• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This is where I would post my Villager in a Bowser Suit snapshot I got from Miiverse
IF I WAS ALLOWED TO LOOK AT MY MIIVERSE PAGE FROM MY LAPTOP

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Yeah I'm just emulating this. No reason to go through this much hassle to get it working tbh.

Also oh my god that Tifa gif is priceless.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hey at least the rest of it wasnt ****ty unlike a lot of other older games :p

>has only experienced VII and some of 1+2
4-6 are glorious.
1 is gloriously broken. Two of the stats literally don't do anything.
I've never played 2.
3 is basically a remake of FF1 with more story and a lesser version of FF5/Bravely Default's job system.
8 requires you to not play it like any other game of the series if you wanna have the easiest time.
9 is the last great title.
X has issues but tries to be good.
XII made me quit the main series.
XIII is.... what it is.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Looking at that "Sexism in smash bros" thread reminded me why I don't venture into the debate hall very often, haha. I just don't think that subforum's my cup of tea.

In other news, Splatoon is still fun. I think I like Tower Control the best, followed by Turf War/Rainmaker. I'm not really big on Splat Zones, if only because I'm pretty bad at it so the results can seem random at times. I feel like a bit of a noob still using the Splattershot Jr. most of the time, but I've gotten used to its sub weapon and special, so I don't really want to change things up. Maybe I'm just lazy...

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I know this is a bit random to say now, but looking back, Wolf's cut and failure to return should've been more obvious than it ended up being.

I mean, I know I've been among those who felt he wasn't coming back (in fact, I'm pretty sure I was the first person here who pointed out how the New Content Approaching stream made it feel like they were closing the door on veterans), but just looking back at him in Brawl...

He was low priority to the point where he was added to the roster last minute, and the way he ended up being a sort of Frankenstein's monster of a semi-clone, borrowing standard A moves from a multitude of other characters. Characters' priority obviously changed between Brawl and SSB4 (evident by the cuts that were made), but I think Wolf was as low on the totem pole for SSB4 as he was for Brawl. Unlike with Brawl, there was no lucky break for him to sneak into SSB4.

I would've rather had him back than Lucas or one of the Fire Emblem DLC characters, but I'm less surprised than ever that things went the way they did. People put too much stock into Star Fox Zero promotion, and not enough thought into Wolf as a fighter in the Smash Bros series.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I know this is a bit random to say now, but looking back, Wolf's cut and failure to return should've been more obvious than it ended up being.

I mean, I know I've been among those who felt he wasn't coming back (in fact, I'm pretty sure I was the first person here who pointed out how the New Content Approaching stream made it feel like they were closing the door on veterans), but just looking back at him in Brawl...

He was low priority to the point where he was added to the roster last minute, and the way he ended up being a sort of Frankenstein's monster of a semi-clone, borrowing standard A moves from a multitude of other characters. Characters' priority obviously changed between Brawl and SSB4 (evident by the cuts that were made), but I think Wolf was as low on the totem pole for SSB4 as he was for Brawl. Unlike with Brawl, there was no lucky break for him to sneak into SSB4.

I would've rather had him back than Lucas or one of the Fire Emblem DLC characters, but I'm less surprised than ever that things went the way they did. People put too much stock into Star Fox Zero promotion, and not enough thought into Wolf as a fighter in the Smash Bros series.
I always look back at people who still try to point out of how Falco should be cut in favor for Wolf should remember this

Falco has seniority in his series and in Smash over Wolf and is much more popular than Wolf ever was. He wasn't low priority like people believe and isn't meshed together from other fighters to seem unique.

He was as rushed as :sonic: but with none of the originality.

I wanted him back as the last possible veteran but he was always expendable and will stay that way.

The wolf cries at night but no one hears him

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

What have I done?

That bunny's eyes will stare into my soul.

The Badge Bunny dances to show how much he loves your tears. He not only trumpped Daisy, but also another Nintendo rabbit that's more deserving than him (Nabbit). The pink pleb better be lucky Nintendo loves the idea of promoting his money grubbing app.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I just thought up of Guile's Neutral Special (It's not Sonic Boom). It's called Steadied Position, this special makes you face only on one direction depending on what direction you face when useing it. I makes you back walk speed lower than normal and is used to make Charge attacks easier, and makes you play more like Street Fighter. It will also unables Freefall. His Side special is Sonic Boom, Up B Flash Kick, and Down B I don't know.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I legit want Sales Bunny as the "WTF" character in the next Smash game. Badges = unlimited crossover moveset potential, with the arcade cabinet claw also offering a lot.

His stage could even offer the new codec conversations/Palutena's guidances.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
You guys wanna play a game?

People are using this board for "Fandom Bingo". Basically you list the things you like (such as Smash Bros) in each square individually in no specific order. If someone likes the same thing you like, they cross it out, and if they get a full row (up down left to right diagonal you know what i mean) then they get bingo!

It could be fun.
CW0CCQsWcAA5UIA.jpg
It's badly put together but i did it.So its the thought that counts

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The Sky Pop costume in Super Mario Maker feels like a bigger kick in the nads to Daisy fans than any of the other costumes.

The developers chose to make a Super Mario Land-based costume, and chose Mario-in-a-plane over Daisy.

Since we're comparing Daisy to Wolf, it would be the equivalent of Smash getting, like, Adventures Fox with the staff as DLC over Wolf.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guys, that last page or so was terrible. Never do that again or you'll risk severe infractions. You guys know who I'm talking about. If you have to question if it applies to you, it probably doesn't. :p

I legit want Sales Bunny as the "WTF" character in the next Smash game. Badges = unlimited crossover moveset potential, with the arcade cabinet claw also offering a lot.

His stage could even offer the new codec conversations/Palutena's guidances.
I legitimately think Arcade Bunny could be the Wii Fit Trainer of the next Smash in a way. I say in a way because it's hard for anyone to be the Wii Fit Trainer anymore, since her inclusion basically blindsided everyone, but more so in the way that he'd be an unconventional fighter from a popular and lucrative game/app with an unorthodox but unique fighting style. I could see him using different Claw type attacks for his specials (a bomb move for his Down Special, a hammer shot for a Side Special, and a crane claw Up Special, for example, with his Neutral Special being a helper AI called out via a badge summon) while all of his regular attacks are quick summons using other badges. A summoner character, basically.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Wii Fit Trainer's reveal was my favorite of them all based on people's reaction.

All the other characters were just hype, rage, or indifference.

Wii Fit Trainer was a hurricane of different emotions.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I legitimately think Arcade Bunny could be the Wii Fit Trainer of the next Smash in a way. I say in a way because it's hard for anyone to be the Wii Fit Trainer anymore, since her inclusion basically blindsided everyone, but more so in the way that he'd be an unconventional fighter from a popular and lucrative game/app with an unorthodox but unique fighting style. I could see him using different Claw type attacks for his specials (a bomb move for his Down Special, a hammer shot for a Side Special, and a crane claw Up Special, for example, with his Neutral Special being a helper AI called out via a badge summon) while all of his regular attacks are quick summons using other badges. A summoner character, basically.
Nobody is gonna be like Wii Fit Trainer because she blindsided EVERYONE

Badge Bunny won't even be a surprise by this point because people will expect it. Wii Fit Trainer will be never topped due to how the sole fact she's a character that:

1. No one expected Sakurai to choose
  2. No one wanted at all
  3. A character from a game hardcore Nintendo fans detest
  4. Whose moveset fits Smash so perfectly that it'll be impossible to keep a character like her out.
  5. It's a situation that no one predicted and will never happen again

As of now, people will start trying to find other characters that'll fit (heh) that regard as a surprise choice but really no one can fit that spot at all because well predict and speculate every outlandish character from the e-shop Bag, Marry-O, Monita to the Reckless Safety Guy, Stanley from Donkey Kong 3 and the spaceship from the first Nintendo game Miyamoto worked on that he hated

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Badge Bunny won't even be a surprise by this point because people will expect it. Wii Fit Trainer will be never topped due to how the sole fact she's a character that:

2. No one wanted at all
  4. Whose moveset fits Smash so perfectly that it'll be impossible to keep a character like her out.

As of now, people will start trying to find other characters that'll fit (heh) that regard as a surprise choice but really no one can fit that spot at all because well predict and speculate every outlandish character from the e-shop Bag, Marry-O, Monita to the Reckless Safety Guy, Stanley from Donkey Kong 3 and the spaceship from the first Nintendo game Miyamoto worked on that he hated
Did you miss the part where I blatantly clarified what I meant by "the next game's Wii Fit Trainer" so that these types of posts wouldn't be necessary? :p

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

2. No one wanted at all

gonna be honest....I'd main E-shop bag

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Did you miss the part where I blatantly clarified what I meant by "the next game's Wii Fit Trainer" so that these types of posts wouldn't be necessary? :p
Well me fix that for you:

"Next game's Duck Hunt/Ice Climbers without the retro feel"

So my post was necessary. WFT shouldn't ever be compared

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well me fix that for you:

"Next game's Duck Hunt/Ice Climbers without the retro feel"

So my post was necessary. WFT shouldn't ever be compared
There's more than one way to be "like the Wii Fit Trainer," unlike with Duck Hunt and the Ice Climbers in your suggested rewording (because they're purposely added due to their retro status), so no, that's not a better comparison. I gave what I meant by my comparison, while you're splitting hairs for no reason. To say that she "shouldn't even be compared" just comes off as kind of pretentious. :/

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Never underestimate Sakurai's ability to continue to surprise.

You'd think people would know that by now.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There's more than one way to be "like the Wii Fit Trainer," unlike with Duck Hunt and the Ice Climbers in your suggested rewording (because they're purposely added due to their retro status), so no, that's not a better comparison. I gave what I meant by my comparison, while you're splitting hairs for no reason. To say that she "shouldn't even be compared" just comes off as kind of pretentious. :/
It does...But it's because the 'surprise character' thing just seems really forced now.

Just say the term "crazy choice" IMO.

It's just that Badge Bunny won't bring the levels of shock, salt and hilarity WFT brought.

Just a small pet peeve for now

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Can I just say that the salt is the reason why I chose to main Wii Fit Trainer. This is relevant:
Also why Im taking up Corrin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom