• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros on NA Virtual Console Today!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I still haven't gotten the chance to play with gc controls. Only reason why I think I would like it is because whenever I go from playing brawl/melee to SSB, I have to get use to the completely different shape and bulk of the 64 control. Now that I think of it, I don't even hold the 64 control properly. I keep it at kind of a 60 degree turn when I play.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
gc controllers are soo difficult. since i use R to arial attack and delay cancle its almost impossible since u have to mash the button so far in.

CMONEY770

Smash Cadet
Yeah same here, except I always used Smash 64 to help me get my cancels down so I'm used to playin with an Nintendo 64 controller

earthadept

Smash Lord
It's cool that this was released, and it's causing more interest in the game, but it sucks that new people are learning to play using the garbage gamecube controls. I've even heard of people hosting VC tournaments. DISGUSTING

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
How is it worse? I had to take a break of the n64 version after a half hour of play because I got a sore thumb.

DaisyBoo92

Smash Apprentice
How is it worse? I had to take a break of the n64 version after a half hour of play because I got a sore thumb.
weak hands

anyways, if you play both melee and 64 you'd have to keep getting new gc controllers cuz of the huge amount of use

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It's a simple, fun game to play competitively and with friends. It's easier to get into than Melee and more balanced than either Melee or Brawl. It may not be as good a party game as Brawl, but if you want true combos, epic simplicity and fun, go for this game.

Most people here play this online against other players, but getting it on your Wii and playing it with friends is always good.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm sure it's the latter. Though there's not really a way to say how many people outside this board & Kaillera play.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
People who have played it on the 64 for years will say it's much better on the 64, while people who haven't and have only played melee/brawl using a gamecube controller will say it's better on the wii. So... it depends on who you talk to.

In terms of which is most efficient, it would be the 64 controller by far. The buttons are arranged in such a way that it is easier to do some basic techniques (most notably, the jump buttons are right beside the a and b buttons, so you can do your attack immediately out of a jump).

I personally prefer the 64 controller over the gamecube.

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like it ****s up your melee game if you play ssb64 with that setup for long periods of time

Top Bottom