• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Rewind(Smash 64 remix)

TeddyRoseKidd

Smash Cadet
UPDATE 11/24/2015 New Patch

WEBSITE
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CLICK HERE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
UPDATE 11/24/2015

A glitch was discovered where captain falcons fsmash hit boxes are off centered and wont attack at the kick. A patch as been uploaded as included in the download link below. If you have already downloaded the game. There will be a second link beneath the initial download link containing specifically the falcon patch saving you a full redownload.. It has simple instructions on how to apply the patch in game. You just copy and paste the folder in the fighter directory. Instructions are included with the download
- - - - - DOWNLOAD LINK - - - - -
- - - PATCH - - - -

Super Smash Bros Rewind is a super smash brothers brawl. The purpose is to change game mechanics, gameplay, and movesets to mirror smash 64. After seeing such a project like project M existing, it made me wonder why no one had done the same, but instead more smash 64esque. I found light in the dark tunnel when following reality 64 and was a huge supporter, but as time went on, I feared that the project may never see the light of day. So I turned to my own game designing skills and decided to learn brawl modding and see if I could possibly get good enough at modding to handle such a project. Well here is what I have to display.

What I can tell you now about overall gameplay is this.

Increased Teching Window
L-Canceling
No Auto Sweet spotting the Ledge
Dash Canceling
Increased Hitstun
No Air Dodging
(in the works) Increased shieldstun

Beta has now been released. Anyone playing, feedback is always thoroughly taken into consideration. If you have any ideas, requests, or feedback on the beta, pls comment below and I will definitely take into consideration the possibilities of your ideas.

Last edited:

FalchoMex

Smash Rookie
I really like the concept and i love the title.
I don't have much brawl hacking experience, but i know practicly how all works. In my entire "Brawl hacking carrer" i just made 1 skin and i'm planning in doing a new one (Like the dark mewtwo from Pokken) so i can't help you that much, just now i can share the video.

Wish you luck for this project, i am really interested.

TeddyRoseKidd

Smash Cadet
I really like the concept and i love the title.
I don't have much brawl hacking experience, but i know practicly how all works. In my entire "Brawl hacking carrer" i just made 1 skin and i'm planning in doing a new one (Like the dark mewtwo from Pokken) so i can't help you that much, just now i can share the video.

Wish you luck for this project, i am really interested.
Thank you for sharing the video. Spreading the news always helps. You are doing alot more than you may think and I really appreciate it.

chocodino

Smash Rookie
......I login to update 64 remix and I see this, It look good, too much like 64 for my tastes [the reason I didn't change the moves and other things], but good.

and just a little advice, if you are going to put all that is shown on the trailer, you may want to make 2 downloads, a "main" one, that includes only the gameplay changes, and maybe some other things that don't add too much space. and a "secondary" download with all the optional things [like textures], this way those who only want the gameplay experience will get a small download, the rest can just download the 2 packs.

p.s. I might give feedback if I get enough free time to download and test.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Work on R64 is still ongoing, if you want to help out with it we need someone who can do gct stuff + pretty much anything

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Been having fun with this for the past few days, but there are a few things I've noticed.

- Playing as Link seems to crash the game when loading the results screen.
- Despite not being on the CSS, you can still play as the other characters via random select (CPUs also end up as the non selectable characters). Some of them, notably Sonic (and I think Wario) tend to crash the game when loading the results screen like Link.
- Captain Falcon's N64 "palette" is a duplicate of his green(?) palette.

Other than that, I haven't noticed anything else game breaking. Here's hoping they get fixed soon.

Top Bottom