fun. Pikachu is a close second, but only in 64(my favorite moveet) and 4(which brought back his tail strike from 64, which is his up air). Mewtwo comes in third, but only because he just has some fun moves.

Competitively speaking, Squirtle/Ivysaur/Pichu were who I worked with best. I am aware they are not in 4, but eh. Lucario I can't really work with. Charizard is a bit better. Greninja's fun, but not my cup of tea. Mewtwo is still hard to use in real battles. Pikachu's still great, though. Jigglypuff was made to week in Brawl/4 for me to use effectively, though I still love playing as her.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Favorite in Smash is :025:
Favorite ever is
Slurpuff icon.png
cause initial salt and pretty cool move pool
Favorite to use is :039: cause REST LADS

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I spend a lot less time in games that can't be played in Windowed mode

HEAR THAT FNAF WORLD!

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
TFW Bayonetta is Colossus. what

TFW BJ is Morrigan

TFW Pit is Strider and not Greninja

TFW ROB is Akuma

TFW Kirby is Ryu

TFW Lucina is Chunners

they're pairing some of my faves with characters I hate in Smash (Kirby is awesome outside of it though)
. this is an issue

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Most favourite Pokemon in Smash would probably be Mewtwo. Having Mewtwo back again and strengthened up from Melee is great, and it's fun to play as too, mainly due to being able to make a combo through Confusion and Disabling the foe at high %s. Enough time for a taunt, then the inevitable KO.

Perhaps the all time favourite would be Sableye thanks to my childhood from Pokemon Sapphire... then again, I am a fan of Poison types so I'd say Koffing and Weezing fits. Also helps because my real name is a certain member of Team Rocket who uses these Pokemon.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

1. I guess Charizard since he was my first starter ever (and I got him again in X).
  2. Love at first sight.
  3. I guess Mewtwo since I barely use the Pokemon in Smash and he has the highest play count.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

:4greninja: honestly...I'm more or less indifferent to the others...I love dark types even though Greninja doesn't really utilize his Dark typing at all...also Ninja frog...

:215:I put way too many hours into Pokemon Crystal...but there's a lot of fond memories with that game, and a lot of them involve Sneasel

:4greninja:,:4jigglypuff:, :4pikachu:...I actually enjoy all three...It's always fun playing the Puff, and Pikachu's a pretty dam fun character too...Greninja was a secondary of mine but I don't really use him that much anymore...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Trying out Cookie Clicker because I missed it when it was a fad.

I had to shut off every graphic so my browser would stop crashing from the speed at which cookies were being produced.

Now I just try to up production until eldritch stuff happens, I guess.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Alright, only four people bothered taking my polls, but it's enough. I'll start streaming within two weeks and I'll try to stream 3-4 times a week for a few hours. Once I figure out a schedule I'll post it here as well as put it in my sig. Until then I'll be running more test streams and experimenting with plugins.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
TFW Bayonetta is Colossus. what

TFW BJ is Morrigan

TFW Pit is Strider and not Greninja

TFW ROB is Akuma

TFW Kirby is Ryu

TFW Lucina is Chunners

they're pairing some of my faves with characters I hate in Smash (Kirby is awesome outside of it though)
. this is an issue
Morrigan has a straight playable clone with the only difference being reskinned moves. That's exactly what the Koopalings are. In addition, like Bowser Jr., she uses a tool to make all kinds of various attacks. She even has a giant laser gun in the Marvel VS Capcom games. While Tron is a better fit, this isn't actually that inaccurate.

As for Kirby and Ryu. Kirby copies people. People copy Ryu. Seems like the most hilarious combo to me.

Lucina is manlier than Marth. Chun Li is pretty manly with those thighs. ;)

Greninja's final smash is similar to Spider-Man's Maximum Spider, which is probably why he's there. Strider is pretty anime-like, and let's be honest, so is Pit now.

R.O.B. is the last of his kind and actually extremely powerful. He also has a lot of honor in a way. That's not that off from Akuma. Not the best fit, though.

Bone-Claw Wolverine being Toon Link is still my favorite one. XD

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

1) Easily :4greninja: - It's my second favorite Pokemon of all time, and I'm probably one of the few that loves all of the sounds it makes. Plus, let's not forget about that awesome ninja scarf!

2)
Gallade - I could go into an entire life story how Gallade became my favorite Pokemon, but I'll keep it short and sweet. I learned about a new Kirlia evolution while browsing through Serebii back when Diamond/Pearl was first released in Japan, and it caught my interest since it looked like the male version of Gardevoir, my second favorite Pokemon during the generation 3 days. Eventually, after seeing him in early videos of Pokemon Battle Revolution, trying out Gallade for myself in Pokemon Diamond,and the English release of PBR, and seeing it do wonders in the 10th Pokemon movie, Gallade became my favorite Pokemon since. I loved his design, from the fact he just looks awesome to those sweet arm blades he uses in battle, not to mention he's got a really diverse move pool and gains access to awesome attacks like Psycho Cut, Night Slash, and Leaf Blade. My interest in Gallade only got even higher than when his Mega Evolution came around; for me, his design got even better with those capes and improved arm blades (as well as getting some much needed stat boosts). Currently, my interest in this Pokemon is so strong that I always add one to my story team whichever Pokemon game I play.

