• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Okay, in response to that...
Who said ZSS Samus wasn't in? Of course she is!
Ridley... sorry, but I guess you'll have to settle for the AT and the expansion...
Don't like the expansions? Oh well, that's your loss.
Yugi Moto has an expansion in the works, though.

Okay, now it's our turn to ask you guys some questions: since Giga Bowser is out of the question for Bowser's FS, what do you think it should be? Also, is there any suggestions you have for any of thew confirmed characters?

EDIT: @ Johnthegalatic: when you are done whining, maybe you could actually post something of a constructive nature that we could use to convince Cleod9. After all, he did say if he'd add any character, it'd be Marth (he is his main, after all).

NeoJames

Smash Cadet
If I could make one suggestion about SSF it would be...

No more fan-characters. Super Smash Brothers is a game where you play as characters from different franchises, not different franchises and recolors of Sonic characters.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Hilarious, or the greatest FS ever? Anyway, just so you know, there is a "podcast" for Mcleodgaming that you can find on the forum. I'm not going to lie to you, they aren't very good (sorry, thedobaga and Willdabeast), but they've got some discussions in there that may or may not interest you (probably not, but whatever).

EDIT: I agree with your statement about fan characters, but unless one of you can convince the other devs that the fan characters are that awesome (which they really aren't), it's not gonna happen.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
If I could make one suggestion about SSF it would be...

No more fan-characters. Super Smash Brothers is a game where you play as characters from different franchises, not different franchises and recolors of Sonic characters.
Do you not like recolors of sonic characters with new names pinned above their heads?
Sure Marth would have made a great character but look here, Sonic has a huge 12 year old fan base, and Marth does not...see what I mean?

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Tell you what: go to pixeltendo and find a SHEET of Marth that isn't a megaman edit and link it here and I'll do everything in my power to get Marth in (although we were trying to get Lyn in as the FE rep, but then again, I'm not much a FE fan, so it doesn't really concern me as much).

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Don't pin it on Cleod9. You have a bunch of folks on MG that think that you'll actually give two bits about a character's back story, when obviously you don't (I'm not trying to be mean, but you don't, right?). Anyway, get me the sheet before anymore of this roster discussion continues. Anyway, would any of you be interested in seeing the moveset for some of the characters? Even some of the vets have undergone some notable changes.

@ Johnthegalatic: How would you know about online for the game? He said, he doesn't have the time right now to add it it or learn how to do it, and there are many more features that need to be put in before that, like 1P mode.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No fire emblem and four fan characters. To add to the horrible physics the last game add, now we have bull**** characters!

Gee, McLeod. Totally a fan flash. Super Nuke Bros is going to own SSF.

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
Hilarious, or the greatest FS ever? Anyway, just so you know, there is a "podcast" for Mcleodgaming that you can find on the forum. I'm not going to lie to you, they aren't very good (sorry, thedobaga and Willdabeast), but they've got some discussions in there that may or may not interest you (probably not, but whatever).

EDIT: I agree with your statement about fan characters, but unless one of you can convince the other devs that the fan characters are that awesome (which they really aren't), it's not gonna happen.
They aren't meant to be really great they're basically just talking except we record and edit it. To tell you the truth Just talking about SSF2 is REALLY boring. I wanna take the podcast in a more general direction, to be honest...

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
@ SkylerOcon:

Have you even played the newest demo? Obviously not. The even newer one will be out this week, so until you play them, shut your mouth and open your mind. The point of this topics creation was to get feedback from the commuinty rather than have uninformed, subjective, deconstrucive insults thrown at it, so instead of complaining about it, maybe you could give us a suggestion to pass onto him?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I did. The physics engine was improved, but it still didn't feel very good. It felt slower than Brawl (wheras SSF1 was faster than melee) and still, four fan characters and no Fire Emblem characters is messed up.

Shouldn't the real smashers come before Ichigo?

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
I agree with that, but saying this game will suck or is a fan flash before it's finished is a bit premature.

While we are on the subject, though, please allow me to ask all of you about character prefences. Here is a link to the accepted character animation archive. There, you will find animations of all the confirmed characters (expect Snake, who for whatever reason has hidden animations). Now after seeing this, tell me in your honest opinions which ones should stay, which ones need improvement, and which ones should be axed. I'll answer any questions about the animations that I have to and know the answer to. Please pay close attention to Spikeman, Azrael. Blade and Blue and give me constructive input on them.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The animations look sick.
Niiiceee.
Calling it right now~
Main:Sasuke
Second:Bowser
=)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright. I won't be commenting on any characters that have appeared in an actual Smash game, because I think those should be in by default:

Ichigo: Keep him. He's from a pretty popular anime and I think people wanted him for SSF1
Renji: Who? I'm assuming another Bleach character, but I think more than one is pushing it.
Naruto: Alright. I'm down with Naruto.
Sasuke: Same as Naruto
Goku: Of course Goku would be in. Wasn't he the most requested anime character in Sakurai's poll?
Vegeta: Hrm... he only gets in because of DBZ's popularity.
Megaman: One million times yes.
Zero: Naw. I think he'll be a mega clone, and megaman is the only viable rep from his series.
Shadow: Maybe as a pallet swap for Sonic.
Tails: I'm cool with that.
Knucles: Hm... four reps is pushing it for Sonic.
Lloyd: Yes. ToS rules.
Kratos: Maybe... I can see him in, but I'd rather see the spot go to somebody else (meaning a Fire Emblem character).
Sora: Alright. Sora's cool. I think a keyblade throw as a projectile would be a nice addition to the moveset though.
Riku: Okay. I can't really make any comments regarding the moveset seeing as it isn't done though.
Cloud: Cloud. Cool.
Spikeman: Fan character. I think all of them should be cut. Looking at his moveset though, maybe a projectile of him shooting a spike out of his head.
Azrael: Fan character, and though I think they should all be cut, the sickle will be pretty fun to fight with.
Crono: Yes.
Captain Falcon: I'm making an acception to comment on him. Make sure all his attacks do 100% damage and the falcon punch and knee are one hit KOs
Blade: Pallet edit of knuckles. Ugh... that makes me want him cut even more.
Blue: Pallet edit of Sonic. That makes me want to devour his soul.

TL;DR

Cut:

The four fan characters
Renji
Zero
Shadow (change to a pallete swap for Sonic)

Ilex

Smash Ace
I agree with that, but saying this game will suck or is a fan flash before it's finished is a bit premature.

While we are on the subject, though, please allow me to ask all of you about character prefences. Here is a link to the accepted character animation archive. There, you will find animations of all the confirmed characters (expect Snake, who for whatever reason has hidden animations). Now after seeing this, tell me in your honest opinions which ones should stay, which ones need improvement, and which ones should be axed. I'll answer any questions about the animations that I have to and know the answer to. Please pay close attention to Spikeman, Azrael. Blade and Blue and give me constructive input on them.
I really like Yoshi, especially how he spits out a Bob-omb.
But...who is Spikeman? He is an original character? I think it would beneficial if pre-existing game characters were added before new ones no one has heard of.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I personally don't like Anime characters (aside from Goku), or the fan characters (they are all lame, no offense), but... I at least like how your taking fan request! I posted my already back a few pages ago.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Well, it won't just be mcleodgamers who are playing this game, right? Anyway, thank you all for your input so far; it really helps us make the game the best it can be, so please don't stop with the constructive feedback!

Ilex

Smash Ace
Well, it won't just be mcleodgamers who are playing this game, right? Anyway, thank you all for your input so far; it really helps us make the game the best it can be, so please don't stop with the constructive feedback!
I have to say that the new physics engine is much better. Can I suggest Toad or Deoxys for this game? if you're willing take suggestions of course.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Um, I'm afraid not as playable characters. We'll need more feedback on the current ones before we can even think about adding or replacing them.

Puffs

Smash Ace
I lol'd when I saw Marluxia as an assist trophy. But where the hell are my favorite bear and bird?

Steelia

Smash Champion

All the characters look very promising thus far... but, as some have already mentioned, Fan Characters are just a big N-O. Adding Anime/Manga to Smash Bros. was far enough... but having Custom Characters take the slots of more worthy contenders is just too much, in my opinion. People's animating time and effort could've been used for four other fighters that people have actually grown up with (say, more representatives of other gaming/anime franchises that are popular).
Really... custom characters sound good at first, but when it comes down to it over half of them are just rips of Sonic or Mega Man sprites, or are just too bland of creations with limited mobility sprites and attacks.

That's just my two cents on that subject, anyway... I've seen the backlash of adding custom characters into another Nintendo Wii game I bought... and let's just say the fan reaction wasn't very pretty. Complaints of "Oh, if these two custom characters hadn't been made, two other worthy fighters could've been included!" were rampant.

Eh. I guess I'll stop there. All in all, No to Custom Characters. I'd rather not play as Sonic or Mario ripoffs when I could be playing the real deal, which I will be.

For future reference: As for any future downloadable characters... PLEASE just make one more Pokemon playable. Deoxys, Lucario, Darkrai, a newer/modern one at the most, whomever's popular, I suppose. Just one more Pokemon rep to make it four Pkmn (Jiggs, Pikachu, Mewtwo and said other). It just seems fair, considering the immese popularity of the fantasy monsters. And it won't surpass Mario's faction, considering that already has Mario, Luigi, Bowser and Peach.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Make Ness's bat swing a lot longer unless it is very strong or fast, because even hand-to-hand attacks outrange it.

In Fox's 6th animation the momevent lines look static, make them curve.

cwm123

Smash Cadet
Please take Blade and Blue, and throw them into a pit. Please set the pit on fire. Please bury the pit, plant a bomb in the pit, and run away. Please return to re-burn the remains of Blade and Blue. Seriously, it's like adding Half-Suit Samus and Double-Suit Samus and giving them both swords.

Azrael and Spikeman are acceptable if they are given unique movesets or playstyles and if you swear NO MORE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS! :laugh:

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about?

Also, I think I know the anwser, but for those of you who haven't weighed in on them yet, what are your (in-depth) opinions on Azrael and Spikeman?

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
That's what I thought. Okay, for the heck of it, I'll give you a little crash course on the fan characters just so your decisions are a little more informed.

Blade is the fan character of theoriginalblade, who was the 3rd member to join MG and the first non-admin one at that. I don' know his backsotry off-hand, but it's somewhere on the old forums in the Writing or art section, I think.

Blue is either Blade's anti-hero rival or enemy, but I forget which. I really don't know much else about him.

Azrael is some sort of assassin/reaper guy from an RP done by one of the game's major contributors, Phratt. He's suppose to be more powerful around high spritual energy and has the ability to mainpulate his own dimension. A step up, but still a bit obscure to me, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Spikeman was created by an early and still active member bythe name of, er, Spikeman. I don't really know that much about him anyway, but I know he's tried to get him in many games before and half the devs are threatening to quit if he's removed.

Anyway, since I think we have a good idea with your guys' stance on our current roster, I think it's time we move onto something else for now. What stages would you like to see in SSF2? We currently have around 70 in the works, but not all of them may be accepted and unlike characters, there will be no expansion stages, so what would you like to see?

Top Bottom