• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I have a similar eye mii, I made myself.
It's fun to see what you can do with the Mii Maker. I've made a lot of weird Miis with it.

The only problem is the more intricate the face is, the more messy it can game when playing as them. Especially they're a very expressive character like in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I have finally met a real life anime girl.

I need a photo
B-baka!

:troll:

But no, it's just that the normal Mii eyes bore/unsettle me and I gleefully jumped at the opportunity to swap them for weeb eyes when I realized what I could do. SCIENCE!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
B-baka!

:troll:

But no, it's just that the normal Mii eyes bore/unsettle me and I gleefully jumped at the opportunity to swap them for weeb eyes when I realized what I could do. SCIENCE!
It'll never work for me due to having brown eyes so it'll look dull.

Although I might replace the hat and I still kinda hate how there's very little customization with the Miis.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Eh, he's more like a D-lister.
I don't think he even appears in indie crossovers?
i mean it definitely depends on how you define it?
like, there hasn't generally been a lot of overlap between various indie crossovers
this is just a list off the top of my head, but
edit: **** me i forgot knytt was also planned for smb
whatever it doesn't matter a ton
Would Touhou be classified as iconic in some regard? Of course, this is a doujin series (Sorta like the indie market, but a lot of the content is fan made or made by small teams) and mainly has a huge impact in Japan, so there probably would be quite a bit of confusion from the west. Very unlikely that we'd see a character like Reimu make it in to Smash, but I guess Touhou has seen success that many indie/doujin franchises would dream for. Having 15 main games and lots of spin-offs, music and interesting characters... Just putting thoughts out since I like the series.
yeah it's really really niche in the west but it's ridiculously large for an indie
smaller than minecraft, granted, and i guess if you count when they cry and/or type-moon it's smaller than those too? i wouldn't though
it's definitely on that same level, though, and it dwarfs whatever the next largest thing is, whether you'd consider that shovel knight, the binding of isaac, the behemoth's universe, whatever

also i mean really the only difference between indies and doujins is that doujins tend to emphasize physical distros, which is obviously a lot more feasible in japan than even just in the us
i mean yeah there are lots of doujin fangames but that's not super different in the west

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh, they already announced Z? *looks it up*

Well, back to my original theory that they're holding back on Gen 7 until the next handheld so they don't end up releasing an entire generation while a new handheld needs to be supported again.

It still begs the question even further of what's taking Game Freak so long this time around. I guess they're restructuring in order to be ready for the new one year development cycles?
That "in light of Pokemon Z" was a typo on my part. I meant to say "in light of the recent Magearna news". Oopsies...

Anyways, I think the lack of any announcement regarding the next main series could definitely be hinting that Gamefreak is preparing something really big in store for us, and if it's for generation 6.5, I wouldn't be surprised. I can see them holding generation 7 off for just a little while longer so that we could enjoy the possible new lineups of Pokemon of a generation 6.5 for a short while in addition to waiting for the next portable console.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think them adding a bunch of new pokemon is absurd

At most they'll add some new megas

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
One day in the future our children's children's children will be able to say with a call back to the great great past in a joke they probably won't even understand.

''How many Pokemon are there?"
"OVER 9000!"

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I think them adding a bunch of new pokemon is absurd

At most they'll add some new megas
Yeah, it could happen, but keep in mind that Game Freak loves to surprise its fans. Junichi Masada mentioned that Black 2 and White 2 were conceived because everyone was expecting a Pokemon Gray to be the third version to Black and White, so Game Freak decided to make the third version follow a sequel route instead of just rehashing the story with new elements here and there (in addition to making more money that way with two version).

With Pokemon Z looking to be the more likely third version at this point, you have to wonder how will Game Freak surprise us next. They could go back and do a rehash of X/Y or they could go the sequel route again, but they should do something new to catch us by surprise. The generation 6.5 is a possibility since it's something that hasn't before, and with the low number of Pokemon in the Kalos dex, combined with all the in-game hints about something more to the Kalos region than what we currently see, it could work. Sure, we are reaching an even higher number of Pokemon overall by doing this, but if that's not the way to go, what else could Game Freak do to make Pokemon Z unique in a way that will astonish the fans and convince them to buy it?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sure, we are reaching an even higher number of Pokemon overall by doing this, but if that's not the way to go, what else could Game Freak do to make Pokemon Z unique in a way that will astonish the fans and convince them to buy it?
Let the fans Make their Own Gyms and challenge others Online with them.

Instant Profit!

Please Gamefreak...?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like customizable trainers

and starter pokemon following you

Maybe EVERY pokemon following you like Heart Gold is too much, but your chosen starters following you seems more reasonable

Or maybe just any starter

I just imagined up a wonderful game and now im sad ill never be able to play it.

A class based shooter (think overwatch and team fortress 2) from Nintendo. But with Metroid characters and locations.

Playing as Weavel to defend the last point containing the last metroid is in captivity at the Ceres space colony, or trying to keep your team as king of the hill by sniping as Trace in the middle of the Phenddrana Drifts.

You have all of the hunters, samus, dark samus, and any OC you would need and SO MANY possible locations for battlegounds and modes. It would be stupendous (other than the inevitable garbage community)

And we'll never get to play it. :urg:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My dog has a problem with both it's back knees

It was born with this problem, it had surgery when it was young, but it's getting bad again

We don't have the money for another surgery to fix it again

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'd like customizable trainers

and starter pokemon following you

Maybe EVERY pokemon following you like Heart Gold is too much, but your chosen starters following you seems more reasonable

Or maybe just any starter
They've already experimented with shrinking battle models to use on the overworld as NPCs, IIRC, so they COULD do everyone if I'm understanding correctly, at least more conveniently than they could in HGSS.

It's just a matter of if they want the feature back.

D

Deleted member

My Mii is just as boring as what I post on here. Though signing up for a Nintendo Account was pretty easy.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Yeah, it could happen, but keep in mind that Game Freak loves to surprise its fans. Junichi Masada mentioned that Black 2 and White 2 were conceived because everyone was expecting a Pokemon Gray to be the third version to Black and White, so Game Freak decided to make the third version follow a sequel route instead of just rehashing the story with new elements here and there (in addition to making more money that way with two version).

With Pokemon Z looking to be the more likely third version at this point, you have to wonder how will Game Freak surprise us next. They could go back and do a rehash of X/Y or they could go the sequel route again, but they should do something new to catch us by surprise. The generation 6.5 is a possibility since it's something that hasn't before, and with the low number of Pokemon in the Kalos dex, combined with all the in-game hints about something more to the Kalos region than what we currently see, it could work. Sure, we are reaching an even higher number of Pokemon overall by doing this, but if that's not the way to go, what else could Game Freak do to make Pokemon Z unique in a way that will astonish the fans and convince them to buy it?
could you point me to where they mention more of kalos? and what is 6.5 gen anyway?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just imagined up a wonderful game and now im sad ill never be able to play it.

A class based shooter (think overwatch and team fortress 2) from Nintendo. But with Metroid characters and locations.

Playing as Weavel to defend the last point containing the last metroid is in captivity at the Ceres space colony, or trying to keep your team as king of the hill by sniping as Trace in the middle of the Phenddrana Drifts.

You have all of the hunters, samus, dark samus, and any OC you would need and SO MANY possible locations for battlegounds and modes. It would be stupendous (other than the inevitable garbage community)

And we'll never get to play it. :urg:
I actually had a similar idea for a Metroid spin-off, but more along the lines of Evolve with the same type of assymetrical multiplayer...A group of hunters (Samus, Sylux, Rundas, G Fed Trooper, Space Pirate, whoever) that all takes on a bounty (Ridley, Phantoon, Dark Samus, Metroid, Omega Pirate, etc)...They don't necessarily need to team up with eachother (though the option is there), but they are all taking on the same bounty...Whoever takes down the bounty wins (perhaps after collecting something from the bounty) or the bounty wins after taking out all of the hunters...
Players can choose to play as either the hunters or the bounty...
All this takes place on various Metroid inspired areas (Phendrana, Brinstar, Lower Norfair, Sector 1, Chozodia, etc)...could even have some super bosses on certain levels (like Kraid, Quadraxis, Metroid Queen, etc)...
And of course various Metroid enemies are all over the various maps that can kill you just as easily as the bounty or bosses...
Could also have an additional survival mode where you play as Zero Suit as well and try to avoid getting captured by the other hunters...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
could you point me to where they mention more of kalos? and what is 6.5 gen anyway?
Gen 6.5 is the hypothetical scenario where we get a third version of XY with new Pokémon never before seen in the series but no other notable changes.

It's become a pretty popular assumption for. . .whatever reason. I'm not really sure why it became assumed possible/likely, so if someone could explain that to me I'd like to hear about it for the sake of being less confused.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Gen 6.5 is the hypothetical scenario where we get a third version of XY with new Pokémon never before seen in the series but no other notable changes.

It's become a pretty popular assumption for. . .whatever reason. I'm not really sure why it became assumed possible/likely, so if someone could explain that to me I'd like to hear about it for the sake of being less confused.
The gen 6.5 question has already been answered, but regarding the part about more of Kalos, fans have pointed out that the current Kalos we have only consists of the Northern region of France; it doesn't have the North and South regions. A hypothetical expanded Kalos could look something like this.

The one Southern Kalos hint that I can think of is Kiloude City's description on the map. In the English version, it states "This city, popular with Pokémon Trainers, is a typical example of southern Kalosian life." The Italian version of it, however, reads "Typical example of the cities of southern Kalos." Some fans have taken this as a hint that there are actually far more cities in Southern Kalos than just Kiloude City that we could see in Pokemon Z, suggesting that maybe Southern Kalos could be more tropical due to Kiloude City being rather tropical compared to the other Kalos cities.

There are also theories that maybe this "region expansion" may not necessarily involve a southern Kalos region, but perhaps an entirely new region (Germany is commonly speculated in that regard). HeavyMetalLab made a post over at GameFaqs where he pointed out five evidences for a possible neighboring region to explore in Pokemon Z. He even gives a brief summary as to why generation 6.5 seems likely. Here is what he said, straight from GameFaqs:
There is evidence that supports that Pokemon Z will have two regions in one (think Johto/Kanto). The two regions would be Kalos, and it's neighboring region to the east of it.

Evidence #1 (shauna will be there)
http://s9.postimg.org/krbztekfj/photo_4.jpg

Evidence #2 (namedrops a new location)
http://s21.postimg.org/ly7s678c7/photo_3.jpg

Evidence #3
- Couriway Town description reads that its train brings people from a faraway region to visit Kalos. All the other regions are not connected as the backpacker in Evidence 1 told us, so its a new region.

Evidence #4
the greatest evidence of all time (watch the whole thing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU4yY5r0K0

Evidence #5
Germany inspired region confirmed
http://s30.postimg.org/zfr5rk0xd/backpackers.png

I also believe the reason why we only got 69 new Pokemon in gen 6 is because another 40 or so may pop up in the new region. They can easily send out a patch update to the other gen 6 games to make the new pokes viewable like how they're doing for the new mega.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The gen 6.5 question has already been answered, but regarding the part about more of Kalos, fans have pointed out that the current Kalos we have only consists of the Northern region of France; it doesn't have the North and South regions. A hypothetical expanded Kalos could look something like this.

The one Southern Kalos hint that I can think of is Kiloude City's description on the map. In the English version, it states "This city, popular with Pokémon Trainers, is a typical example of southern Kalosian life." The Italian version of it, however, reads "Typical example of the cities of southern Kalos." Some fans have taken this as a hint that there are actually far more cities in Southern Kalos than just Kiloude City that we could see in Pokemon Z, suggesting that maybe Southern Kalos could be more tropical due to Kiloude City being rather tropical compared to the other Kalos cities.

There are also theories that maybe this "region expansion" may not necessarily involve a southern Kalos region, but perhaps an entirely new region (Germany is commonly speculated in that regard). HeavyMetalLab made a post over at GameFaqs where he pointed out five evidences for a possible neighboring region to explore in Pokemon Z. He even gives a brief summary as to why generation 6.5 seems likely. Here is what he said, straight from GameFaqs:
Isn't the village of dragons in johto?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Huh, I always guessed that Italy might be a second region if it happened. I guess Germany is an equally qualified candidate as long as I'm forgetting the logic process that led me to Italy, so I'll look into this Germany stuff now and see what's evidence and what's speculation.

*EDIT* Looked at the images at least and honestly that's a bit of a stretch. The idea of a new region is obvious, but the Germany thing is just Fun With Colors and an assumption that could also if slightly less so apply to Italy.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Because it's the cool thing to do, I guess...

my boring ass face...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Isn't the village of dragons in johto?
The village of dragons is an anime-only location in Unova. It's where Iris is from.

In the games, however, it is stated to be located in a region faraway from Unova. An NPC who gives you TM82 Dragon Tail mentions that their partner learned the move in the village of dragons.

Although the Johto location you are referring to is Blackthorne City, which is the hometown of Lance and Clair and has the Dragon's Den. Perhaps that's what the "village of dragons" is, but maybe there could an entirely different town of such in another region as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo Account made! And now the wait for a Nintendo Direct as to what it does...
Nintendo Accounts are used for web services such as My Nintendo and smart device applications like Miitomo. That's their general purpose.

Nintendo Network ID will continue to be used on dedicated game systems.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't think of any Anime location that was put into the games later besides The Sevii Islands being essentially The Orange Islands.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't think of any Anime location that was put into the games later besides The Sevii Islands being essentially The Orange Islands.
I was specifically thinking this when everyone was making a big deal of the kingdom of AZOTH or whatever in this new movie

I mean, since when are anime locations relevant to the games?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was specifically thinking this when everyone was making a big deal of the kingdom of AZOTH or whatever in this new movie

Well, it more than the Sevii Islands were based upon the anime and put into the new canon games.

And they generally aren't by default. Unless Gamefreak adds them, which it did in at least one case. You found tons of Johto Pokemon on the Sevii Islands... just like the Orange Islands. Lorelai lives on the Anime and Game versions of the Islands too. But then again, G/S/C's team for Red seems to be based upon Yellow, and Yellow is blatantly based upon the Anime itself. The anime rarely influences the games, but it does have its moments(Lightningrod's ability for Rhydon was based upon "Aim for the horn" too).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, it more than the Sevii Islands were based upon the anime and put into the new canon games.

And they generally aren't by default. Unless Gamefreak adds them, which it did in at least one case. You found tons of Johto Pokemon on the Sevii Islands... just like the Orange Islands. Lorelai lives on the Anime and Game versions of the Islands too. But then again, G/S/C's team for Red seems to be based upon Yellow, and Yellow is blatantly based upon the Anime itself. The anime rarely influences the games, but it does have its moments(Lightningrod's ability for Rhydon was based upon "Aim for the horn" too).
I got a "Crystal Onix" vibe from Mega Steelix, which might have had an influence on it

Maybe anime influence?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I got a "Crystal Onix" vibe from Mega Steelix, which might have had an influence on it

Maybe anime influence?
Possibly. Smash clearly takes a note or two as well. Like Pikachu being op, Jigglypuff's ability to puff up, etc. Heck, Lucario's Aura was never an in-game ability, but actually an interpretation of his Anime self.

There's probably more. Defog might actually be influenced from Ash having his Bird Pokemon blow away smoke and such.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So after looking at the trailer for this 'Warframe' game and I'd say this might be a good representation of this game following the trailer.

Free to play unless I want to want to spend money on platinum, but I think it should be fine. No harm in trying a new experience.

Shroob

Sup?

Well, there's been all these weird "AZOTH" hints in the game, and suddenly now there's an "Azoth kingdom" in the anime.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, there's been all these weird "AZOTH" hints in the game, and suddenly now there's an "Azoth kingdom" in the anime.
That. . .suddenly, I kind of remember that. I always thought it was a lengthened form of AZ's name when it was brought up in the games. I guess it could be his kingdom. . .somehow?

Also lately I keep thinking the name looks really similar to the name "Azathoth," which I know basically nothing about except that it's apparently the Cthulhu Universe counterpart to God, and now my mind is starting to worm it's way around the probable coincidence and think that some kind of weird eldritch lore is going to be involved. . .

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's also similar to Azeroth

The kingdom and planet of the Warcraft Universe

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

This is amazing. I so want this to happen.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's also similar to Azeroth

The kingdom and planet of the Warcraft Universe
. . .Now I'm imagining it being medieval eldritch mythos. Well, I already was, but. . .

Granted, your pointed out similarity makes much more sense as AZ is a king and all, but I still remember how odd the plotline of his reviving his dead Pokémon with sci-fi magitech got and all the old theories about AZ somehow creating the XYZ trio, so I still visualize something weird popping up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom