• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support the Air Dash Online Kickstarter!

GreatGonzales

Smash Apprentice
Hello all. I am really excited about the possibilities of the indie game called Air Dash Online (ADO), which is heavily influenced by Super Smash Brothers. It now has a live Kickstarter project, and this community should get out there and support it! If we don't, who will?

ADO Kickstarter Page

Mods, please forgive if this is not the right forum, or if this has already been posted somewhere. But I think this is a valuable PSA - the Kickstarter needs our help to reach $355,555!

Below is the main ADO thread on Smashboards:

ADO Smashboards Thread

Thanks everyone!

ThomasTheTrain

Smash Cadet
Interesting concept of a game, but lets be real here, the amount of fundraising needed for SSBM to get into evo was pretty dang high, to pretty much double that, for a game that is being made to *somewhat* be like melee is a bit of a steep responsibility to try and force upon the smash community(where i've seen the majority of the advertising for the game go).

And hell since we're here i had a few questions about the game itself there's a comment about there being no "helpless" mode while in the air, how does combo'ing work if the opponent can attack at any time even after being knocked up?

GreatGonzales

Smash Apprentice
Interesting concept of a game, but lets be real here, the amount of fundraising needed for SSBM to get into evo was pretty dang high, to pretty much double that, for a game that is being made to *somewhat* be like melee is a bit of a steep responsibility to try and force upon the smash community(where i've seen the majority of the advertising for the game go).

And hell since we're here i had a few questions about the game itself there's a comment about there being no "helpless" mode while in the air, how does combo'ing work if the opponent can attack at any time even after being knocked up?
Presumably, there is hitstun. Anyway I trust these guys, they aren't going to create a broken combo system.
Regarding the funds required for the kickstarter - yeah it does seem like a lot, I agree. But they itemize everything out in the FAQ section. I really hope they get enough funding, I think this game could be great! :)

Crispy4001

Smash Ace

Apparently you'll find out soon. They're releasing their prototype today. Regardless, I seem to remember them talking about there being hitstun.

Funding this game would take a lot more than the dedicated Smash scene. That's clearly evident, and may have been a critical error in their approach here. The responsibility can't be forced on the Smash community - I don't think that's what GreatGonzales' point was in making this thread. But if it were to be funded... that's probably not happening without some support from the scene.

GreatGonzales

Smash Apprentice
Right. I mean, it would be great if the Smash community had pockets deep enough to shell out 355,555 on its own, but that seems unlikely. It'll need help from the general Kickstarter crowd. Still, for this to have any chance of being funded, the core audience (us) will have to show some support!

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
...a steep responsibility to try and force upon the smash community
If anything is being forced it is your definition of force.

Right. I mean, it would be great if the Smash community had pockets deep enough to shell out 355,555 on its own, but that seems unlikely. It'll need help from the general Kickstarter crowd. Still, for this to have any chance of being funded, the core audience (us) will have to show some support!
I think the timing was bad. The Mighty No. 9 kickstarter just ended, a lot of people are in mid-terms, and the largest hyped event lately had a turnout of 80 something people.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Top Bottom