• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know, the fact they are doing a whole day of Zelda Wii U streaming, and it being the only demo, worries me.

Something tells me they will spoil the **** out of this game. Like they've done with a lot of games lately.

Zelda is definitely a game I DON'T want totally spoiled.

Just like people were planning to drop FE Fates. Rule number 1: don't believe anyone who says they won't buy something.

Also Nintendo is, apparently, not doing an E3 Direct.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
"last year people complained about our E3 having a lackluster lineup and way too much focus on one or two games."

"We'll give them an even more lackluster lineup and only focus on one game then!"

So I guess the Wii U really is dead. From here until the end there are only 3 games for the console

#FE
Color Solash
and Zelda U

One of those is out in Japan.

That lineup, for almost an entire year is mind boggling. Please tell me there is some other event you have to show up for/

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Burruni

Smash Hero
"last year people complained about our E3 having a lackluster lineup and way too much focus on one or two games."

"We'll give them an even more lackluster lineup and only focus on one game then!"

So I guess the Wii U really is dead. From here until the end there are only 3 games for the console

#FE
Color Solash
and Zelda U

One of those is out in Japan.

That lineup, for almost an entire year is mind boggling. Please tell me there is some other event you have to show up for/
You're clearly forgetting about a powerhouse title.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Good thing I have a PS4 that desires my attention. Now that my siblings are finally burned out from Call of Duty, this gives me a chance to play the games I've gotten recently (even the unfinished SFV).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nintendo is getting there own shoe line with multiple franchises included!
http://www.particlenews.com/n/02qNpIAg?s=t.57t
Oh yeah, the new president said something about pushing merchandise. Wonder what good **** that'll get us. inb4 official cosplay material

Burruni

Smash Hero
There are basically 3 hyped WiiU games at this point.
All 3 are not exclusive.
Yooka-Laylee (on everything)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (on everything)
Zelda Unknown Noctral Xylophone.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Might think about it. I'm a pleb that never played a Disgea game before. But I have heard that the localization and writing is comedy gold.
This should make your opinion more clear.
Because damn if this isn't one of the best overview trailers I've seen handled.

(It helps that the games will have references to one another, and bring back a ton of characters in postgame, but the main story is almost always self-contained).

Edit:
thus, the little Buu got a heart attack, and when she woke up, she hacked the internet to ****post Disgea propaganda until it was bigger than Mario
I know it's a niche series.
But dammit if I'm not gonna do my part to spread it through word of mouth.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Jus

(It helps that the games will have references to one another, and bring back a ton of characters in postgame, but the main story is almost always self-contained).

Edit:
Just messing with ya, I do the same with Kamen Rider, and from what little I saw of disgaea, it looked sweet

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I love the kneejerk reactionary post and forget Directs exist.

But oh well, E3 is all that matters since EA, Activision and Ubisoft left, Sony will save their big information until December for their PS Xperience and nobody likes Xbox to care about their conference like me.

Unless you like VR circlejerking and scam consoles being announced, why would you have to be excited for E3 anymore? Even if Nintendo was there and showing more games, why would you still care about when Directs show more than you need to know.

Did everyone forget this:

This was 3 days before E3 and its something people care about more than everything else.

Didn't need a conference or a Digital Event for that.

But what do I know. I need my fake hype, am I right

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I love the kneejerk reactionary post and forget Directs exist.

But oh well, E3 is all that matters since EA, Activision and Ubisoft left, Sony will save their big information until December for their PS Xperience and nobody likes Xbox to care about their conference like me.

Unless you like VR circlejerking and scam consoles being announced, why would you have to be excited for E3 anymore? Even if Nintendo was there and showing more games, why would you still care about when Directs show more than you need to know.

Did everyone forget this:

This was 3 days before E3 and its something people care about more than everything else.

Didn't need a conference or a Digital Event for that.

But what do I know. I need my fake hype, am I right
E3 was another Direct, and me and my Ninty Nerds try to hang out when possible, but directs are almost always at 23:00 in our timezone, and E3 was always noon-ish

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
On a slightly different topic, if the rumour about being able to choose with gender to play as in the new Zelda is true, we could see it announced there.

Burruni

Smash Hero
On a slightly different topic, if the rumour about being able to choose with gender to play as in the new Zelda is true, we could see it announced there.
I mean.
That rumor was born about a month ago and said it was coming in 2016, iirc.
Presumably this isn't really a case for out-dated information and that "leak" is dead.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And watch the controversy about female pandering ensue.

Or see Emily get another fact wrong to look like a fool.

Edit: Beat me to it Greninja.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
On Nintendo not doing a E3 Direct, it's an unexpected turn of events considering it has kind of become a tradition for them, but at the same time, it's not that surprising considering that other companies won't be attending it either in favor of events of their own.

There's been a recent increase in companies less interested in E3, some even argue it's slowly becoming less relevant.

Edit:
Every time I see Disgaea related stuff, it always reminds me of shounen anime with over-the-top action scenes and exaggerated use of tropes associated with the genre. Not that's a bad thing, mind that. After all, it is a JRPG.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
>No direct at e3.
How can nintendo be this incompetent? What the heck is wrong with them?

Zelda Unknown Noctral Xylophone.
I need this to be the actual title of the game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean.
That rumor was born about a month ago and said it was coming in 2016, iirc.
Presumably this isn't really a case for out-dated information and that "leak" is dead.
The move to 2017 was very last minute, apparently. Could still have been a case of the leak being a bit early.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hey, look at the bright side guys!

Now they have plenty of time to localize Mother 3!

