• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's not the last People have been asking Warchamp to add Cloud's AC smiley and the same for Bayonetta design from the first game.

After that, just add Luma, Metal Face, Ridley and the other Villagers
I didn't know that they were on the list.
Well, there went the sentimenalism of that post.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So, there was a ballot winner, and it kind of was a popularity contest, right?

I mean number 1 over all?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So, there was a ballot winner, and it kind of was a popularity contest, right?

I mean number 1 over all?
She was number 1 worldwide out of the feasible options which makes me think a Konami character was in that range and Banjo was probably in that region as well but Nintendo wanted to work with someone easier

I have a hunch Rayman was up there as well but that's just me

Burruni

Smash Hero
She was number 1 worldwide out of the feasible options which makes me think a Konami character was in that range and Banjo was probably in that region as well but Nintendo wanted to work with someone easier

I have a hunch Rayman was up there as well but that's just me
Or
Y'know.
Some Nintendo characters.
Like K. Rool or Inklings.
Probably pretty high up there.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
:4corrinf:Ugh, Female Corrin is soooo much better than male. C'mon, please give me an amiibo of her.

D

Deleted member

Sorry to see you go, by the way. You were always one of the nicer members here, and I mean that, haha. Good luck with everything though!

ALSO I've got a challenge for you guys.

This is just something pretty cool that strays from the usual roster-building thoughts people tend to have. Let's say you get put in charge of creating a roster for a Smash Bros. spin-off arcade title but, to go with the theme, there's a catch: all characters in the game must have originated in arcades. Any character that made their first appearance on a console is ineligible, but the companies characters are from don't matter, so you're allowed to go nuts. Who do you pick? How many characters, given these restrictions? Do you go for arcade classics, or more obscure titles? I'll post my challenge roster sometime tonight.

Just something to ease discussion a bit. :p
Does :4sonic: count? He made a cameo in the arcade game Rad Mobile before Sonic 1 was released.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
:4corrinf:Ugh, Female Corrin is soooo much better than male. C'mon, please give me an amiibo of her.
I think that now that Smash 4 characters are done and considering they are making SO MANY amiibos it seems, the least they could do is make variants for Male and Female characters, Alph, and maybe Koopalings.

EDIT: Bayo 1 Bayonetta would be appreciated too.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Or
Y'know.
Some Nintendo characters.
Like K. Rool or Inklings.
Probably pretty high up there.
Which is why they got Mii'd

Agreed. It ain't even like Robin where both designs are great but Female Corrin is just overall fitting. Especially considering that :4corrin: looks alot more feminine than his female counterpart.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Guys, is it just me, or is Cloud ridiculously powerful? Seriously, the only way Im beating Clouds online is by using Cloud against them

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I set my 3DS main to Female Corrin.
Instead Roy Koopa is in my postbit and male Corrin is in my background.

WARCHAMP WHAT DID YOU DO
Enjoy your boy :4roy:

M!Kamui just looks dweebish.
Pretty much.
Doesn't help that he's a doormat in his own game. He really is and he doesn't like fighting and killing in a series where most characters suffer deaths alot
He can learn a thing or two from :4robinm:

D

Deleted member

Guys, is it just me, or is Cloud ridiculously powerful? Seriously, the only way Im beating Clouds online is by using Cloud against them
You're not the only one. Pretty much picked cloud up and already all of my friends and family are raging against. :p

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Kenith Kenith
Sorry to see you go, you have you reasons so we shouldn't hold you back.

But always remember that we are always ready to have some more fun around here if you ever need a good pick-me-up for old times sakes.

I hope our paths will cross again when smash 5 comes with even more salt, tears, surprises, and happy memories.

Until then, thanks for playing!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
His recovery without Limit Break is pretty pitiful.
You can shield every SPECIAL. Even LB versions.
F-Smash comes out fast but has bad endlag.
And his f-air is pretty damn slow.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Same.
I love Cloud he is amazing oh my gosh

Honestly, once you get past the stage itself, Midgar is a letdown.
It has two songs.

Two. Why.

I mean, I know why, it's because of licensing and stuff.

But, seriously.

WHY.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Since we're sharing stories about leaving/staying, I don't know what I'll do. On one hand, I do think there are some good things with being able to leave this forum (as it has taken its toll on both my time and sanity). But on the other I don't really have that many friends outside the Internet, this place being no exception.

I do seeing myself leaving at one point whether it be because of school or I finally find a purpose in life outside of ******** on the Internet. But now it's just a toss up.

D

Deleted member

I'll quit this site eventually, but that won't happen anytime soon. Perhaps whenever I find a site I can last for the next five years (my plan is to be active on the web for at least a full decade), or I just flat out lose interest. I'm not really sure.

Shroob

Sup?
Can someone with photoshop magic swap Corrin and Bayonetta's placements on that screen, and have the p1-4 boxes empty, but with their colored background if possible?

I make it a tradition to hang up every Smash roster once we know the full thing on my wall.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Looking at this now, I can honestly see them going the 3DS route for the DLC fighter in the CSS.

Not saying they will but I can see it happening because of overscan issues.
I don't think so. It works for 3DS because it's just one person selecting their character, but Wii U with multiple players will be kind of inconvenient.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Overscan issues aside...

Crazy to think this will be the final Smash 4 roster.
Lucas under Ness again! At least that franchise is consistent now sorta. I just wish the CSS magically became good in the last DLC update.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno about anyone else, but I actually quite like playing as Cloud

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
:4mewtwo:I bought a Mewtwo amiibo.

And thank you @Warchamp7 for alphabetizing the Smash 4 icons. It's so easy to find one I want to use now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I find it REALLY funny a lot of youtubers are naming their videos "Geno in Smash"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIfYgTzZDE

Black Nerd for example. (Well, specifically his is called Bayonetta and Geno in Smash)

LOL, this would totally have been my dream.

If it wasn't that he was "Sort of" in Smash

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom