• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survival of the Fittest RB Galveston SSBM/DBZ

wordman

Smash Apprentice
Survival of The Fittest Ranbats- (Starting August 3rd):
3802 Ave L (on the 38th side) 77550
Galveston, TX
Host: Hyde aka GOT and Kaze
AIM: dawordman07

I have changed the Game roster. I've added other games but some of them only to be held on special occasions. Friday or saturday is classic day which will come every blue moon. It took me some time to figure what I really wanted to do, and how I wanted everythng to be setup. Now that I've decided here it is. Mine you I like the classics better but I'm going to rep the new games now. Console Play.
Main Games:Chou DBZ-SSBM-DOA2U-GGAC-Sam Sho Ten-CvS2 (have not recieved will get soon)
For the main games those will be the only 4 fighters we will be playing until KOF 98 Ultimate Match, Melty Blood v.B, or some other good fighter I'm interested in makes it to ps2.
Classics:3S, ST, Vampire (PS2), MvC2, others
Here are the formats for us when playing certain games, sometimes may vary depending on day. Also I might edit the schedule. Seeing as most peeps will leave for Evo, and I wont make it because of I'm going back to college soon.

Chou DBZ/SSBM RanBat
Friday, August 3rd
Time: 8:30-CDBZ, then Smash immeadiately afterwards.

Before the tourney begins you can get some warm ups in.
On this day Chou DBZ will be 4v4 crew format, two crews(whoever shows up or prepared crew), single elimination, 3 round matches, and players must keep the same character until a crew is defeated. I'm not sure if this will take too long so if you can suggest something different with the format I'm all ears.

Smash will be teams 2v2. Friendly Fire, Double elimination, Losers pick stage, 2 out of 3's, and only to have two mains for counterpick measures. If possible I would like to have at least 4 or 6 (even) teams for Smash since this will be the main event to finish the night off.

If at all interested just get a hold of me ahead of time by aim of course or just pm me here. Or just post in thread to let me know. I will give you the directions to how to make it to the location which will be given soon enough.

I'll put you on the lists, and try to get everything ready. When Sept 14th rolls around the ranbats will definitely have money matches, and prizes to make up for guys traveling spending money. So then it will be worth it if you do make it.

We need about two or three more teams to come play smash

Thank You for your time, and hope you gimme a hollar.
OK So Here's the deal everyone that has seen this thread. I'm trying to find a location for my ranbats. Does anybody think I should hold it at a store (Like Gamestop or GameCrazyX) in which I think they will let me, or should I hold it at my own crib?- Food, Drinks, and etc so no need to buy stuff on the way here. Here are the people I have scrounged up so far. Some I know I can reach but I will say unconfirmed until I edit it.
SSBM 2v2 Team Squabble
Team Gravy: G.O.T (Doc Mario/C.F)/KAZE aka MLUV (Samus)
Team WeSoNice: Tarzan (Fox/Falcon)/Matt Damon (Falco)
Team Pleasant-unconfirmed: Spim(Peach/Shiek)/Waynehead (Jiggs)
Team Sensei-unconfirmed: Sensei (Fox/Peach)/???

here is whole thread @ my other site:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=132286

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I don't think there are any TX smashers in Galveston.

There's a reasonable Houston scene but... still, you're unfortunately distant from many of the people interested. Although it would be a lot nicer if people would respond.

Personally, I thirst for all forms of Smash, but you're just a little too far from Dallas. :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There are a few people around Galveston, but probably don't know about this. Put Galveston somewhere in the title, and people will come. :)

wordman

Smash Apprentice
Can a mod please edit the title for me if possible, and put Galveston in it please? if not thnx anyway.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
It's kinda weird how, but you edit it yourself.

Click on the edit button for your first post, then the little button that says "go advanced."

It'll let you change the title that way.

In exchange, you can tell me what a ranbat is :p

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
ranbat=random battles

It's the same thing as friendlies, but ranbats is a the term used by people who play SF and Tekken. :)

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uhh Ranbat = Ranking Battle, to see who's the best in a certain area.

Ranking battles generally give out points as well as prizes, and then after a certain amount of ranbats (enough to qualify as a "season") then the person with the most points is declared champion, usually getting a large prize.

Kinda like what MLG did, but it sounds cooler :)

Jay Bizzy

Smash Cadet
hey i would come to this for sure if you have enough people and if there's money involved. i added you on aim so i'll talk to you later about it

wordman

Smash Apprentice
Well hopefully by the time it comes there will be money involved. I just dont want to give away too much since this is the 1st one. After wards however is a stoy seeing as we will definitely have cash and prizes seeing as i have a new job on the way to fund this. Hopefully it gets popular.

wordman

Smash Apprentice
bumpity bump. I will finally be finishing up the list in a day or so.

Last question, on the matter is anyone good at super dbz or any other fighters? even though this is a smash site I just would like to know.

wordman

Smash Apprentice
Well this is it. That's all the ppl I got so All those that made it I appreciate it. There will be results after we finish. Hopefully I'll still be able to get some SDBZ in with some folks even if they are local. But I decided to make one last minute change and that's to change it to 1 on 1's. Due to the suggestion on Aim. So If that's what they want to do then that's cool. But hopefully the next time around we can do teams. Now that I am finally hired at my new job in which I start tomorrow. There will now be money involved for the cats that win in teh future RanBats.

This year looks like a very good year. AND YES I MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT FOR EVO WORLD to play Smash with top players. JAHOO!:psycho::laugh:

Top Bottom