• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Sundays - Project M - December 22nd, 2013 - Walnut, CA

Zolom

Smash Apprentice

December 22nd, 2013 - Facebook Event

- introduction -

The best Project M tournament at the Super Arcade is yet to come, but is coming soon! The 22nd of Dec will host the 3rd Super Smash Sunday (Project M) at the Super Arcade. I have no doubts that this tournament will be the best yet. With tournament running experience under my belt, a solid stream, and, most importantly, the release of 3.0, I expect that we will have far more numbers than before, which is really saying something. With 3.0 being released on the 9th, that gives everyone roughly 2 weeks to become familiar with the changes and character additions. Not only that, but due to only being 2 weeks after the release, we just may be hosting and playing in the very first legitimate, venue hosted tournament for the public release of 3.0 in the world! Pretty exciting stuff. Same stuff as last time guys - bring your own controller, as many setups and you can, and be ready to play. If you have any questions or concerns, please ask!

- location -

Super Arcade
Twitter - Facebook

1211 N Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91789

features:
-a large local venue which can fit 100+ players and spectators
-ample tables and chairs for casual and tournament play
-outdoor and indoor spectating environment
-arcade cabinets for when you need to take your mind off smash
-adjacent to many local restaurants; situated in a prime shopping center in the heart of Socal
-concession stand for drinks and snacks
-free and easy parking right outside the venue
-stream and production quality unmatched by any other local tournament venue

- stream -
Our friends at the Super Arcade will be streaming the tournament! Check out all the action at twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds

- schedule -

12:00 pm - venue opens
1:30 pm - teams starts
~3:30 pm - singles starts (pools + bracket)
11:00 pm - venue closes

- cost -

Venue fee: $5
Melee Singles: $5
Melee Doubles: $5 per teammate

- prizes -

1st: 50%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 20%

- ruleset -
  • Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled
  • See ruleset for complete list of Starter and Counterpick stages for both singles and doubles matches.
  • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1-P1-P2 order.
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
  • Following stages decided by winner banning two stages from all stages and then loser choosing.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule [Modified] is implemented.
If there are further rules disputes, the following ruleset will be used: https://www.facebook.com/notes/soca...ct-m-tournament-legal-ruleset/241766029304669

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
So is this weekly?
And how many people usually show up?
TO here.
At this point in time, Project M doesn't have a regular schedule or anything. At the moment we are grabbing days as we see them, we've been aiming for bi-weekly tournaments generally.
When it comes to attendance, we've been consistently growing. Our last tourney had 40 entrants, including some well known Smash names such as Fly Amanita, Okami BW, Sung666, DSF, Westballz, CT Tyrant, and DEHF.

Zolom

Smash Apprentice
This, for the moment, tends to be more bi-weekly. The SA hosts many game tournaments, and have only a select number of dates available, though the Smash scene typically nabs every Sunday. PM-specific tournaments have only just been rushed into being a legitimate SSS, as previously it was a side-tournament off the Brawl SSS. Recently, with the healthy numbers we have received over the last few tournaments, we just may find ourselves in a very casual position with this venue. The situation is entirely touch-and-go, and I will not truly know what our schedule will look like in the future. Though I can tell you that this will be a recurring event, the amount of occurrence is currently unknown.

Our first tournament, which was a side tournament, was very last minute and under-advertised, and netted around 20 people. Our second, also being a side event at the time, expanded to around 30-35. Our most recent, which was PM-specific, had 40 tournament contestants, and around 45+ attendees. It seems we are nowhere near done growing. As more people join the group and become exposed to this tourney, we are surely only to see a rise in those numbers.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
So there is one this sunday correct? Quick question, is there any form of transportation (besides car) that would get me back to palmdale after the tourny ends? In order for me to.go id have to somehow make it home the day of the tourny :(
Ill get to a tourny eventually...
yea and you should post the matches on youtube, like for real

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
Anyone wanna pick me up from the 91311 area this sunday? I'm a good navigator and i'll buy us refreshing beverages!

mike watson

Smash Rookie
just a heads up. we are open at 1pm on sundays and i try to get in a bit earlier so you guys can set up but no promises. we also stay open till 11pm normally but are known to stay later if needed. thanks again for your continued support here at Super Arcade and hopefully this event will continue to grow and get better! if you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to talk to me at the front counter and i will be more than happy to work with you guys and helping the scene grow. see you soon!

Revenna

Smash Rookie
It obviously says PM Sunday but under cost you have "Melee Singles" Melee Doubles". Is it PM specific or do you have melee?

Top Bottom