• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Melee TOURNAMENT in California

emanon

Smash Rookie
hey.. i live like on the same street kinda.. i never went to a tourney so.. maybe ill go.

NintendoX

Smash Rookie
Hey guys just an update.

You can sign-up on the day of. We will start signing-up at 11:00 AM and start somewhere between 11:30 and 12:00 noon. That way we can get everybody signed-up who shows a bit late.

$5.00 entry fee
Vote for payouts. 1st 2nd and 3rd or just 1st and 2nd.
Final destination, items off, best two of three and double elimination.
Vote for prize pool percentage. 70% and 30% or 60% and 40%
if we pay three spots I will finalize the payouts for that.

The store is located in the CVS Pharmacy Shopping center at Brookhurst and Chapman, just south of Chapman behind El Pollo Loco.

Video Game Geeks
12151 Brookhurst ST. Unit E.
Garden Grove, CA 92840

714-636-4295

NintendoX

Smash Rookie
i think because its the most fair stage. well its not my rules but the stores rules.

NintendoX

Smash Rookie
he means that he move this topic here because i posted this thread in the major Tournaments so instead he put it in the Regional Zones.

The Game II

Smash Champion
oh, FD only? I might not cover this tournament then.

Then again, it's the only tournament I have on my calendar, so I might be forced to watch this :confused:

--GCII

Wreckless

Smash Journeyman
I don't think a lot of ppl are gunna go to this. . . only FD. You needa talk to themm about it and change it.

NintendoX

Smash Rookie
The owner says that it might not only be FD. you can debate in the website if you want other stages. but not the banned ones. you might know which one are them.

NintendoX

Smash Rookie
go here:
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Video_Game_Geeks/index.php?showforum=2

and suggest the stages in this thread so i can tell the owner.

I told the owner this.

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are banned from singles:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Mushroom Kingdom II
- Flatzone
- Icicle Mountain
- Princess Peach's Castle
- Great Bay
- Venom
- Hyrule Temple
- Yoshi's Island
- Yoshi's Story 64
- Onett
- Fourside
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths

is this better.

The Game II

Smash Champion
What do you mean watch this?
For my web site. I don't compete.

Right now you're the only tournament in SoCal because a madden tourney just got moved to 7-14.

Since the rules are "changing" this will be a little bit more watchable, and I'll bring my camcorder/vcr/camera/other stuff.

--GCII

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
kevin if u cant go to aznforces turny how r u gonna go to this one if its the same weekend??? and if no one goes to aznforces then ill attent but i herd sum coool people were goin to his ....so iono yet ill see if ill attend this sushi

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
This is a Saturday. . . AznForce's is on a Friday. o.O I can go to this one because it's uber close. My parents won't let me go to Mission Viejo.

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
ill go to this one bcuz i think i culd do iight but iono ...kinda scared o.o xPPP sux

NintendoX

Smash Rookie
so far the store has 2 t.vs but other people might bring a spare one or two and a gamecube and copy of the game. but you can bring one if you wish.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
It'd be a really good idea if you asked people to bring some more TVs. . . because 2 definitely isn't enough. A tournament would run a lot more smoother with at least 4. Btw, are you running the brackets on a computer?

The Game II

Smash Champion
Despite the lack of traffic for this thread, this tournament is still happening tomorrow. I just called the store and they said they're expecting 40-50 people (wtf).

Anyone going to this that I might KNOW?

--GCII

NintendoX

Smash Rookie
just to say the rules may change up a bit like there will be 5 or 4 min on the time due to alot of players showing up. and pretty much everybody here knows advance tech including me so the tournament will pretty much be challenging.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
How did you get 40 ppl who arent on smashboards, anyway o.O? Btw, how many TVs do you guys have?! I don't want this tournament to be boring and laggy ): I'll bring one only if you guys are low.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
just to say the rules may change up a bit like there will be 5 or 4 min on the time due to alot of players showing up. and pretty much everybody here knows advance tech including me so the tournament will pretty much be challenging.
Lawl, theres a difference between knowing what wavedashing is and actually using it :p

Top Bottom