• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai should work on something new after this game. Not necessarily a sequel to KIU, though it would be nice.

Perhaps tackle another forgotten Nintendo IP? Or create something completely new...
To be fair, didn't Sakurai explicitly state, in some interview, that he didn't have interest in a sequel to uprising?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
One of these days someone needs to make a Smash X Jojo crossover. You could even have Ganon as a stand for Dio.

I think it has potential.
I can already to do that:
  • Phantom Smash: :4myfriends: as Johnathan, :4ganondorf: as Dio, :4mario: as Speedwagon and :4luigi: as Zeppelin
  • Brawl Tendency: :4littlemac: as Joseph, :4greninja: as Ceasar, :4zelda: as Lisa Lisa and :4dk:(Whammu):4falcon:(Kars) & :4bowser:(Esidisi) as the Pillar Men
  • Smashdust Crusaders: :4cloud: as Jotaro, :4link: as Kakyoin, :4falco: as Advol, :4feroy: as Ponereff and :4duckhunt: as Iggy
  • Brawl is Unbreakable: :4robinm: as Josuke, :4marth: as Rohan and :4wiifitm: as David Bowie

Burruni

Smash Hero
  • Phantom Smash: :4myfriends: as Johnathan, :4ganondorf: as Dio, :4mario: as Speedwagon and :4luigi: as Zeppelin
  • Brawl Tendency: :4littlemac: as Joseph, :4greninja: as Ceasar, :4zelda: as Lisa Lisa and :4dk:(Whammu):4falcon:(Kars) & :4bowser:(Esidisi) as the Pillar Men
  • Smashdust Crusaders: :4cloud: as Jotaro, :4link: as Kakyoin, :4falco: as Advol, :4feroy: as Ponereff and :4duckhunt: as Iggy
  • Brawl is Unbreakable: :4robinm: as Josuke, :4marth: as Rohan and :4wiifitm: as David Bowie
1) This better mean we get Zach Platinum as a stand.
2) :4zss: as Jolyne or bust.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think Sakurai should work on something new after this game. Not necessarily a sequel to KIU, though it would be nice.

Perhaps tackle another forgotten Nintendo IP? Or create something completely new...
I agree, I would like to see him try his hand on a new game for the Ice Climbers or Takamaru, or perhaps something brand new entirely.

Whatever it is, I'll be looking forward to it. ^^

Last edited:

Chrono.

A Fire Emblem spinoff :4pacman:

In all seriousness, Takamaru revival pls.

D

Deleted member

Pro Wrestling.

Or make a new Duck Hunt. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
1) This better mean we get Zach Platinum as a stand.
2) :4zss: as Jolyne or bust.
Yep. Zack as a Stand will work but less of traumatized memories.

And Joyle Aran works as well.

Also :4shulk: as Giorno aka Ganondio is his daddy.

D

Deleted member

Nah, Doc Louis should totally be Speedwagon

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To be fair, didn't Sakurai explicitly state, in some interview, that he didn't have interest in a sequel to uprising?
Yeah, he stated that he had no intentions for a sequel, so I don't think we'll be seeing a Kid Icarus game in years.

Pro Wrestling.
Coming from you, I'm not surprised by that answer. :chuckle:

I do wonder how would that even work. lol

(And I still think it's surreal that Bayonetta is in Smash. I think I'll be saying this a lot.)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Personally while I think Murasame Castle is a good idea for a revival, I don't think it works for Sakurai. Platinum Games would be a great idea since the game follows similar motives to PG's other action games like Bayonetta and Wonderful 101.

I think For the Frog the Bell Tolls fits Sakurai's alley better for a revival with the game's charm, humor, and the characters.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Here's a time waster.

Capcom and Sega got a cartoony mascot in Smash 4. Let's say this pattern continues with the next Smash. What would your two character, one cartoony one realistic roster look like for:

SEGA:
CAPCOM:
NAMCO:
SQUARE ENIX:
KONAMI:
UBISOFT:

Feel free to add third party companies if you want.
Sega: :4sonic: and :4bayonetta:
Capcom: :4megaman: and :4ryu:
Namco: :4pacman: and Heihachi
Square Enix: :4cloud: and Slime
Konami: :snake: and Bomberman
Ubisoft:
and Jade

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You know what would be cool if Kamiya helped produced the Murasame Castle game, is if every time Takamaru defends from an attack, Kamiya's voice plays and says "BLOCKED!" reminiscint of Kamiya blocking Smash idiots on Twitter.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Sakurai new game? I know he said otherwise, but.

Kid Icarus Uprising sequel, plssss..!

D

Deleted member

Fun fact: Corrin's and Bayonetta's trailers are the only ones that feature other DLC characters

And also
It has started
FB_IMG_14504624637472620.jpg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes! How to play Cloud 101 is up! Really worth looking at, I love these:

D

Deleted member

I think For the Frog the Bell Tolls fits Sakurai's alley better for a revival with the game's charm, humor, and the characters.
Totally no bias involved, there. :laugh:

Come to think of it......
the perfect series revival Sakurai can do.....

Mach Rider.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes! How to play Cloud 101 is up! Really worth looking at, I love these:
Also I can't believe Alpharad did this:

Also I had no clue you could continuously footstool off of opponents recovering. I might have good us for that.

And as for A sakurai revival? There are so many good options. I kind of want Takamaru or duck hunt but I would also love something unexpected.

What if Sakurai revived R.O.B( totally not bias) and gave him a new game? It could be interesting, and R.O.B. could become a mascot once again!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder how a Sakurai made Custom Robo would be like.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I was talking to @TheAnvil about connected video game universes, and I told him how Bomberman becomes Load Runner. I thought more people where aware of on of the best NES endings ever.

As one of the top YouTube comments puts it "it's basically M. Night Shyamalan's Pinnochio.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I response to each 3rd party company getting a cartoonish and realistic character.
Sega: :4sonic: & :4bayonetta:
Capcom: :4megaman: & :4ryu:
Namco: :4pacman: & Heihaci
Square Enix: :4cloud: & Geno
Konami : :snake: & Bomberman
Ubisoft: Rayman & Ezio

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I was looking in Google Images with the keyword "大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ" (SSB's Japanese name) with search set to within the past week.

Most likely to the hype of both the Smash presentation and the new Star Wars film, I ran across this beauty:

F-Zero × Star Wars when?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I was looking in Google Images with the keyword "大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ" (SSB's Japanese name) with search set to within the past week.

Most likely to the hype of both the Smash presentation and the new Star Wars film, I ran across this beauty:

F-Zero × Star Wars when?
When F-Zero gets a new game silly!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Pro Wrestling.

insert Duck Hunt Uprising joke here
Personally while I think Murasame Castle is a good idea for a revival, I don't think it works for Sakurai. Platinum Games would be a great idea since the game follows similar motives to PG's other action games like Bayonetta and Wonderful 101.

I can definitely see a For the Frog the Bell Tolls revival. It's such an obscure game and got a call-out for Smash. It's at least being remembered by Sakurai.
Sakurai new game? I know he said otherwise, but.

Kid Icarus Uprising sequel, plssss..!
I'd love him to say he got inspiration from making Smash and wanted to make another. Something something Dark Pit Guidance something something
Totally no bias involved, there. :laugh:

Come to think of it......
the perfect series revival Sakurai can do.....

Mach Rider.
This is also a good idea. I don't understand- didn't Sakurai say he would've put Mach Rider in a second Smash game? And he still hasn't appeared...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I just found out there is an extra in Star wars named willrow Hood who has their own action figure and is an ice cream man lol. Star wars is strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom