• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Unity (Coming Soon...)

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
In regards to testing, I'd be interested in doing so to give input on balance, if that is something you would like help with.

This seems like it has a lot of potential.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, we've come across a few problems. So I will try to give some info quickly.

First off, the name has been changed from Smash Bros. Affinity to Smash Bros. Unity. We've decided to change it to reference the program we're using, Unity. The main reason I'm posting this, though, is to say the demo has been delayed. Our coders are having some serious troubles in real life and need to take a break. I'm not sure when they're coming back, but we do know that they're simply waiting for one or two spritesheets to begin a demo for beta testers. Once we can fix any bugs, we'll add in a few more stages/characters and have it available to the public. We hope they'll return before August ends, or worse-case scenario before SSB4 releases in Japan.

We do, however have some W.I.P. pictures to show. These come straight from our spriters.

This stage is a W.I.P. called Unity.EXE. It's very similar to Final Destination from past games, but takes place within a maze of coding. Fighters arrive here to duke it out. Who knows what surprises are in store!

Here's a stage I'm currently working on, but the background is unfinished and in need of some fixes. As to what it is, I can't reveal yet. But you'll find out soon enough...

Finally, we want to announce some of our demo characters! For the public demo, or Super Smash Bros. Unity v.01, we're attempting to include 20 characters: 15 veterans and 5 newcomers. I won't reveal them all, but here's some to show while we're still working:

The "Elite 4" of Smash Bros. games, we see Mario, Link, Samus and Kirby return to the battlefield! While none of them have received extreme changes so far, there are some subtle changes we'll touch on later.

3 more veterans appear! Ness, Pikachu and Sonic are ready to rumble in Smash Unity! They've gotten some changes to their moveset, such as Pikachu using Iron Tail for his Side Special. Ness also uses more unique PSI moves, like PK Rockin' and PK Teleport, improving his formerly difficult recovery.

Here are some newcomers we announced before: Balloon Fighter, Dr. Robotnik and Little Mac. Sadly, they will not appear in the public demo while we're attempting to introduce their mechanics into the program. However, it won't stop me from elaborating on them! Balloon Fighter's main focus is on his balloons. Balloon Fighter can actually be compared to that of Captain Olimar in Brawl: He can inflate balloons to a maximum of 3. These make his jumps go farther, his falling speed slower, but he still retains his weight, making him harder to KO than other light characters like Kirby or Jigglypuff, for example. Robotnik heavily relies on upgrading himself. As you fight, the evil doctor can use his abilities to upgrade his machinery. A prime example is his recovery, the Jetpack. As you upgrade yourself using his Down Special, the Jetpack will go farther and farther, doing more damage. He also can use his ray-gun and other tools, but those will be elaborated on later. Little Mac's currently being changed to more fit his SSB4 incarnation, including his powerful KO Uppercut. We want to wait until SSB4 releases before we include characters like Little Mac or other SSB4 newcomers, so we can fully see how they play.

Untitled.png

(Not the final Challenger Approaching screen, if you can't tell)
However, that doesn't mean I can't hint at the ones in the demo. It's been a blast, hope that you guys understand!

Oh, and one other thing: Those of you who want to playtest for Unity, I'm going to make a list. If you're interested, PM me with this information:

1. Smashboards Username/Preferred Name
2. Smash 64 Main
3. Melee Main
4. Brawl Main
5. Project M Main
6. Have you played any other Smash fan games? (Crusade, Smash Flash 2, Smash Land, etc.)
7. Why do you want to playtest for us?

I'm accepting anywhere from 50-100, so make sure to contact me or any of our lovely team members ASAP! Thank you all for being patient! Don't forget to also check out SSF2's v.09b release tomorrow! The Unity Team is as excited as most of you guys are!

This is APC99, signing out.​

kylexv

Smash Master
So....

Confirmed Characters (Veterans):

Mario
Luigi
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox (I see your signature, APC)
Pikachu
Ness
Sonic

Confirmed Characters (Newcomers):

Dr. Robotnik (X)
Little Mac (X)
Balloon Fighter (X)

Pending Confirmation:

Shovel Knight

(X): Will not be in v 0.1

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Wait, Shovel Knight is in?

Are you blind? It's obviously Ridley.
So....

Confirmed Characters (Veterans):

Mario
Luigi
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox (I see your signature, APC)
Pikachu
Ness
Sonic

Confirmed Characters (Newcomers):

Dr. Robotnik
Little Mac
Balloon Fighter

Pending Confirmation:

Shovel Knight (?)
Was there any doubt anyway?

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Hello. I found this project by clicking on a link from a user in the Tetra Support thread. I drew a 16-bit style Ganondorf sprite which I am using for my non-SSB moveset, for a different engine (or two). You probably want to use sprites from Gregarlink10, who sprited the OoT Ganondorf for SSBC, though. But this sprite is here if you want. I made it to fit Ganondorf's canonical height of 7'6'', by comparing to some other standard 16-bit sprites. I probably must tweak it to be taller or shorter, but I hope this team would accept this more canonically-sized sprite. I would draw the required animations if the team wants. I am not sure if the team desires WW or TP Ganondorf in the first place, though! Anyway, if you desire a sprite only created for this project, then I must apologize, since I already shared this one in the Ganondorf thread. The posture, lack of eyes, 16-bit style, size, and lack of detail of the sprite can be discussed if the sprite is accepted. Thanks for this opportnity, either way!

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Shovel Knight?

Are you reading my mind, Affinity?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Shovel Knight?

Are you reading my mind, Affinity?
As @ APC99 APC99 said, we have no idea what you're talking about.
That's Ridley. We just decided to give him a spade to make him more unique.

Hey we have to make the banners so they can't guess at first inspection.
You too SuperBrawler?
YOUR'E ON THE TEAM! HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT IS RIDLEY!

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I dunno 'bout that.
See, if it was Ridley, then it would look like this:
But it doesn't now does it?

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

You too SuperBrawler?
YOUR'E ON THE TEAM! HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT IS RIDLEY!
That 's it guys, you got the comfirmation!
I dunno 'bout that.
See, if it was Ridley, then it would look like this:
But it doesn't now does it?
Thats because Purple Ridley is better than Pink Ridley.

Last edited:
Top Bottom