• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Here's a poorly done and unfinished concept I was cooking up some time ago.

Once the modding scene for Smash U/3DS really gets going, I think it'd be really interesting to see people meddling with custom moves. I can't mod, sadly, but I had the idea of giving the whole roster the Palutena/Mii treatment.

I thought about putting the Boomerang or Superballs as Mario's third neutral, but the boomerang is an item and superballs would be about as different from the fireballs as a regular custom move, just without the fire effects.

Notes on the moves I put:
Standard moves work like they already do.
Hammers are from the Hammer Suit in SMB3. They're stronger than fireballs but have more delay.
The hammer works like the one in Paper Mario on the ground, hold it then release to slam down. In the air, it acts like Squall Hammer.
Cloud Jump comes from the Cloud Flower in Galaxy 2. Instead of creating platforms (how broken would that be?), it springs Mario into the air. You can use the move three times before going into freefall, but you can't use specials out of it.
Hover Nozzle is basically a shorter version of R.O.B.'s recovery with added Greninja water antics.
Ground Pound and Tornado are self explanatory.

TLDR
You
but maybe less ugly :p

And while i was looking for this image I found Darth Vader being a badass

EDIT this was supposed to be a reply to Anna. Oops

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
A what now?
Rocko's Modern Life Smash comic!
Meyers-Briggs Test Indicator.

Jungian personality test for Psychology Nerds like me.

INTP stands for Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perception, and are known for their disorganized style of living (Think Sherlock Holmes and Enstein). They also can tend to shirk their own physical appearance.

D

Deleted member

how broken would that be?)
KraggRivalsOfAether.png
TLDR
You
but maybe less ugly :p

And while i was looking for this image I found Darth Vader being a badass
I actually bought that comic recently :p
Though I bought it for Kanan's backstory, screw Episode IV-V expanded universe
It's literally the second panel
And the best part is that he's saying that to Luke :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's a poorly done and unfinished concept I was cooking up some time ago.

Once the modding scene for Smash U/3DS really gets going, I think it'd be really interesting to see people meddling with custom moves. I can't mod, sadly, but I had the idea of giving the whole roster the Palutena/Mii treatment.

I thought about putting the Boomerang or Superballs as Mario's third neutral, but the boomerang is an item and superballs would be about as different from the fireballs as a regular custom move, just without the fire effects.

Notes on the moves I put:
Standard moves work like they already do.
Hammers are from the Hammer Suit in SMB3. They're stronger than fireballs but have more delay.
The hammer works like the one in Paper Mario on the ground, hold it then release to slam down. In the air, it acts like Squall Hammer.
Cloud Jump comes from the Cloud Flower in Galaxy 2. Instead of creating platforms (how broken would that be?), it springs Mario into the air. You can use the move three times before going into freefall, but you can't use specials out of it.
Hover Nozzle is basically a shorter version of R.O.B.'s recovery with added Greninja water antics.
Ground Pound and Tornado are self explanatory.
For Side Special, he could do the Dive Roll from 3D World. Or even just the dive attack from SM64 and Sunshine. Not the most iconic thing but it's a random idea. That or the Turbo Nozzle.

Neutral Special could be Spin Jump/Air Stall.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My New Years Resolution is to lose 30 pounds.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
My resolution is to be a more Social person.
That'll happen when Pigs fly and Konami get their **** together.

D

Deleted member

Zoroarking confirmd to be George Lucas
Nah, George Lucas is more along the lines of "This media is better than my movie! Put it in a non-canon timeline!"
That comic is actually part of the new Canon EU

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Happy new year everyone!

I don't really do resolutions but I do aim and hope to get my game in a working and presentable state in 2016. ^^

Hope everyone will have a bright and enjoyable 2016!

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I guess my resolution is to depend on my debit card less.

I'm not in any financial issue but I'm starting to make bad habits.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't really do resolutions, but for 2016, I want to be a bit more positive and try not to have life bring me down.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My resolution is to be a more Social person.
That'll happen when Pigs fly and Konami get their **** together.
Pigs will fly first.

As for mine? Get some **** done already. I've already started to put away binders of Yugioh cards.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't have a resolution. I rarely commit.

I'm just going to do **** and hope it works out.

D

Deleted member

Ummmm, the people of las vegas are.... Interesting to say the least.... Except for a cool Dr Evil cosplayer I encountered. :p
uhhhhh . . .text to speech?

I've got nothing

So sandbag but not a cube?
Nope.
1. Cube is invulnerable.

2. Sandbag has eyes, meaning it has feelings, life. The cube represents the opposite, something deeper. The lack of feeling, the lack of life. Something everything will be eventually.

D

Deleted member

2. Sandbag has eyes, meaning it has feelings, life. The cube represents the opposite, something deeper. The lack of feeling, the lack of life. Something everything will be eventually.
Das some deep stuff right there

You know what since my VGM group is dead im just going to throw invites at people and hope they stick.

Why wait for people to come to me when I can come to them?

And by "come to them" I mean "send an invite without consent"
so if you get an alert that's why

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't really do resolutions, but for 2016, I want to be a bit more positive and try not to have life bring me down.
Look at that Pac-Man GIF in your sig whenever you are feeling down and you shouldn't have to worry about that. :V

Also it's 2016 now here, so, Happy New Year everyone! Hope it's a good one for all of you.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
My New Years' Resolution is to be myself even more.

Basically not do jack. No one sticks by their resolutions anyway.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know what since my VGM group is dead im just going to throw invites at people and hope they stick.

Perhaps you could work together to make remixes of great tunes?

I'd like to start something.

Want me to PM ya about it?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
AHOY, FRIEND-O'S
FAST Racing Neo update in January.
The cessation of procrastination is INDEED an admirable goal.
Me and this girl are having a huge text discussion about theology. Fun.

Let's talk about equality.

"The law of comparative advantage, and the benefits offered by the division of labour, suppose that people ought do what they have an advantage in for societal optimality. Furthermore, there exists in humans significant trait differences concerning sexual dimorphism, general physical strength, and it what areas, being one such trait. Being laws, and objective observations about the world, they a priori cannot be sexist in their formulation or conclusion.
Principles of equality are often absurd and ill-defined, without base in the natural law, opposed by the natural law, and generally unhelpful to the common welfare of humanity.
In most cases, when people try to define and institute it as a policy, it becomes a policy of envy and greed."

What say you?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oooohhh, my bad, I forgot. I'll be way more active there when I have the time.

New year's resolution? Simple, keep things in the right direction for me. Progress with my already great relationship and fabolousness~.

I SHALL BE A FEMBOI EVENTUALLY. I get closer though as the days go by....

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have 0 knowledge of remixing or anything musical.

Not the guy to go for it but you COULD make a thread for it :p
Neither do I, but I want to help organize and be a part of that kind of project and junk.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
My New Year's Resolution is to finally make it to 1,000 messages posted on Smashboards! With your help, guys, I think it might actually be possible for me to do so. Guess we'll soon find out. Happy New Year, everyone! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom