• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Anyways, the frequent posters in here should have favorites in this season of Survivor, so...
Mains and secondaries for Super Smash Bros. Gabon:

Tyfighter- Main: Ken, Secondary: Bob, Marcus
Choknator- Main: Ken, Secondary: Sugar
Kr3nman- Main: Ken, Secondary: Matty
Manacloud1- Main: Ken, Secondary: Ken
OmegaKoopa (formerly as Giga Koopa)- Main: Ken, Secondary: Crystal
Victra (formerly as Janitor)- Main: Ken, Secondary: Randy
BrawlLover (formerly as LOL_Master)- Main: Ken, Secondary: Charlie

Yup, you pretty much hit the nail on the head with my secondary, Crystal FTW!

also, why Bob? Is it because of his mindgames?
;)

OmegaXXII

Though I do not think Bob will win, I find his personality quite appealing and his way with inventions around camp. (A bench, a hamoc, a sundail, ect.) He's just someone you can't hate...

Yea, I kind of see what you mean, after all, he is a physics teachers so he has alot of hands on experience, I find him appeling as well, but in a different way from Crystal of course, anyway ty, what do you predict for this weeks alliance?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Metalmonstar mains Ken and Seconds Matty. I used to third crystal but after some of the latest techs were discovered I decided it was best to drop her before she hits Brawl Captain Falcon tier.

Ken's mindgames are too good. I agree with what has been said. If ken makes it to the merge he will be in good shape. He seems to be likeable. He is not a physical threat and he doesn't go around flaunting his mental abilities. He doesn't make his scheming obvious.

Ace is considered a snake because he is manipulating his tribe mates. He tells them just enough to milk out everything he wants to know. He uses people that he believes won't backstab him. I am sure he already has clever plans to backstab sugar and Matty.

I think Sugar is getting smarter though. I don't think she is mindgaming Ken. I think she is getting ready to turn the tables on Ace. It seems to me that she wants Ace to play for her instead of her playing for him. If it wasn't for Ken she would have screwed up royally when it came to immunity, so in a way she owes him that. Also it doesn't seem that she really has anything against anyone in the Fang tribe.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Yea, I kind of see what you mean, after all, he is a physics teachers so he has alot of hands on experience, I find him appeling as well, but in a different way from Crystal of course, anyway ty, what do you predict for this weeks alliance?
I did have a post ready, but my account disconnected...

According to the wall-o-text back then, I had Dan voted off of Kota, Randy becoming a part of the Kota Alliance, and Crystal voted off of Fang... (short edition).

I went back to the videos and I'm somewhat suprised about Randy. For one, he's human. Second, he's now in consideration, by Marcus and Charlie, of being taken to the final 3!
He's in a much better position then I originally thought...

OmegaXXII

According to the wall-o-text back then, I had Dan voted off of Kota, Randy becoming a part of the Kota Alliance, and Crystal voted off of Fang... (short edition).

I went back to the videos and I'm somewhat suprised about Randy. For one, he's human. Second, he's now in consideration, by Marcus and Charlie, of being taken to the final 3!
He's in a much better position then I originally thought...
What's with the green text, your not changing text color are you? ;)

but yea, Randy seems like an odd choice, I mean c'mon, he's weird, regardless, let's just hope (and I BEG) Crystal won't get the boot at least this week, though Dan I could really care less about.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
but yea, Randy seems like an odd choice, I mean c'mon, he's weird, regardless, let's just hope (and I BEG) Crystal won't get the boot at least this week, though Dan I could really care less about.
Randy doens't seem very likable, so it seems like a prime person to go with the final 3. (how many votes do you think he'll get?) Plus, he's better than I expected. (he scored all of Kota's goals in the water polo challenge, and mindgamed Ace in the "pinball" challenge)

As for the green text, I don't think it will be my perminant color of choice, but I did have green text in all of my sentances during my first 100 or so posts on SWF...

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
Ken's best possible scenario

Assuming my picks for this week are true (Dan and Crystal voted off), the merge occurs and the fun really begins.

We assume that Marcus, Charlie, Corrine, and Bob are still tight and looking for the best chance at victory. They aquire Randy as another member and what Corrine and Bob think is the "swing vote".

Trying to grow in numbers, Matty will confront Ken and tell him all about his agreement with Ace. Ken first does not want to join the alliance of Ace, Sugar, and Matty. He tries to think of Kota's situation and has a little chat with Corrine. He finds out that Ace isn't liked by his original tribe and, knowing he is an ally with both Matty and Sugar, retakes the offer from Matty and joins his alliance. Figuring out other alliances, he tries to figure out what's been going on with Kota, and can only draw the conclusion that they are all part of an alliance. Worried with the numbers, Ken tries to get Susie to join his allience by using some steller mindgames (he tries to implament a "best for you, best for me" scenario with her).

So, it's five and five, how will one be eliminated? The following is reguardless of who wins the individual immunity from the immunity challenge.

Well, Ken then tries to discuss with other Kota members, who do not know of his alliance, trying to get valuable information. He then trys to expose the dislike of Ace at their former tribe, and make Ace a target for all of the original Kota members during a future vote. At this point, Ken has tried to focus their vote on Ace for a reason... Ken confronts Ace and tells them that the Kota members want to vote him out, and Ken convinces Ace to use the individual immunity idol (from Sugar) to save himself... Ken then confronts Sugar and tells her about the gameplan for tribal council, saying that they will have a 5 on 4 advantage, and then continually vote them off. At this point, Sugar gains a lot more trust in Ken, and gives Ace the individual immunity idol. As for who they will vote off, Ace will see Marcus as the biggest threat of the Kota alliance, so he will tell them to vote off him.

At tribal council, before the votes are read, Ace plays the immunity idol. At this point, all 5 votes towards Ace are void, and Marcus gets eliminated... (if Marcus wins the challenge, then Charlie will be seen as the biggest threat, and be voted off)

In the back of Ken's mind: I'm on an alliance with 5 others (mindgamed Susie), I know who the other alliance will be voting for, I convinced the target of the votes to save himself, I gained even more trust with an ally, and I set my allinace up for a 5 on 4 advantage throughout the game... This is 1337!

Once it's down to five remaining surivivors, they will probably vote off Susie next, seing as she was used as a swing vote and Matty and Ace still have the agreement to uphold. When there's four people left, whoever wins individual immunity has control of the outcome.

If Ken wins immunity with 4 people left, he will most likely vote Ace. If Ace wins, he will vote Ken. But if Matty or Sugar wins it, it's up for grabs. We don't know if Matty and Sugar will vote based on who is more of a threat going into the 3 person finals. I think it's best to stop here...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i doubt ken's going to be that proactive, trying to be the puppet master and finding everything out...and i REALLY doubt that anyone from the kota alliance would give ken any real info. i'm sure randy would divulge that ken is pretty tight with krystal, is a lazy blah blah good-for-nothing, etc. i think getting susie to his side is a strong possibility though. however...if kota does vote susie off before dan, the whole fang tribe is screwed unless they pull off some immunity mindgames. dan is not interested in partnering with anyone from fang, except maybe matty. if dan did try to hook with matty, perhaps matty could use it to his alliance's advantage.

i'm surprised i'm getting this strategic about a game show i just started watching this season.

Binx

Smash Master
Ken's been laying pretty low, I don't think anyone will bother to kick him off for a while to come after the merge anyways because he doesn't seem like a threat.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
Like I said, that would be the best possible scenario.

Plus, I doubt Susie would be voted out before Dan. If you pay attention to the videos on CBS and in the show, you can obviously tell that Corrine and Randy dislike Dan, and the rest could see him as a threat. It's possible he stays, but if he does, I think he might side with Matty and Ken anyways.

But my wall-o-text and the previous message are screwed over if Crystal gets individual immunity from this weeks immunity challenge... Oh, and I'm not surprised you're thinking so much strategy in this show, it's Survivor.

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
lawl at ken mains, they help to evolve his metagame

soon, we'll see 1.0x(10^9) threads "Should/Will Ken be Banned?"

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
2 hours without a post. =(

*post*

I'm actually pretty interested in the next episode. I think it's safe to say that Ken will be safe for a while, but i'm still so curious.

I sorta like Dan now though. He seems like a handsome nice guy but he's just too awkward. I like it.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
LOL @ post #2506 sig. Everyone's making clips of Ken. Not surprised if we see a "Rick Roll" featuring Ken soon.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
This week is going to be a really great episode. I'm excited to watch how things play out.

I predict Dan and Crystal are the boots, but they have made it REALLY obvious that Crystal is in trouble, which makes me worried that there's a major twist coming to throw everyone off. Ken's got to make a big play to make it past the merge and then start working any alliances to his benefit.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
This week is going to be a really great episode. I'm excited to watch how things play out.

I predict Dan and Crystal are the boots, but they have made it REALLY obvious that Crystal is in trouble, which makes me worried that there's a major twist coming to throw everyone off. Ken's got to make a big play to make it past the merge and then start working any alliances to his benefit.
I think the "twist" that Jeff was telling the tribe would be the double tribal council. At that point, he hasn't told them that two people from each tribe will be eliminated (he did mention individual immunity, but not both tribes voting someone out). Video editing FTW? (nevermind, there's proof against this)

Have you been reading my posts? If not, we seem to be agreeing on the pretty much the same basis.
*Wall-o-text*
*Ken's best possible scenario*
*a post that no one cares about...*

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
no his epic post MUST be his 9001th. cause then he is over 9000.
He has to post something incredibly epic.

Then make something even more epic for his over 9000th post.
Haha, I think I actually wasted my 9,000th post telling someone that I main Dedede. And yes, I did do something for my 9,001st post since it's over 9,000 which is more epic :p.

I just posted in Pacific West about a smashfest that I'm hosting though :p to celebrate my post count
and Thanksgiving, etc.

mattrad

Smash Cadet
Just a few things I wanna say about tonights episode-
The twist is that the winner of the first immunity grants an immunity to a member of the other tribe.

and

POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!
Theres a group of people who analyze the editing in the show and from what they've seen so far (almost half the season) they have concluded that it is nearly certain that Marcus wins Survivor Gabon. But they also look at it and say that Ken, Randy, and Matty have chances at winning.

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
I think the "twist" that Jeff was telling the tribe would be the double tribal council. At that point, he hasn't told them that two people from each tribe will be eliminated (he did mention individual immunity, but not both tribes voting someone out). Video editing FTW?
No, its not. The description in the Youtube video (uploaded by CBS, btw) says:

Jeff Probst previews the seventth episode of Survivor Gabon: the continuing saga of Sugar at Exile Island, the continuing disintegration of tribe Fang (complete with Ricegate), double boots at double tribal councils following the switch to individual immunity and a classic Survivor twist.
So it can't be the double tribal council, or individual immunity. Since it says "classic" Survivor twist, it might be the merge, because that has happened in every season so far. If not, then something else that has happened before.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Just a few things I wanna say about tonights episode-
*SPOILERS*SPOILERS*SPOILERS*SPOILERS*
Please put that in spoiler tags. >_< I consider that more of a spoiler than what you actually DID put in spoiler tags...

Unless it's just a prediction, lol.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
The twist is that the winner of the first immunity grants an immunity to a member of the other tribe.
Quite plausable, was this a guess?

Theres a group of people who analyze the editing in the show and from what they've seen so far (almost half the season) they have concluded that it is nearly certain that Marcus wins Survivor Gabon. But they also look at it and say that Ken, Randy, and Matty have chances at winning.
I would have been taking this more seriously if it didn't sound like they weren't sure...

So what you're saying is, you know a group of people who edit Survivor, but are guessing who they think will win? Please, anyone can guess (look back at some of my larger evaluation posts, I have Marcus as the most likely to win, followed by Charlie. Anyone can win, probably anyone who can't win at this point is Susie and Sugar, everyone else is fair game. However, some people have better chances than others (like Crystal).

You don't have to put spoilers, as this is merely predicting who will win. If I would love to have a little chat with these so called "analyzers of the editing in the show"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom