• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I pick E.V.O: Search for Eden

I have a feeling that there won’t be much representation.

However, the music would definitely rock, and hearing them in smash would be a dream.

Special mention goes to Starter Ocean, Chapter 2 Desert, Boss Battle, Cave Theme and especially Bolbox: Unnatural Threat.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am adding Chrono Trigger

1660492266461.png

The series was monumental when released and considered one of the greatest video games of all time. Depsite it being nearing 30 years after being released, the game is still in very high regard by the gaming community. One of itsgreatest achievements was the soundtrack which has been highly recieved by almosy every gaming authority. Chrono himself might not get the newcomer nomination but including Chrono Trigger music was be the second best way to rep this series.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Live-A-Live

View attachment 358640

The game just got a remake on Nintendo Switch and would be perfect for a music pack, due to its renewed relevance. Like many Square RPGs, it has an excellent soundtrack, so having a music pack would be a great way to represent it in Smash.
I should of made a note about Spirit Events but we had a LiveALive Spirit event previously so this will be ineligible. SOrry for not making this clearer earlier.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Dance Dance Revolution

DDR 1stMIX flyer.jpg

One of the most iconic video game franchises and a touchstone of the arcade scene, Dance Dance Revolution is a rhythm and dance based franchise that has received critical acclaim and a massive fanbase. Although it uses many licensed songs, it also has a wealth of original songs to choose from for a music pack. As a pioneer of music based video games, DDR would be a great pick for this pack.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I really thought it was just between franchises without music.
I didn’t consider the aspect of allowing franchises that became spirit events but, considering all of the potential out there, it’s rather unfair to give attention to one particular series with numerous dlc content. It never crossed my mind people would submit franchises that were spirit events.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for the submissions! I am sorry that I wasn't so clear on one particular aspect of the rules. We will be jumping into voting in just a little bit...

Here are the submissions:

View attachment 358613View attachment 358614View attachment 358615
Dark Souls

If there's one other thing that Dark Souls is known for aside from its difficulty and boss fights, it's its music. The soundtrack from Dark Souls is absolutely memorable, from the sombre tones of Great Grey Wolf Sif to the bombastic drums of Ornstein & Smough to the utterly memetic Vordt of the Boreal Valley, Dark Souls can be considered an example in philharmonic genius. How we have just one Dark Souls spirit and nothing else is just appalling and I believe we should remedy that.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA
Hatsune Miku has made a cultural impact when it comes to music to the point she appeared in actual concerts due to how popular some of her songs are. Such as World is Mine, Ievan Polkka, The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku, Rolling Girl, and many more. Songs that are used in thousands of videos across the web. Miku is quite popular in gaming too even appearing in Ubisoft's Just Dance games as well. So for this job, I will specifically choose the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA game series as they contained most of her songs in it. I feel this is the perfect way to include Miku in smash in a way.
Sigh, I was thinking on that, good thing I had a second option in mind.
French Bread's own franchise, conceived has a spiritual succesor of Melty Blood, Under Night In-Birth counts with a notorious variety of great songs composed by Raito. There are lot of great tracks like Scraper Sky High, Beat Eat Nest, Monochrome Memory, Incompatible Relation and even great vocal tracks like the populars Unknown Actor and Thousand Years in the Scarlet Darkness.
Commodore 64

If Game Boy can be counted as a music universe, this can be too. The Commodore 64 is famous for its SID chip, which has a unique sound unlike any other console. Most major C64 games are now copyright of small retro-centric companies so I don't think it's unrealistic to imagine getting the music rights to many unrelated games. The C64 is extremely important to gaming history in Britain and other locations where the industry never crashed.
View attachment 358622
Neir Automata
A game with an amazing, well renowned soundtrack. I'd be super down for 2B to be playable but I have a feeling that's not happening.
I pick E.V.O: Search for Eden

I have a feeling that there won’t be much representation.

However, the music would definitely rock, and hearing them in smash would be a dream.

Special mention goes to Starter Ocean, Chapter 2 Desert, Boss Battle, Cave Theme and especially Bolbox: Unnatural Threat.
I am adding Chrono Trigger

View attachment 358638

The series was monumental when released and considered one of the greatest video games of all time. Depsite it being nearing 30 years after being released, the game is still in very high regard by the gaming community. One of itsgreatest achievements was the soundtrack which has been highly recieved by almosy every gaming authority. Chrono himself might not get the newcomer nomination but including Chrono Trigger music was be the second best way to rep this series.
Dance Dance Revolution

DDR 1stMIX flyer.jpg

One of the most iconic video game franchises and a touchstone of the arcade scene, Dance Dance Revolution is a rhythm and dance based franchise that has received critical acclaim and a massive fanbase. Although it uses many licensed songs, it also has a wealth of original songs to choose from for a music pack. As a pioneer of music based video games, DDR would be a great pick for this pack.
  • Dark Souls
  • Hatsune Miku
  • Under Night In-Birth
  • Nier Automata
  • EVO Search for Eden
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Commodore 64
  • Dance Dance Revolution
HERE IS THE VOTING FORM

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey, um, sorry Venus,but I think you would need to redo the votations since it looks that it doesnt allow you to choice in the other columns but allow you to vote for all options. Sorry for the inconvenence, have a nice day.
Ahh yes, I had to remake the forms as my drive ran out of space.I am teaching online lessons now it will finish it an hour

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry for the issues before. Basically, I wanted to get voting out before my online ESL lesson that I teach. I quickly made the post and then found out my google drive was full so I had to recreate the form in another account. That is why the voting was so odd. I had to delete two voting submissions so, if you voted, could you do it again? I deleted them before writing down who they were so I could ping them. Everything is fixed now.

I still have very limited time as I have to leave after writing thiso but I REALLY want to get us started on the newcomer submission process. Basically, we will be doing a discussion phase first before jumping into submissions....

Our newcomer prompt is....

Popular Character Discussion

So we will be including a popular character that was often talked about during Ultimate’s development time that never got included and missed out of Infinite”/ launch roster plus first two seasons. This is a character that is regulary talked about in speculation circles and a character that everyone agrees is both popular and brings the hype. If a submission doesn't fulfill this role, then I will disqualify it. While first party submissions are allowed, I am not sure which character would fulfill that role. Obviously third party characters are allowed.

So I want to dedicate this discussion phase to bringing out characters who are popular and talked about during the Ultimate speculation phase so that we can have a ready list for people to choose from. That being said, the following character that typically fits this role are out due to being assists, mii costumes, or DLC spirit events.
  • Cuphead
  • Shantae
  • Dragonorn
  • Master Chief
  • Rayman
  • Kazuma Kiryu
  • Shovel Knight
  • Hollow Knight
  • Profesor Layton
  • Dark Souls
  • Monokuma
  • Tracer

It's always good to check the front page for content to make sure. Here are soem more further rules:
  • No Namco reps
  • No indie reps
  • No fighting game reps
  • No sony reps
The character doesn't have to appear on a Nintendo system to be submitted so please keep that in mind. If the character has yet to appear on a Nintendo console, we will use this opportunity to bring that character and franchise as a port onto the Nintendo system.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
The ones I can think are Ryu Hayabusa, 2B, Doomslayer, and Dante. Almost all the popular ones that are highly speculated in smash are all here.

I think we defininty need a PC/Valve rep too. It be sweet to have both Gordon Freeman and Doomslayer in the same pass.

Out of what's more cooler and hype as of now. Dante would be the perfect fit. I think he's bound to be in at some point.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I agree with the general consensus of Slayer, Dante and Hayabusa, generally. But honestly, out of all of them, Monster Hunter doesn't have a fighter yet, and I'm surprised we haven't given it to them because they're pretty popular too. I might be bringing up something not allowed here, but we've been progressively adding Monster Hunter content that I'm surprised we don't have a Hunter as a fighter, either.

D

Deleted member

I agree with the general consensus of Slayer, Dante and Hayabusa, generally. But honestly, out of all of them, Monster Hunter doesn't have a fighter yet, and I'm surprised we haven't given it to them because they're pretty popular too. I might be bringing up something not allowed here, but we've been progressively adding Monster Hunter content that I'm surprised we don't have a Hunter as a fighter, either.
Pretyy sure MH is out of the running since we added a stage

BowserKing

Smash Lord
This is difficult to choose.
There are multiple popular Pokémon that can’t get in due to being Pokeball Pokémon.

Tom Nook and Krystal seem like great choices however. As long as assist don’t decomfirm, this time.

A new Xenoblade rep would be fun too.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be altering the promots requirements a bit to allow for better creativity. Instead of keeping it solely to Smash, we will allow for submissions that are popular within gaming as a whole. That being said, with this new ruling, submissions that may not have been popular during Ultimate's speculation period will be held to a bit more scrutiny. Please keep that in mind that we are looking for in terms of submissions are within tge realm of a genereal "Top 20-25 VG Character List".

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
A rep from Starcraft, Warcraft, or even Rockstar Games could work as well. They're games whose genre that has yet to be represented in smash.

This also includes Mass Effect and Assassain's Creed too
Helps that the former has a game on N64, so that's a plus. On top of that, Jack-O's XRD version in Guilty Gear is heavily based on RTS, so should we make an SC character like that, then we can do it.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Maybe something from a game series that has close ties with another one of our already repped franchises whether though cameos (Spyro in Crash) or though memes (Doomguy and Animal Crossing)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright everyone! We will be kicking off submissions for a.....

Popular Character

We will be including a popular character from the gaming industry/ While we are ideally looking for characters who are or were considered popular/frontrunners for inclusion; I decided to open submissions up to include characters who are popular within the industry but not particualry frontrunners for inclusion in Smash.

Characters that were brought forward as potential characters are:

• 2-B (NieR: Automata)
  • Ahri (League of Legends)
  • Dante (Devil May Cry)
  • Doomslayer (Doom)
  • Ezio (Assassin's Creed)
  • Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)
  • Heavy (Team Fortress)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  • Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
  • Spyro (Spyro)

Some other ideas that also come up:

• Nahobino (Shin Megami Tensei)
  • Jonesey (Fortnite)
  • Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
  • Geralt (The Witcher) <-we voted to allow Witcher content should it come up
  • Kerrigan (Starcraft)
  • Call of Duty Soldier
Remember that:

• No Namco Characters
  • No Indie Characters
  • No Fighting game characters
  • No previous characters from DLC Spirit Events or DLC content like stages.
As always, please ask if you have any further questions or concerns. If you aren't sure about a character, please ping me and I will do my best to reply back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom