• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I've decided to go through which franchises I believe have a shot of getting a new DLC character, franchises that already have one such as Pokemon I've disregarded, and third-party franchises have also been disregarded, so without further ado, let's begin.

Mario-Possible
DK-Very Likely
Warioware-Very Unlikely
Yoshi-Very Unlikely
Zelda-Unlikely
Metriod-Very Unlikely (Sorry LIQUID12A LIQUID12A )
Kirby-Very Likely
Star Fox-Very Likely
F-Zero-Very Unlikely
Game & Watch-Impossible
Kid Icarus-Very Unlikely (Sorry A Distant Demon A Distant Demon )
Pikmin-Very Unlikely
Animal Crossing-Almost Impossible
Gyromite-Almost Impossible
Wii Fit-Impossible
Xenoblade-Possible
Duck Hunt-Impossible
SEGA Character-Possible
Namco-Bandai Character-Possible

And that's my list.
Here's the list for reference. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Xenoblade is still niche as hell.

It's a miracle we got Shulk at all and while cross promotion DLC /is/ possible, I don't see it being anything beyond Mii Costumes.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

It's a miracle we got Shulk at all and while cross promotion DLC /is/ possible, I don't see it being anything beyond Mii Costumes.
Shulk was literally almost as requested (If not more requested) as Ridley.

Chrono.

No, he wasn't.

In fact a large number of people didn't even know who he was at his reveal.

He was kinda popular but at large he got either past people's radar or was disregarded because of his niche status.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Only because of a leak. Same goes for the Chorus Kids.

"What's a Shulk?"

You can't compare a niche character to one of Smash's most requested characters, period.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Uh...No. Granted, he had immense popularity in Japan, most people know Ridley. When Shulk was in the Gematsu leak everyone went 'who?'
Okay true, not many people knew him, but it wasn't because of his "niche status" but more because of how hard the game was to find.

Ridley was a member of the "Big 3" (well once Mega man moved over)

It may not look like it anymore but the Ridley fanbase was huge. And they made sure you knew about it :p

Shulk on the other hand was probably still up there (at least for hardcore fans) but not Ridley levels.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm sorry Edgelord rdg, I will try to not screw up again, cause time zones totally doesn't have anything to do with this, y'know what I'm saying? :smirk: :rolleyes:
Gotta play catchup friend. Can't be going in raw with those slow moves and get set up into being blown up into a massive combo

.....fighting game references

True but its popularity is getting a giant spike so it isn't as niche as we thought before.

It was pretty much on the level as of Mother and F-Zero but now on that level of Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem which is a step below the big dogs

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Okay true, not many people knew him, but it wasn't because of his "niche status" but more because of how hard the game was to find.
Which makes a game extremely "niche" because not a lot of people played it and therefore not a lot of people knew he existed. I never knew about him until coming to this forum and I know a lot of people that still barely know who he is.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't think another AC rep is almost impossible. AC is huge in Japan.

And I think Zelda should be 'possible', seeing as it failed to get a newcomer this time round.
I put AC as impossible because of how every eligible character from that franchise appears in some way or form as either a stage element, an assist trophy, or Villager's Final Smash.

As for Zelda, point taken.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I put AC as impossible because of how every eligible character from that franchise appears in some way or form as either a stage element, an assist trophy, or Villager's Final Smash.

As for Zelda, point taken.
:4tlink: called. He said Alfonzo would fill in for him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
X music is a MUST, though, especially Uncontrollable.
This is the reason why I want a Xenoblade X stage in Smash. Sawano's music in Smash would be really great.

And I see we have a new thread. Seems that I didn't miss anything great... Meanwhile, I finished watching Arslan Senki, which I can say it's one of the best anime series I've watched.

Oh, and in regards to Roy and Fire Emblem characters in Smash, the current line-up of playable characters has all of the first protagonists for each continuity, except Jugdral and The Sacred Stones (and Fates, but that was released after Smash 3DS/Wii U). Marth is the first protagonist of the Akaneia games, Roy is that for the Elibe games, Ike is the main hero of the Tellius games and finally two of the three Awakening protagonists, Robin and Lucina.

In regards to the current subject...

Regardless of Shulk's niche status, he's still a great addition for many reasons. (The main one being that it convinced me to get Xenoblade on my New 3DS. :smirk: Not being too serious, if it's not too obvious. Anyway, and speaking of Xenoblade, I have yet to finish that game, but it drains way too much my free time, something I don't have a lot nowadays.)

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!
I have 3 questions to ask to those getting the Yo-Kai Watch:
1. Will you play as Nate (boy) or Katie (girl)?
2. What Yo-kai do you desire on befriending?
3. Are you excited for the battles or the exploration?
1. Katie (obviously).
2. Buhu, Guerorin and Komajiro.
3. Both. The battles in the demo were really fun, and after seeing how huge Springdale really is, I want to explore every inch of it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just make Tom Nook the second AC Rep. Change his outfit from what he wears in the final smash and bam, fan favorite character added.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In all seriousness, if we assume that Assist Trophy = DLC Death Sentence (friendly reminder that this was never confirmed, but instead assumed by fans, but for the sake of argument let's assume it), the reason I don't see an Animal Crossing character happening as DLC is because I firmly believe Isabelle would be next in line before anyone else.

Like, go for broke if you're going at all, you know?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So after going through the trainer box, I realized I opened 3 axew, 2 fracture, and 1 holo haxorus. Urge to build a dragon deck is rising...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah dang, yeah NOW adays Isabelle would be the next rep

RIP Tom Nook

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The ship is also shaped like a baby's bottle and is literally called the bottle ship

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Busting kneecaps or gtfo
I would laugh so much if he had a cutscene final smash in which all players caught by it are in a house holding a single piece of paper, it reads Mortgage not payed! Timmy and Tommy walk in and lock the door, Nook comes out and is holding a home run bat. He walks up, lightly hits players in the knees, then he charges up the bat as they fall to the floor, and all opponents go flying and are insta killed.

Probably wouldn't happen but if it did it be hilarious.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Alright this is the definition of a Smash news drought.

At least with Brawl we could leave when the game came out.

Now we're twiddling our thumbs with each other arguing about the relevance of characters to their respective series'.

All while waiting for a leak of an announcement of an announcement. That of which may or may not happen.

As such, is the way of Smashboards.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I shared this with the Henry Fleming support group, but I feel sharing it here would be good too. :p

Henry Fleming Sprite 2.png

Long story short, I got bored and made him a Mario Maker sprite since that's the limit for my creative ability. :laugh:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tom Nook and Isabelle both have their own important merits that can get them both in in the next Smash.
This is my thoughts, I wouldn't be surprised if Isabelle came first, but I come easily see Nook Show up first.
Sakurai could also be like screw it let's add both! I would be perfectly ok with this decision.

D

Deleted member

Alright this is the definition of a Smash news drought.

At least with Brawl we could leave when the game came out.

Now we're twiddling our thumbs with each other arguing about the relevance of characters to their respective series'.

All while waiting for a leak of an announcement of an announcement. That of which may or may not happen.

As such, is the way of Smashboards.
We got.
DLC.
Last.
Month.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
During Smash 4 speculation Tom Nook was one of my top wanted

But it's all about Isabelle these days and I'm not a fan

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm okay with Isabelle staying AT, it just... feels more natural for her role personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom