• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've never watched Survivor but I figured I'll give it a shot now. Anyone mind putting the day and time it comes on?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
M3D, I think it would be benefitial to state breif information about Survivor, so that those who don't follow the show to have a better understanding. Also, list some common answers to questins (times, show progress, ect.)
When's Survivor start anyway?
WHEN DOES IT COME ON!?!?!?
What TIME?
When is it on I can't remember the last time I used my tv for something other then video games.
When does the show air? I haven't watched it since first season so I have no clue and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
Anyone mind putting the day and time it comes on?
CBS: Thursday, September 25th, 8:00pm ET, 2-hour season premier.

And go Ken, all most of us from SWF are rooting for you!

4Serial

Smash Lord
Ken's playing to win. The other contestants don't know **** 'bout Sirlin.

Actually, Ken might lose due to tripping or items or some random stuff like that =/

Spinner

Smash Cadet
I hate celebrities a lot, and like to watch them crash and burn just as much as you do.

But to put Ken in the same category as Brittney Spears and Paris Hilton is ridiculous. He's a video game star, and as someone on a forum for the game he's a master at you'd think you'd want to...you know, see him do well instead of coming in here to say "Lulz I wunt 2 c him fayl!"

If you think gaming fame is nothing, and the fact that he was a Melee champ doesn't mean he's deserving of the fame he's got, then why the hell are you on a video game forum? GTFO if you think gaming is undeserving of fame, it's just as much of a fame-worthy activity as sports (if not more). At least he's not extremely overpaid to hit a ball around.
I never said I hate celebrities, but it would just be funny to see them slip up of any sort. And I'm not going into category when I mean that, for it can be anyone, not at all going to compair. Keep in mind: We are talking about a tv show when saying "Crash and burn". Not someone who is at risk of being hated by the world due to personal problems.

As for "If you think video game fame is nothing": I'm was simply saying it's not big of a deal, but it's still something. And who the hell are you to tell someone not to come to a video game forum site? You are speeking as if it was only/mostly about fame. Have you completely forgoten that this is about Smash itself and a few extra topics? Think before being too quick to say "GTFO".

Edit:
Are you done going about how you don't like my view point on what I would find entertaining and my opinion on certain fame? Because I'm not taking this chat serious enough to continue.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
ehh.. the metagame for reality TV doesn't allow the best player to win at all. Maybe Ken will prove me wrong.

go Ken! but I doubt I'll watch just because Ken's in it. Maybe just the 1st episode to see how he interacts with other, non-gaming human beings.

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
Survivor is a high-class show. It gets stereotyped into "trashy reality TV", but it really isn't at all. It is very well edited, has beautiful scenery and is also very interesting and entertaining. I know lots of people who have stereotyped it as trashy, but then watched it and fallen in love with it.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I watched the first two seasons. The 1st one was the best in my opinion, as they had no idea what the **** was going on. The 2nd was all right, the 3rd lost my attention, and from there, I gave no ****s about it. If it's good, then great, but as far as my perception will see it, it won't be remotely as good as the first season.

Besides, I heard that Survivor's quite fake as well... dunno how true that is, but then again, I still watch wrestling. Go figure.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I watched the first two seasons. The 1st one was the best in my opinion, as they had no idea what the **** was going on. The 2nd was all right, the 3rd lost my attention, and from there, I gave no ****s about it. If it's good, then great, but as far as my perception will see it, it won't be remotely as good as the first season.

Besides, I heard that Survivor's quite fake as well... dunno how true that is, but then again, I still watch wrestling. Go figure.

Was the first season of survivor borneo??? Is this it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1rkQbhzmlU

-advent-

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
No, Survivor is not fake, that would be illegal. Besides there have been 1000's of interviews and such claiming its integrity. Do you really think the 200+ contestants they have had, plus 2000+ staff could keep such a big secret? People who say it's fake have either made an assumption, or have not done research and are idiots.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, I wish one of the challenges would be playing melee, that would hilarous XD

Good luck Ken!
I doubt it. There are probably bias-rules against "rigging" challenges like that.

Like if a former wrestling champion were to be a contest, they can't have a wrestling contest. Or if a professional musician, then they can't have a music contest where his special branch(es) or music would be used. Or...

You get the point, right? Because it would be obviously rigging the challenge so that one contestant gets an obvious leg up on everyone else.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I doubt it. There are probably bias-rules against "rigging" challenges like that.

Like if a former wrestling champion were to be a contest, they can't have a wrestling contest. Or if a professional musician, then they can't have a music contest where his special branch(es) or music would be used. Or...

You get the point, right? Because it would be obviously rigging the challenge so that one contestant gets an obvious leg up on everyone else.
Besides, most of the challenges are really that interesting to begin with. They're mostly just generic physical activities and/or puzzle races.

However, I can see one of the rewards now...Nintendo GameCube/Wii + Melee/Brawl!

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
I never said I hate celebrities, but it would just be funny to see them slip up of any sort. And I'm not going into category when I mean that, for it can be anyone, not at all going to compair. Keep in mind: We are talking about a tv show when saying "Crash and burn". Not someone who is at risk of being hated by the world due to personal problems.

As for "If you think video game fame is nothing": I'm was simply saying it's not big of a deal, but it's still something. And who the hell are you to tell someone not to come to a video game forum site? You are speeking as if it was only/mostly about fame. Have you completely forgoten that this is about Smash itself and a few extra topics? Think before being too quick to say "GTFO".

Edit:
Are you done going about how you don't like my view point on what I would find entertaining and my opinion on certain fame? Because I'm not taking this chat serious enough to continue.
You're taking it serious enough to laugh at. :laugh:

The Director

Smash Lord
I haven't watched Survivor since Tom Westman won. We lived in the same town before I moved. He's kind of a **** in person, tho.

I'm just interested to see which part of the island Ken bans first.

Zeke

Smash Apprentice
Wow....

Wow...just, wow. This is the weirdest, most unexpected piece of news I have heard in a long while. It is seriously just crazy...I don't really even have words for it! I wonder why/how he got picked. Does anyone have insight on this subject?

Also, from the website:

Ready to exploit his slight physical stature, Ken will trick his fellow players into seeing him as a non-threat, only to smash them if they get in his way.
Awesome.

Spinner

Smash Cadet
You're taking it serious enough to laugh at. :laugh:
*sigh*
You mind actually keeping this at an intelligent level? As in have an actual conversation, not just making bull **** comments. Because if you have yet to notice, there is a conversation here nevertheless. ;/

Spinner

Smash Cadet
I dunno, it's not as entertaining as seeing you be jealous.
What is really entertaining is you keep sticking to that ignorant subject. "Jealousy over Ken". I do hope you can come to a final understanding that not every Smasher wants to be like him. I am turely done with you. Anything else out of you about this subject is just pure nonsense. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom