• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers 5 predictions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
No this is not a joke, I didn't know where to put this since there was no general Smash section, so please don't be too harsh. I don't see anything wrong with this thread.
Now that Smash 4 has taken all the most popular characters, Nintendo may have to dig deep for newcomers. Inkling is for sure coming next time around. Right now I don't think some Inkling is ready for DLC, but next time she will.
Ideally I want Ninten and Krystal to be in the next game. The chances for Ninten are very slim, slimmer than slim in fact, but he could easily be Luigified. Krystal would be a unique newcomer, especially since the new Starfox game is coming, and no doubt Kystal will be in it as an established character of that series.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I feel like this should belong in Nintenzone. Anyways, I don't see why they would all Nintendo because the Mother series is dead and wouldn't make sense with two representatives already.

That said, some of Sakurai's choices don't make sense and I'm personally hoping for another F-Zero character or someone from Golden Sun. I'd also like for our boy (Roy) to come back.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I feel like this should belong in Nintenzone. Anyways, I don't see why they would all Nintendo because the Mother series is dead and wouldn't make sense with two representatives already.

That said, some of Sakurai's choices don't make sense and I'm personally hoping for another F-Zero character or someone from Golden Sun. I'd also like for our boy (Roy) to come back.
Kid Icarus has 3 reps. Starfox had 3. I see no problem if Nintendo is lacking popular newcomers.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Kid Icarus has 3 reps. Starfox had 3. I see no problem if Nintendo is lacking popular newcomers.
Just saying that a franchise who hasn't had a main game come out in America in the past 20 years probably isn't going to get another Smash rep if they already have 2 (one of which would have been cut if the game came out 4 years ago because Nintendo DLC didn't exist yet). Having another F-Zero character would make sense because there is only one, Isaac has been an assist trophy before so I know GS has been integrated into the Smash universe and the most recent game wasn't too long ago (5 years), and Roy is still an extremely popular vote to bring back, so they all might be candidates for a spot in 5mash or for Sm4sh DLC. Earthbound, however, has grown extremely obscure and Nintendo wouldn't get any financial gain from adding Ninten. Also, he just looks too much like Ness to be an independent character. He might be a good skin, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a reason Nintendo should add him.

This is a 5mash predictions thread, so I'm putting a little bit of hope and a little bit of logic into my votes (and looking at other people's votes in a rational manner). The only way I would see Ninten ever being in a Smash Bros game is if Nintendo made an actual Mother 4 and that might be a while.

finalark

SNORLAX
Guys, Smash 4 isn't even a year old. Nintendo's next console hasn't even been formally announced in any sort of tangible way. Isn't it a bit early to be speculating about a potential Smash 5?

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Guys, Smash 4 isn't even a year old. Nintendo's next console hasn't even been formally announced in any sort of tangible way. Isn't it a bit early to be speculating about a potential Smash 5?
That's the point. I just want to see what other people think.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Usually SWF doesn't allow new Smash predictions threads. I'll leave this up for now though. I'll just keep my eye on it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That's the point. I just want to see what other people think.
I think this thread is years early. Try again in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom