• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Melee TOURNAMENT in California

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I'm bringing one TV. . . so now we have 3? I'll convince MFP/Connor to bring his small one so we have FOUR! :D I'll also be bringing a VCR.

NintendoX

Smash Rookie
anybody who can bring a T.V and a extra memory card and Cube that can really help the tournament run better.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Oh man, if I didn't bring TIO and use it, then sniper wouldn't have been able to get into the tournament and win the thing.

(raqu second place, same thing)

--GCII

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
We appreciate your hard work, Glenn! :D Thanks for bringing over a laptop, too! Now post matches and update your website, now! JK JK take as much time as you can (:

Boolossus

Smash Ace
I got 16th (kinda)!

That was the first real tournament I've ever been to, and the competition was really tough. I think that my Sheik is as good as it's going to get, I just need to work on mind games and timing. I'm gonna try to practice with Samus and Roy, cuz they need work.

I had a really nice game with Sushiman... I came back from being down by a life only to get annihilated by his tilts on the last stock.

I'm gonna try to start going to more tournaments now.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I got 16th (kinda)!

That was the first real tournament I've ever been to, and the competition was really tough. I think that my Sheik is as good as it's going to get, I just need to work on mind games and timing. I'm gonna try to practice with Samus and Roy, cuz they need work.

I had a really nice game with Sushiman... I came back from being down by a life only to get annihilated by his tilts on the last stock.

I'm gonna try to start going to more tournaments now.
Hey! I remember playing you! :D That was an intense match. I was pretty nervous, too! If you live around Orange County, you should come practice with us! Our crew plays all the time at Connor's house. You'll get good really fast. Anyway, nice sheik. The only reason why I won was probably because of regular sheik stuff that I've experienced against before.

Comments about the tournament: It was very enjoyable! I met a lot of new people there. I really didn't expect like 15 more smashboards people there other than the 6 of us. It was very unexpected, and I had too many close matches.

David Laufer - I should've used Marth against you!

Dan - You're Boolossus haha

Kevin - Nice Samus. Good games.

Jacob - Everytime you play me you like to suicide :D That's the only reason why I won.

Tai - I almost had you! **** Peach.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Hey, Boolossus is cool.:laugh:

how far is Connor's house from that store? Cuz it's about a 20 minute drive from my house to the store... I had to take Valley View to Chapman, and then Chapman to Brookhurst.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Boolossus is cool.:laugh:

how far is Connor's house from that store? Cuz it's about a 20 minute drive from my house to the store... I had to take Valley View to Chapman, and then Chapman to Brookhurst.
Connor's house is on Westminster and Goldenwest I think. About a 10 minute drive from the store. He has smash til dawns all the time I think. You also PMed my about videos. It should be on www.getyourtournament.com by next week, and on youtube as well. Ask The Game II. I'll also be making a montage kinda. Maybe not.

my AIM is sushim4n, just IM me.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Connor's house is on Westminster and Goldenwest I think. About a 10 minute drive from the store. He has smash til dawns all the time I think. You also PMed my about videos. It should be on www.getyourtournament.com by next week, and on youtube as well. Ask The Game II. I'll also be making a montage kinda. Maybe not.

my AIM is sushim4n, just IM me.
I just learned a valuable lesson: Never ask The Game II about the videos.

Ever.

The Game II

Smash Champion
The tape that was given to me, I rewound it to the beginning and it went black. I started freaking out until I finally found the matches about 30 minutes into the tape. So I'm working on them right now. :)

--GCII

edit: it'd be better to have handles instead of real names

so if people know the following handles for these people, let me know. I'll just list their first name

Ty - peach
Kevin - marth
cameron - jig (but I think it's Psycho ******)
adam -fox
ruben - shiek, doc, jig

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Ty - peach
Kevin - marth
cameron - jig (but I think it's Psycho ******)
adam -fox
ruben - shiek, doc, jig

Kevin is Sushiman, Cameron is PsychoMidget, Adam is Predator, Ruben is Oreo. I don't know about Ty though. We don't really know him. His real name is Tai. . .

Top Bottom