3) Once again, :4greninja: - It just fits my style: speedy with decently strong attacks. Greninja's aerial attacks are my favorites in the game: from a twirling kick that could hit opponents or drag them to the ground, to a jutsu that summons water around leading into decent combos, to a forward aerial attack that's just fantastic to use all around. Greninja also has the most satisfying Up Smash in the game. Seriously, the moment you lock with the first sword strike leading to the KOing second strike feels like absolute bliss. The way how Greninja executes feels so victorious compared to other characters Up Smashes. Then there's the Secret Ninja Attack, where the moonlight combined with all of sudden strikes makes for an entertaining Final Smash.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Can I just say that some of my favorite characters are because of salt????

:4wiifit::4corrin:
Slurpuff icon.png

These 3 are my main bringers of salt, and I loved them ever since they were revealed, just because of how salty the internet got when they were shown off. Its glorious.

Slurpuff icon.png

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

1) :4greninja:, followed by :4lucario:.
2) Escavalier or Salamence.
3) :4greninja: easily, I have played with all of the Pokemon and I still use Mewtwo, Lucario and Charizard from time to time, but Greninja's playstyle appeals to me most out of any of them.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
One of these is not like the others.
Well, at least until Fridge Brilliance hits you.

The Smash and Pokémon fandoms are pretty much equally whiny about what they don't like, to the point where you may as well count them as the same fandom. Just replace "anime swordsman" with "inanimate object."

"Food?! It looks like FOOD?! How DARE they add anything to our game that isn't a quadrupedal, cool-looking animal!!!"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Corrin being the only one to bring Salt?
WFT just left people confused.
Slurpuff is just a little dumb thing.
Just confused?

There were people drawing up petitions for WFT to be removed from the game during the weeks after her reveal.

People have just focused their attention to bias instead.

There's even been a small revival of WFT haters on GameFAQs lately.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just confused?

There were people drawing up petitions for WFT to be removed from the game during the weeks after her reveal.

People have just focused their attention to bias instead.

There's even been a small revival of WFT haters on GameFAQs lately.
I legitimately didn't see it, then.
WFT's responses from what I saw was people basically people throwing their hands in the air.
"WE GOT THE SAKURAI SPECIAL.
:4villager: A PRETTY BIG NINTENDO DUDER
:4megaman:OUR HOPES AND DREAMS
:4wiifit: AND WHATEVER HE WANTED"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"WE GOT THE SAKURAI SPECIAL.

:4wiifit: AND WHATEVER HE WANTED"
Considering this is one of the main things people rant on about concerning Corrin, I think this is a pretty big tipoff that some people did NOT take it well.

And remember, during prerelease Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B. came up at least decently often during cut discussions.

Even at the first three characters announced people were riled up at the possibility of Wii Fit Trainer taking K. Rool/whoever's "slot."

D

Deleted member

Day 6 : A hidden gem

A bit short, but good Lord this Golf-RPG was addicting and fun. More of that Camelot !

Day 7 : Favorite home console

No comment.

Chrono.

Well, at least until Fridge Brilliance hits you.

The Smash and Pokémon fandoms are pretty much equally whiny about what they don't like, to the point where you may as well count them as the same fandom. Just replace "anime swordsman" with "inanimate object."

"Food?! It looks like FOOD?! How DARE they add anything to our game that isn't a quadrupedal, cool-looking animal!!!"
Corrin being the only one to bring Salt?
WFT just left people confused.
Slurpuff is just a little dumb thing.
Well I was just talking about how one of the characters wasn't playable in Smash... :drsad:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Day 7 : Favorite home console

No comment.
GameCube is the best.

Zelda: The Wind Waker
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime 1 and 2
Pikmin 1 and 2
Luigi's Mansion
Wario World
Mario Kart Double Dash
Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door
Resident Evil REmake
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 4
Tales of Symphonia
Super Monkey Ball
Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1 & 2
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Soulcalibur 2 + Link
Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Metal Gear Solid 2: The Twin Snakes
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon XD: Gales of Darkness
F-Zero GX

...And of course, Super Smash Bros. Melee.
+ Many more.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Eyyy new Pokemon official art.

By Hitoshi Ariga.

You may know him as the Rockman Megamix guy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Mewtwo. I just love him as a character and never want him cut again.

Klefki or Ursaring. One is a fantastic annoyer with a grear origin and name pun. The other is a force to be reckoned with that many people online are evidently not prepared to face.

Mewtwo or Greninja. Both are really fun.

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei .

TFW Lucina is Chunners
It makes sense, too, because Laura Bailey. :p

Eyyy new Pokemon official art.

By Hitoshi Ariga.

You may know him as the Rockman Megamix guy.
Wasn't expecting Midriff!Red. :p And FAT PIKACHU IS BACK AGAIN.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Mewtwo. I just love him as a character and never want him cut again.

Klefki or Ursaring. One is a fantastic annoyer with a grear origin and name pun. The other is a force to be reckoned with that many people online are evidently not prepared to face.

Mewtwo or Greninja. Both are really fun.

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei .

It makes sense, too, because Laura Bailey. :p

Wasn't expecting Midriff!Red. :p And FAT PIKACHU IS BACK AGAIN.
Oh wow, I completely forgot Mewtwo was an opion.

Mewtwo and Greninja are fun.

I "seconded" Mewtwo in melee, partially as a joke. But I did "pretty well" with him

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Favourite trailers:
:rosalina::4megaman::4wiifit::4bowserjr::4sonic::4palutena::4cloud:

Favourite Pokemon in Smash:
:4mewtwo::4charizard:

Favourite to play as in Smash:
:4mewtwo::4greninja:

Favourite in actual Pokemon:
:004::150::105:

PsychoIncarnate