Shot repeatedly

But really, I wasn't expecting much from Nintendo this year, but wow. To say this is going to be an awful year would be an understatement.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Might think about it. I'm a pleb that never played a Disgea game before. But I have heard that the localization and writing is comedy gold.
But Prinny Dood....

You can't ignore Disgea if it has the badass penguin dood.

Burruni

Smash Hero
On Nintendo not doing a E3 Direct, it's an unexpected turn of events considering it has kind of become a tradition for them, but at the same time, it's not that surprising considering that other companies won't be attending it either in favor of events of their own.

There's been a recent increase in companies less interested in E3, some even argue it's slowly becoming less relevant.

Every time I see Disgaea related stuff, it always reminds me of shounen anime with over-the-top action scenes and exaggerated use of tropes associated with the genre. Not that's a bad thing, mind that. After all, it is a JRPG.
I mean.
To be fair.
That's what it's prided itself being.
"Ditch the melodrama and angst! Disgaea lightens the mood with humor, attitude, and general ridiculousness." - Official PC Trailer.
The fact that they set out from the first game to have a level cap of 9999 with stats longer than your phone number kinda says enough.

My bad.
It's like the one "leak" that DIDN'T include it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Did that post mention anything about no Direct, or is it just announcing that they're showing off gameplay first?

Seems like we're jumping to Conclusions. Take plenty of water, all the water at Conclusions is salty.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I mean.
To be fair.
That's what it's prided itself being.
"Ditch the melodrama and angst! Disgaea lightens the mood with humor, attitude, and general ridiculousness." - Official PC Trailer.
The fact that they set out from the first game to have a level cap of 9999 with stats longer than your phone number kinda says enough.
Well, I've done my research into the series in the past.

Seems like something I'd play... Shame I don't have the means to do so.

I only have a 3DS, after all.

FFXV and FFVIIR for NX, here we come.
And now people can't complain about Cloud in Smash for not being Nintendo anymore! :rotfl:

I do wonder if Cloud was a sign of things to come... Business negotiations usually last for quite a while and often result in multiple deals and whatnot.

Seriously, mainline Final Fantasy games on a Nintendo system since the SNES is, by itself, quite historical, if that's what the Final Fantasy Twitter account following Nintendo's official Twitter accounts means.

Plus, if FF7R could come to the NX, it would be a great opportunity to release the first 6 games on the Virtual Console (pretty sure the VC and eShop will be on the NX) as a form of build up for that.

Of course, it could also mean nothing and this is nothing but straw-grasping. Interpret it as you will. :p

Last edited:

Chrono.

I think the blame is less on Nintendo and more on how E3 is increasingly becoming less relevant each year.

Look no further than EA, Ubisoft and Activision all bailing.

Nintendo are probably saving the big guns for a Fall event.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
E3 is only "decreasing" in relevance because companies are not happy with the way it's run.

While I think E3 could do with a re-invention, it's still plenty relevant. It's a household name. It's basically Christmas for gamers. You can't just phase out Christmas. If Christmas has some problems, you fix them.

People keep bringing up how EA is bailing on it, but keep in mind, EA's live event is happening ACROSS THE STREET from E3. They are RELYING on E3 in some way, as they want people to come to their event after they are done with E3 for the day (not everyone stays there for the entire day). People who happen to visit E3 one day, could also decide to visit EA's event the next day.

I still think Nintendo are foolish to just focus on Zelda. Yes, it's the game we all want to see, but if it's all they have at they event, then that points towards 2016 being a whole lot of nothing, and Zelda is going to basically be an open book of a game.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Also, for those who couldn't see.
P5 new trailer.
Looking great.
ALSO NAVIGATOR GAL HAS ARRIVED?
I'm dying to find out what the new signature Personas are.

So far, all have been historical/literary Chaotic Good rouges and outlaws.
We've seen Lupin, Cap. Kidd, Carmen, Goemon, and Diego de la Vega (Zorro).

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With how easy internet access is these days, there's many ways for companies to hold their own events via streams.

The main draw of E3 and other similar events is for more traditional press coverage, where reporters would be there physically to watch the conferences and interview the companies' representatives and designers.

With the internet, companies can use streaming and social media to deliver news to the consumers directly *insert Nintendo Direct gesture here*. It's less expensive, it's more practical and still reaches a wide audience.

That doesn't mean events like E3 will die, but they are becoming less special as they were a few years back. The circumstances and the flow of information have changed with the evolution of the internet over the last few years, especially during this decade.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I can see Nintendo saving the NX reveal/blowout for latter, so people will talk about them alone without all the VR/Sony/Microsoft talk.

It's a smart business move, if not a little disappointing. But the world really doesn't revolve around us, does it?

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm dying to find out what the new signature Personas are.

So far, all have been historical/literary Chaotic Good rouges and outlaws.
We've seen Lupin, Cap. Kidd, Carmen, Goemon, and Diego de la Vega (Zorro).
Like obligatory Robin Hood needs to be there.

The bigger thing that strikes to me is that...
This is how awesome the persona designs are..
AT THE FIRST STAGE
THEY HAVE YET TO ASCEND

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Like obligatory Robin Hood needs to be there.

The bigger thing that strikes to me is that...
This is how awesome the persona designs are..
AT THE FIRST STAGE
THEY HAVE YET TO ASCEND
Robin Hood may be a given. I think the last male character may have him.

It's the women that I can't figure out.
Two new characters were shown off in the trailer, a girl with an iron mask, and the tech girl with night vision/mask/thing.

What characters would fit them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom