• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just seen Civil War.
Spidey was Spectacular in it. This portrayal of the character is Superior to the others. A good balance of being a high-school student and the comedy was on point.
Black Panther is really good. They nailed it perfectly with him.
I liked Zemo for what he was.
Stan Lee's cameo is the best (behind his ASM cameo).
It's hard to find things I really didn't like about the film without them being nitpicks.
It's well shot, the story is told well, they answer enough questions and leave gates open for several opportunities in later films.
The two post-credit scenes were pretty good too.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Finally got Star Fox Zero and play a bit before I needed to take a break. It's pretty fun, but man it can be kind of exhausting.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I'm Chadow the Carne Asada, faster than Sanic, smarter than Taels and Stronger than Nipples. Do not steel.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If I recall correctly. Agitha was a personal favourite character of the dev's so they decided to include her for fun or something along those lines.

I believe they did a similar thing with Skull Kid.
Ah, I see.

Well, about Skull Kid, he was actually wanted by a lot of fans.

I haven't unlocked everyone on Wii U HW yet.

That game is way too much of a timesink.
Yeah, the game really is a timesink. lol

I've been playing it quite a lot, yet it feels like it will take forever to unlock everything.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I waited for Skull Kid ever since 2014 dammit

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah, I see.

Yeah but in regards to his inclusion. It was because the dev's themselves wanted him a lot for the game,

Anyway, so yeah uh, Andross.....

I don't know if this is considered spoilers since I haven't played the game yet but yeah....

https://twitter.com/NibrocRock/status/725530019859025920

Guess he finally got a body now instead of being a floating head with hands.....

Can we finally support him for Smash? Or is he going to be another Ganon to most cause Wolf......

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah but in regards to his inclusion. It was because the dev's themselves wanted him a lot for the game,

I don't know if this is considered spoilers since I haven't played the game yet but yeah....

Guess he finally got a body now instead of being floating head with hands.....

Can we finally support him for Smash? Or is he going to be another Ganon to most cause Wolf......
For those who own Star Fox Zero, you can view the full Andross model at the Sound Test menu, but you first have to complete Arcade Mode for the first time.

Still, seeing Andross with his full body asks the question on how he's able to control his cyborg head and hands.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For those who own Star Fox Zero, you can view the full Andross model at the Sound Test menu, but you first have to complete Arcade Mode for the first time.

Still, seeing Andross with his full body asks the question on how he's able to control his cyborg head and hands.
When you look at his lower part and sides, there seems to be quite a lot of wires tangled around him. Perhaps Andross as a whole modified himself into a living cyborg?

He does often say that he has the brains to control Lylat, so I'd assume he can probably control his floating head and hands through telepathy or something....

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

This twitter is amazing as always!

I'm Silver the Echidna, what's yours?
Sanic the Coldsteel
The two worst "OCs" in one.

Ah, I see.

Yeah, the game really is a timesink. lol

I've been playing it quite a lot, yet it feels like it will take forever to unlock everything.
Skull Kid was both heavily wanted by fans and developers.
It's kinda unknown why it took until Legends for him to come.

Development wise, everything else I know is that Nintendo originally said no to Tingle and Linkle being included.

That said, whoever programmed Manhandla and The Imprisoned need to have a stern talking to because their damage on cheap hits is absolutely absurd.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Imprisoned is the most annoying, since it doesn't stay down for very long; you'd have to stun it up to two times if you want to fully deplete its critical point gauge, and even then, it's more resilient than most other bosses.

And of course, once The Imprisoned's HP is halved, it starts making stronger shockwaves whenever it moves around on its feet.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Guess he finally got a body now instead of being a floating head with hands.....

You want me to invite you to AncientTobacco's thread on him? :3

Burruni

Smash Hero
The Imprisoned is the most annoying, since it doesn't stay down for very long; you'd have to stun it up to two times if you want to fully deplete its critical point gauge, and even then, it's more resilient than most other bosses.

And of course, once The Imprisoned's HP is halved, it starts making stronger shockwaves whenever it moves around on its feet.
The damage on the empowered stomps is one nightmare.
The fact that they're in a larger radius than a character's "evasion roll" from his feet is just wrong feeling.

Manhandla's attack where all 4 heads spray seeds, to me, has a weird hitbox on it and is unreliable to hit all 4 heads with the boomerang afterwards. Its tendency once getting below half health to instead spam it's move wher eit just charges blindly in an area...

Those two just feel like they weren't thought through as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Manhandla's attack where all 4 heads spray seeds, to me, has a weird hitbox on it and is unreliable to hit all 4 heads with the boomerang afterwards. Its tendency once getting below half health to instead spam it's move wher eit just charges blindly in an area...
Dark Manhandla is a lot worse, since dark giant bosses can't be stunned. Of course, the dark giant bosses are exclusive to Hyrule Warriors, so those who own Hyrule Warriors Legends don't ever have to worry about them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The damage on the empowered stomps is one nightmare.
The fact that they're in a larger radius than a character's "evasion roll" from his feet is just wrong feeling.

Those two just feel like they weren't thought through as well.
Yeah, Manhandla and The Imprisoned are particularly annoying bosses.

Manhandla's seed attack is very annoying, but it's not a problem if you defend. Since it's just a bunch of weak hits, defending will nullify the damage of each hit, so it's a safe strategy.

As for cutting down all heads at once, I feel that you need to be at a right distance. Too far, and you only cut the two on the front. Too close, and you only cut those on the back. I do agree that the hitboxes might be a little wonky.

The Imprisoned is just annoying all around and it's the hardest boss in the game IMO.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, Manhandla and The Imprisoned are particularly annoying bosses.

Manhandla's seed attack is very annoying, but it's not a problem if you defend. Since it's just a bunch of weak hits, defending will nullify the damage of each hit, so it's a safe strategy.

As for cutting down all heads at once, I feel that you need to be at a right distance. Too far, and you only cut the two on the front. Too close, and you only cut those on the back. I do agree that the hitboxes might be a little wonky.

The Imprisoned is just annoying all around and it's the hardest boss in the game IMO.
Honestly.
Phantom Ganon was up there.
Until I learned that bombs cheese his second phase so bad he can't attack if you do it right.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You know I have to wonder if there is a character that could stand up to the Molecule Man in a death battle.

I mean, just hearing his voice makes Galactus just about as scared, if not even more scared as him seeing someone wielding the Ultimate Nullifier.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh, and Frostwraith Frostwraith , while you're here:

Just finished the anime. It didn't disappoint.

I figured out the killer around episode 7, but the mystery wasn't the biggest thing about the story, it was the characters themselves.

It reminded me of Steins;Gate, if several twists were taken/the protag had fewer chances.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Blonic the Hedgeheg. Dammit all.

Finally fixed my laptop charger, in other news. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Played more Star Fox Zero. Unlocked of the levels and did most of an Arcade Mode run.

I just keep getting better and better at it. I'm able to take down Star Wolf quickly and I seem to mow down tons of enemies in seconds with just manual shots. It's so fun.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Really? I thought the dark giant bosses were Challenge Mode exclusives.

Oh well, at least King Dodongo is one of the easier giant bosses to take down.
I've yet to find them in any other form (and plot of the mission lets you take away the Dark effect from him if you wanna cower away).
But they're definitely in the coding and have potentiality to pop up.
Unlike the 8-bit weapons which have not been seen anywhere.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've yet to find them in any other form (and plot of the mission lets you take away the Dark effect from him if you wanna cower away).
But they're definitely in the coding and have potentiality to pop up.
Unlike the 8-bit weapons which have not been seen anywhere.
Hyrule Warriors Legends does have additional features that aren't in Hyrule Warriors, so I guess even without Challenge Mode, there are still ways to get all the enemies from Hyrule Warriors to appear in Hyrule Warriors Legends as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have to use register 69 at work but it's in an awkward position. It's facing a different direction than the other registers.

I'm not sure why the manager wanted to use it so badly, we were doing just as good with the other registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom