• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Super Mario 64 is now 20 years old.

ENJOY FEELING LIKE A GRAMPA EVERYONE

HAPPY 2016 EVERYONE

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, we can't forget Pilotwings 64 and the rather obscure Saikyō Habu Shōgi.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's officially 2016 in the Central Time Zone!

Happy New Year everyone! 2016 is going to be a really exciting year, especially for gaming!

For me, I'm excited to begin celebrating Pokemon's 20th anniversary! Let's not forgot this is the year we are getting Pokemon Go, Pokken Tournament for the WiiU, and most important of all, Pokemon Z, or whatever the next main series Pokemon games are going to be!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sonic 06 turns 10 this year.

And thing is.....It still isn't the worst the worst 3D Sonic game ever.

That title was taken either the year before Sonic 06 came out or that game that came out 2 years ago

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

That title was taken either the year before Sonic 06 came out or that game that came out 2 years ago
Ehhh.I agree that lost world is the worst main sonic game since 06.But it not a bad game.A borning game(the first sonic game i actually returned and i still own 06 and shadow the hedgehog) but not a bad a game.Shadow the hedgehog is worst than 06 in my opinion because it toke the heroes speed gameplay.And somehow made it worst

Chrono.

Probably.

Sonic 06 was just the most hyped Sonic game, so the fact that it ended up so terrible made it stand out even more.

I don't think Shadow had too much hype behind (plus you can sorta consider it a spin off kinda) and everyone thought Boom would fail (they were right). Lost World was just extremely mediocre.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ehhh.I agree that lost world is the worst main sonic game since 06.But it not a bad game.A borning game(the first sonic game i actually returned and i still own 06 and shadow the hedgehog) but not a bad a game.Shadow the hedgehog is worst than 06 in my opinion because it toke the heroes speed gameplay.And somehow made it worst
I meant Boom. Not Lost World

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Probably.

Sonic 06 was just the most hyped Sonic game, so the fact that it ended up so terrible made it stand out even more.

I don't think Shadow had too much hype behind (plus you can sorta consider it a spin off kinda) and everyone thought Boom would fail (they were right). Lost World was just extremely mediocre.
I would have loved it if the controls weren't awkward

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm late by a couple hours, but still. Happy New Year! And Xenoblade X has me trapped!

Now go and enjoy this year's first sleep.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Speaking of Sonic, I ran into this.
Must have been playing another game, because I know for a FACT Sonic Generations is a good game. SA and SA2 I can at least understand, but Generations, albit short, was actually a fun game to play through, both modern and classic.

Even when I dislike the Sonic fanbase, I can at least still like the good Sonic games (I'll even defend most of SA and SA2 even). I just don't understand where the whole "Sonic has always been bad" mentality came from. I completely understand the mid 2000's, but recently Sonic had been picking up in quality (Only for Boom's horrid development cycle to ruin that reputation). You also still have to acknowledge the classic trilogy as good games in their own right as well.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Happy new year

West coast pride

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
My New Years Resolution: Work out more. Eat a bit healthier, and do more translations.

My goal is to grow Source Gaming by 150%. I already some plans on how to achieve this. :)

2014 View Count: 64,426
2015 View Count: 1,671,856

2016 Goal: 2,507,784

Expect a lot more updates, and collaborations in the future!

I'm also trying to figure out if I should move back to the States or not =/.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Happy New Year from California everybody!

Resolution: Make a New Year's Resolution for the first time in my life.

Ha! I've already finished it!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Happy New Year from the west coast!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Tbh I run into you in a lot of videos too XD
Well I just have a lot of relevant interests to you guys I guess. :V

And I tend to get upvoted a lot with my comments, so that helps.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I went to sleep and the thread went to war. GG.

Here's to another year where we can hopefully get along. :p

:231:

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Sonic, I ran into this.
Dear flippin' flop. Okay, first of all, opinions yes, but seriously, Sonic Colors was made because the Wii couldn't handle Generations, so by those standards, Colors is the inferior game hardware/mechanically wise. Sonic Generations is extremely polished for a Modern Sonic game, and very fluid in terms of how smooth you move and the way your character handles when you press the analog stick. The level design is far more polished than Colors and there aren't questionable things like a short double jump in a Sonic game that adds nothing but a nuisance to the gameplay which could've easily just been a single jump.

Yeah, they celebrated Sonic's history with the game? So what? Least it shows they cared about the fans for once when they made a Modern Sonic game instead of doing crap like Shadow The Hedgehogs, Secret Rings, Sonic 2006, Sonic and the Black Knight, Lost World, Sonic Rivals, Sonic Free Riders, and Werehog in Sonic Unleashed. So it isn't just a "nostalgia" game, they made a game with intuitive design that can cater to fans of old and new.

Disclaimer: I know people like Colors, but Sonic Generations has hardly any issues imo compared to Colors and felt like a much better balanced game and easier to control. Generations also didn't overdo the 2D segments imo like Colors did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom