• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Come on, Burb. As one of our top leak busters that type of reasoning is a no-no. You're essentially comparing someone elses reaction with your own. Someone expressing them selves a little more vibrantly than you doesnt mean they're faking just as someone being more lax and calm doesnt mean they aren't internally excited.

Take me and/or my friends for example. I'm a laugher so when I realized it was cloud I was laughing and smiling through the rest of it; and to this day (a week later) just the thought literally brings a smile to my face and makes me chuckle. And one of my friends is a straight up weeb with poor health, bad eating habits, and a tendency to physically acting out what he likes (he has a habit of doing ninja hand signs as well). As a result him getting excited usually ends up with him out of breath, barely able to make coherent sentences. His sister is in better health, but is a super fangirl so stiffled squeals and foot stomping ensued. And I have another friend who just nods his head in approval and occasionally lets out a wheeze-like chuckle. There's a myriad of other real reactions that people have: the lifting up of hands, dancing, whooping, clapping, fist pumps, dilating eyes, opened mouth, etc. The list just goes on.

People just act different, dude. Even more so when they're super excited or strange things happen. I mean I'm a pretty solemn guy (visually) so when my mother saw me actually smiling she asked me if I was alright...

Now, do I think some people are overdoing it and hamming it up? Abso****inglutely. Being "crazy" is a lucrative entertainment business. But to imply that everyone who gets more excited than you is acting seems to ignore how diverse human reactions can be.

EDIT:

Also that gif wasnt completely in context. He was shifting in his seat, not going crazy.
Yeah, my reaction was pretty damn close to Max's honestly, and I don't even care for FF while FF7 is his favorite game of all time.

Now ETIKA'S reaction however, yeah.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Yeah, my reaction was pretty damn close to Max's honestly, and I don't even care for FF while FF7 is his favorite game of all time.

Yeah, Etika (while I have no hate for the dude) is Christmas and Thanksgiving levels of ham. He give everyone the itis lol.

EDIT:
Hypest reveal for me was probably Captain Falcon lol.

Nah srs though Rosalina was pretty cool.

Bowser Jr. would've been the best trailer if it hadn't already been spoiled.
My favorite was Little Mac.
Punch Out was my childhood and is one of my favorite franchises. I played that game so much as a kid that my mother, who is not a gamer, recognizes the song. She doesnt know where it's from but she knows the song to an extent.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Come on, Burb. As one of our top leak busters that type of reasoning is a no-no. You're essentially comparing someone elses reaction with your own. Someone expressing them selves a little more vibrantly than you doesnt mean they're faking just as someone being more lax and calm doesnt mean they aren't internally excited.

Take me and/or my friends for example. I'm a laugher so when I realized it was cloud I was laughing and smiling through the rest of it; and to this day (a week later) just the thought literally brings a smile to my face and makes me chuckle. And one of my friends is a straight up weeb with poor health, bad eating habits, and a tendency to physically acting out what he likes (he has a habit of doing ninja hand signs as well). As a result him getting excited usually ends up with him out of breath, barely able to make coherent sentences. His sister is in better health, but is a super fangirl so stiffled squeals and foot stomping ensued. And I have another friend who just nods his head in approval and occasionally lets out a wheeze-like chuckle. There's a myriad of other real reactions that people have: the lifting up of hands, dancing, whooping, clapping, fist pumps, dilating eyes, opened mouth, etc. The list just goes on.

People just act different, dude. Even more so when they're super excited or strange things happen. I mean I'm a pretty solemn guy (visually) so when my mother saw me actually smiling she asked me if I was alright...

Now, do I think some people are overdoing it and hamming it up? Abso****inglutely. Being "crazy" is a lucrative entertainment business. But to imply that everyone who gets more excited than you is acting seems to ignore how diverse human reactions can be.

EDIT:

Also that gif wasnt completely in context. He was shifting in his seat, not going crazy.
I think Burb Burb should film himself reacting to different videos on the internet.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I screamed my lungs out when Mewtwo was revealed.

As well as when Mega Man was revealed. And Pac-Man. And so on and so forth.

If I get excited for something? Of course I'm going to express it.

Although I wouldn't destroy my room.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, Max's reactions are actually pretty honest. He's not always hype mode, usually he has some criticisms too, actually. And he can offer some good analysis and opinions too, I'd say.

But yeah, ETIKA'S reactions.... Well, the usual reaction/hype culture on youtube and such, really....

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Yeah, Max's reactions are actually pretty honest. He's not always hype mode, usually he has some criticisms too, actually. And he can offer some good analysis and opinions too, I'd say.

But yeah, ETIKA'S reactions.... Well, the usual reaction/hype culture on youtube and such, really....
The closest I've ever come to Etika levels of reacting was when Shenmue III was announced. I didnt jump around or destroy my room, but I was laughing hysterically and trying not to cry from joy......I succeeded but just barely. But if I had let tears fall that day, they'd be the manliest tears of all time. They'd have full-grown beards, tattoos that said "thug life", and punch each other on the way down my cheeks...all while drinking vodka and singing pirate jiggs.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I clapped when Mewtwo was revealed.

Let me repeat that. I CLAPPED TO AN INTERNET VIDEO!

Yeah people do weird **** sometimes.

But Etika, "Mr. I have paper just so I can rip it in excitement conveniently next to my desk" is clearly done for entertainment.

Max's reaction was completely real though. I've watched his others reactions and have for years. This is the first time he got emotional over something because as other said, Final Fantasy 7 is what got him into gaming. It molded him into what he is today.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The source is a Daisy fan Twitter account??

Excuse my language, but why the **** would you treat that like a reliable source?

Soul.

The hypest thing was when they leaked the entire base game's roster last year.

I wasn't overly excited about it though, just glad the character stuff was over with for the meantime.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't overly excited about it though, just glad the character stuff was over with for the meantime.
Oooooooohhhh, trust me, the speculation definitely didn't end there.....

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think Burb Burb should film himself reacting to different videos on the internet.
I'd actually like to see it.
Even thoughhe looks like wolf I always imagine his reactions being stern like grumpy cat.
And I mean that in the most endearing way possible.
That's a pretty close assumption, honestly.

I reckon I'd be less grumpy, though, and more emotionless. Like, the exact opposite of an Etika video.

Basically, it would be exactly like this:

It never truly ended.

Almost immediately after the full roster was confirmed, crap like the Wii U Transfer theory and Tower of Smash popped up. By the time all that died, the Mewtwo DLC had already been announced and a whole new can of worms was opened.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Excuse my language, but why the **** would you treat that like a reliable source?
To be fair, we got into a discussion when a Layton fan account found Laytons VA in that one website...

And yes, I remember that the VA commented on the subject, thus sparking more debate.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll say it again since it was late at night last time.

Anyone got Steam? I'll add ya.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Speaking of reactions would you guys be down for a pre/post party on Google Hangouts when the Smash broadcast occurs?
To be fair, we got into a discussion when a Layton fan account found Laytons VA in that one website...

And yes, I remember that the VA commented on the subject, thus sparking more debate.
That's true. Though if it wasn't for the VA comment, I personally wouldn't have paid any attention to it.

Soul.

Oooooooohhhh, trust me, the speculation definitely didn't end there.....
It did seem like it to me, especially after they unlocked all the characters on streams with the message saying "you unlocked all characters!" or something. I feel like people started to lose hope back then lol.

It would be over if we didn't get DLC. Granted, I've found speculation to be annoying for a while now which would probably make me want the December broadcast be the end.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Speaking of reactions would you guys be down for a pre/post party on Google Hangouts when the Smash broadcast occurs?

That's true. Though if it wasn't for the VA comment, I personally wouldn't have paid any attention to it.
I've never done good hangouts, to my remembrance. Is it like a sexy slumber party?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Well, it is listed under rumours, to be somewhat fair to them, but really, I swear I have actually seen those sprites before

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Well what exactly asking when you say a pre/post party on google hang out, you asking for all of us to be their and talk, or do you mean something else?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dont have one. Just a question mark of mystery.

EDIT: but what's your steam name?
I could do a search on myy end as well.
I sent one to you. It was in ALL CAPS right?

Steam name is still the same. Swampasaur.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
etika seems to be acting on his reaction videos. the only time i feel he would be genuine is if ridley get revealed as a playable character.

D

Deleted member

It did seem like it to me, especially after they unlocked all the characters on streams with the message saying "you unlocked all characters!" or something. I feel like people started to lose hope back then lol.

It would be over if we didn't get DLC. Granted, I've found speculation to be annoying for a while now which would probably make me want the December broadcast be the end.
Oh, I thought you meant before people were got ahold of the game. Because until then, people definitely speculating on characters still.
I'll say it again since it was late at night last time.

Anyone got Steam? I'll add ya.
Megalon72 is my steam if anyone wants to add me for whatever reason.

Prince DZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RAS310
As much as I would love for the SMM Daisy leak to be true, it was very likely just a Photoshop job from the fan to mess with all the "lol daisy can't get in mario maker she sux" people.

Look at the Japanese text on Daisy's square. It's larger and less spaced apart than everyone else's.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Living up to your Salt Lord title eh?
:p

But yeah, this is hilarious when you think about it. Definitely fake. Also it's listed as cut content in the rumor. This would mean they literally truly did not think she deserved the spot and purposely got rid of her. Which is so bad and fke, that it's funny!
And a pre December direct hosting party sounds like a cool idea! I'm in!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd like to just point out my signature for a second. Super Mario Maker costume sprites aren't the hardest things to fake. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom