• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
50 minutes till the presentation begins!

The anticipation is killing me.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario wehere there were 4 more DLC characters and they were all newcomer characters who are all about as unique as Robin and Little Mac are but they were: Henry Fleming; Corrin; Azura and Elma?
I am completely apathetic toward Elma, and would actually be mad about Corrin and Azura (a swordsman and a lancer as two separate characters when Chrom can do both as one character? I'd be convinced Sakurai hates me personally :p).

But Henry Fleming.

Oh, Henry ****ing Fleming.

I'd be absolutely hyped beyond belief and take an I-told-you-so-esque victory lap. Increase Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.'s awareness and possibly sales? Awesome. Get one of my top two currently most wanted characters in Smash? Awesome. He'd be an automatic secondary.

Chrono.

Too many chats on my end lmao

I got
  • The IRC client
  • The Twitch Chat
  • My own Skype group
  • Twitter feed shenanigans

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
This may be my last day, we'll have to see. I don't really see myself coming on here for anything but leaks. But it was fun :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Posting this from somewhere else, the wait is just starting to kick in for me.

Expectations
-Cloud to be released after the direct (basically confirmed already due to data-mining done on the maintenance update, his files are there). We also know Sakurai is detailing his moveset, like with Ryu and many of the newcomers in the first Smash Direct.
-Wolf, Inklings, Banjo-Kazooie, Shovel Knight, and Professor Layton (somewhat) and Rayman (somewhat) are among the characters I have the most reason to believe would make it in
-More Melee/64 stages
-New stages to go with each new character (except maybe Wolf but they could give him a Star Fox: Zero level)
-New Amiibos to be shown of characters up to Cloud. Possibly announcing more Amiibos based on alt characters like the Koopalings and Alph.
-Some sort of Iwata reference if not a flat out tribute/memorial segment (he was close friends with Sakurai and has played a pivotal role in each Smash game's conception and development, so he's important to Sakurai and the series specifically)
-Some sort of "look how far we've come" segment

Fairly Reasonable Hopes
-I voted for Captain Toad, Rayman, Professor Layton, and Sora. I'm hoping for at least one of these characters to make it in.
-A new mode, specifically something single-player/co-op related. A Boss Rush mode seems reasonable to me, since they have enough boss characters in the game to work with, and they wouldn't have to create new assets really, just re-program the bosses a little to have more varied and challenging attack patterns. They can even re-use the All-Star rest area like Brawl did.
-Fixing Tournament Mode, it needs some work done on it
-New Stage Builder tools/parts
-Custom moves for the DLC characters, both ones already out and future ones

Pipe Dreams
-Melee-esque Adventure Mode except actually entirely good and mostly comprised of actual platforming levels with boss characters being used at the end of stages
-All remaining stages from Smash 64 ported into both versions
-Amiibos now work online as well as some kind of new functionality
-A "custom move pack", gives you one more custom special in each category for each character
-Every co-op mode given online play, as well as Smash Run and Smash Tour
-A non-video game character makes it into the game (anyone will do, just for the reactions and salt from the obsessive speculators and sheer hilarity of the idea, though I actually legitimately think Mickey Mouse would fit into Smash Bros, but that's just me)
-"REYN MAKES A RAINBOW!"

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Hm, it'll be about 33 minutes long? Interesting...

Chrono.

The Japanese Smash Direct is going to be 33 minutes long

Longer than the last one

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uggghhhhh, another reason for me to hate my school, as if I didn't have enough reasons already with how much personnal drama they've caused between my family.

This is going to be a long 30 minutes...

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Gonna be filling both of these out.

I'll post the completed versions after the broadcast while I'm busy trying to get through the eShop traffic.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
30 minutes till the presentation.

It was April 2nd of this year when I made my one and only vote in the ballot. The character I picked was Wolf and the reasoning was merely "he was playable in Brawl and I'd like to see him playable in the new game".

Let's see if this sole wish will be realized. Regardless, I'm sure this presentation will offer plenty of great content that will add even more to the game. It's the end of an era, but I'm sure I'll be playing this game for quite a while from now on.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The Japanese Smash Direct is going to be 33 minutes long

Longer than the last one
33 Minutes? Yeah what was datamined was certainly not everything then. I can't really see Sakurai talking solely about Cloud, Midgar and the Geno Mii costume for 33 long minutes.....

Anyway, the Direct will start soon. Can't wait. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom