• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Hatsune Miku
Yes, while Hatsune Miku is TECHNICALLY not a video game character originally, she did make the move from the Vocaloid industry to gaming in many video games such as Project Diva, Projecy Mirai, and even Idolm@asters which we already have dlc mii costumes. In terms of combat, Hatsune Miku could pull from a variety of attacks by being able to "stich together" music via her neutral special in order to grant her buffs. Seeing as how we have Barista, having a rhythm character again would defeat the purpose of including Barista. Instead, Hatsune Miku is not about keeping the rhythm but finishing the performance. Select a song, complete the song by using the neutral button and then command inputs to complete the song for a much needed buff. In addition, she can utiliize various concepts and imagery found within her music and music videos. Miku would be a nice contrast to Nightmare and SC's dramatic appearance and would be soft and easy to include entry to the rest of our upcoming DLC; both as an early, mid, or even later character if needed.

Hatsune Miku has been a polarizing figure within the Smash community since her conception with her being a near impossible pick that still has a slight margin for success. Including Hatsune Miku wouldn't just surprise everyone, it would literally break the dam wall for furture content in Smash to come. I feel Hatsune Miku would ignite the speculation scene just like how Snake, Sonic, Cloud, Joker, and Banjo did along with Steve and Sephiroth and Sora.

Hatsune Miku ticks off all of the boxes that we have as a character that is extremely popular, well known, and yet would have the potential to not only surprise people but knock them off their ****ing feet. I don't see any character of causing such an impact on the Smash scene as well as the greater gaming communtiy as Hatsune Miku would. The noise would be defeaning EVERYWHERE.

So yes, why prolong it further. Miku in Smash now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hatsune Miku
Yes, while Hatsune Miku is TECHNICALLY not a video game character originally, she did make the move from the Vocaloid industry to gaming in many video games such as Project Diva, Projecy Mirai, and even Idolm@asters which we already have dlc mii costumes. In terms of combat, Hatsune Miku could pull from a variety of attacks by fully focusing on rhythm but being able to "stich together" music via her neutral special in order to grant her buffs. Select a song, complete the song by using the neutral button and then command inputs to complete the song for a much needed buff. In addition, she can utiliize various concepts and imagery found within her music and music videos. Miku would be a nice contrast to Nightmare and SC's dramatic appearance and would be soft and easy to include entry to the rest of our upcoming DLC; both as an early, mid, or even later character if needed.

Hatsune Miku has been a polarizing figure within the Smash community since her conception with her being a near impossible pick that still has a slight margin for success. Including Hatsune Miku wouldn't just surprise everyone, it would literally break the dam wall for furture content in Smash to come. I feel Hatsune Miku would ignite the speculation scene just like how Snake, Sonic, Cloud, Joker, and Banjo did along with Steve and Sephiroth and Sora. Hatsune Miku ticks off all of the boxes that we have as a character that is extremely popular, well known, and yet would have the potential to not only surprise people but knock them off their ****ing feet.

443.jpeg

me right now

Last edited by a moderator:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
on miku: I do think the line between miku and clippy js pretty thin but I guess Miku is more known for her super popular video game series. While clippy really only has a couple of game cameos.
That's exactly what I wanted to say, the line is thin but Clippy afaik only appeared in Halo Infinite

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I've got an interesting idea but I don't wanna leave Spyro hanging.. would abyone submit him in my place if I went with a different submission
I still have multiple ideas myself that I'm waiting on to submit, but if you're OK with sharing your second idea, maybe that would increase the chance of someone else submitting that one too?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Clippy does have two video games of his own = Ribbon Hero 2, a tutorial game for Microsoft Office; and X-Tract Paperclip, a self-depricating parody flash game made by Microsoft to advertise his removal. Not exactly Miku's rhythm game legacy but there are games at least. For the Windows franchise as a whole it should probably go without saying how many games are attached. And even then, I don't think Miku is specifically remembered for her games as much as her music videos; fan creations; and synthesizer, though I haven't engaged much with Vocaloid fandom so I wouldn't know for certain

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Clippy does have two video games of his own = Ribbon Hero 2, a tutorial game for Microsoft Office; and X-Tract Paperclip, a self-depricating parody flash game made by Microsoft to advertise his removal. Not exactly Miku's rhythm game legacy but there are games at least. For the Windows franchise as a whole it should probably go without saying how many games are attached. And even then, I don't think Miku is specifically remembered for her games as much as her music videos; fan creations; and synthesizer, though I haven't engaged much with Vocaloid fandom so I wouldn't know for certain
Just searched both games and the first is basically still office and the second is at the level of ****ing play store games, Miku is remembered for her music and fan creations but thats also the case for Touhou which got a character and tho in a different lane with Digimon being more remembered as an anime rather than a game.
Anyways, I still think Clippy would be a good spirit or even a costume someway but as a character? Doesn't have the same gaming wheight as Miku.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I still have multiple ideas myself that I'm waiting on to submit, but if you're OK with sharing your second idea, maybe that would increase the chance of someone else submitting that one too?
Well, the idea was Power Pro-kun from Konami's Power Pro series. It's a baseball game, has a ridiculously long Nintendo legacy, has super deformed characters and even has appeared in a platform fighter before. I dunno why but I love those little guys design. The platform fighter they were in even also had Snake, Simon Belmont, and Bomberman, so it'd be like a reunion

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My late entry and main first party choice
Archeops
This Pokémon debuted in Black and White as one of the fossil Pokémo. I choose this Pokémon because it’s not only part rock type, it’s also a fossil Pokémon, something that has not yet happened in smash.

This Pokémon will use ancient power, dragon breath, wind gusts and rock tomb.

Another reason why is because while Pokémon is very popular, there are certain groups of Pokémon not yet represented, like rock types, fossil Pokémon and gen 5 Pokémon, so Archeops can change it.

Overall, this is why Archeops should join smash.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
So is Virtual Boy still elligable, aside from being a console it made cameo appearances in many different Nintendo games, I will admit that its sorta ambiguous if it fits a job like this, not that I'm going to change it or anything,

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Ok, I have changed my mind. While Bioshock would be a dope af addition to Smash i dont think it has a shot. So I will change my submission to a different surprise character ive submitted before.....

Promotional character

Ok, so I know this one is breaking the rules, but hear me out on this.

My character is:

Unsafe Wiimote Guy!

Why Unsafe Wiimote Guy?

1. He follows the same path as Piranha Plant for a major WTF pick as the promotional character. And personally I think going that route makes a ton of sense. You probably shouldn't put a serious character in this spot business wise when hyping up the base roster or DLC packs would be better spots for them. Instead putting a fun/silly character just as a bonus does 2 things.

First, it doesn't feel like said character is taking a spot up from someone. Getting a joke character in as DLC feels kinda cheap when everyone knows spots are limited as is, so putting someone like Unsafe Wiimote Guy as a extra surprise doesn't feel like you're shorting anyone in that area. And like I said, it's an add on character nobody really expects to get

2. Well..... he's kinda iconic. Yeah sure, maybe not in the conventional sense that someone like Mario, Kratos, or Master Chief is. But if you asked anyone who grew up with the Wii about the safety screen they would instantly know what you're talking about. They'd very likely remember what it consists of as well, which is a man with a wiimote dangerously swinging it around. If someone saw the gameplay parts of the trailer they'd for sure know who exactly it was. And in the end, that's kinda what matters right? Piranha Plant was chosen due to the fact he was both a very well known character but a goofy enough pick that made it so it not being base or DLC didn't lose them anything(Yes, I know she was meant for the base game but wasn't done in time, there's a reason why Plant was the one pushed back over a Ken or Incineroar though).

In conclusion, while Wiimote Saftey Man doesn't fit the requirements above, I think he absolutely deserves a look. The character is absolutely well known. He's better suited to this spot than anything, where being clever is more rewarded than it would be in the DLC or base game, and the reaction to a major WTF pick would be a lot better this time since we didn't have about 500 deconfirmations happen alongside him. Overall, someone like UWMG is exactly the type of pick Nintendo would make here and should be allowed on the ballots.

EDIT: Didn't realize the actual submission process started yet. I'll add some additional sections though

Moveset:
So, what could UWMG's moveset look like? Well, even though it looks like not a ton, there's actually a lot here to use. You see, his moveset could very easily just make up of all the dangerous **** you could possibly do with a wiimote.

Swinging it without the strap, resulting in an accidental throw? Yep!
Knocking objects over on people? Oh yeah
Swinging the nunchuck like a whip? You know it(come on, we all did this when we were younger)

Spinning the wiimote and nunchuk in the air like a propellor? Using it to grab and trip people? Tying someone's legs with it? Really only your imagination is what's limiting you with this character. There's so many ways to improperly use the wiimote and nunchuck that it's more of indictment on someone for not being able to think of anything than it is anything else.

He can also swing his body around unsafe as well. After all, you're supposed to mind the space your in while playing the wii! Examples of this can be throwing his limbs around wildly, imitating the just dancer while a wild spin-a-roonie, swinging the wiimote like a bat in the wii sports baseball game, uppercutting like you're playing bowling, etc. Once again, there's so much here to look at.

On top of that, you could also use the other Wii attachments and accessories unsafely too! The steering wheel, the zapper, the sensor bar, the microphone, the Wii U game pad, maybe the rockband set. All of these used improperly and unsafely of course.
I will explain more when i get to my lunch break

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Hatsune Miku
Yes, while Hatsune Miku is TECHNICALLY not a video game character originally, she did make the move from the Vocaloid industry to gaming in many video games such as Project Diva, Projecy Mirai, and even Idolm@asters which we already have dlc mii costumes. In terms of combat, Hatsune Miku could pull from a variety of attacks by being able to "stich together" music via her neutral special in order to grant her buffs. Seeing as how we have Barista, having a rhythm character again would defeat the purpose of including Barista. Instead, Hatsune Miku is not about keeping the rhythm but finishing the performance. Select a song, complete the song by using the neutral button and then command inputs to complete the song for a much needed buff. In addition, she can utiliize various concepts and imagery found within her music and music videos. Miku would be a nice contrast to Nightmare and SC's dramatic appearance and would be soft and easy to include entry to the rest of our upcoming DLC; both as an early, mid, or even later character if needed.

Hatsune Miku has been a polarizing figure within the Smash community since her conception with her being a near impossible pick that still has a slight margin for success. Including Hatsune Miku wouldn't just surprise everyone, it would literally break the dam wall for furture content in Smash to come. I feel Hatsune Miku would ignite the speculation scene just like how Snake, Sonic, Cloud, Joker, and Banjo did along with Steve and Sephiroth and Sora.

Hatsune Miku ticks off all of the boxes that we have as a character that is extremely popular, well known, and yet would have the potential to not only surprise people but knock them off their ****ing feet. I don't see any character of causing such an impact on the Smash scene as well as the greater gaming communtiy as Hatsune Miku would. The noise would be defeaning EVERYWHERE.

You're not going to submit 2B? All right then...

I'm gonna be honest, I don't think Miku should really count. Her initial software is electronic entertainment, technically, but I don't personally believe that qualifies Vocaloid's software as a video game persay. I think there's gotta, you know, have a game part baked into that software somewhere. Video games are a form of electronic entertainment, but not all electronic entertainment qualifies as a video game. I'd make the same argument if someone submitted Segata Sanshiro.

If we're going to allow Miku, then I think we're opening the door to some dangerously weird territory.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
You're not going to submit 2B? All right then...

I'm gonna be honest, I don't think Miku should really count. Her initial software is electronic entertainment, technically, but I don't personally believe that qualifies Vocaloid's software as a video game persay. I think there's gotta, you know, have a game part baked into that software somewhere. Video games are a form of electronic entertainment, but not all electronic entertainment qualifies as a video game. I'd make the same argument if someone submitted Segata Sanshiro.

If we're going to allow Miku, then I think we're opening the door to some dangerously weird territory.
Would that same logic follow Virtual Boy, I entered it to represent both that era of Nintendo as well as the fad of shoddy video game peripherals of the 90s

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Would that same logic follow Virtual Boy, I entered it to represent both that era of Nintendo as well as the fad of shoddy video game peripherals of the 90s
I have a completely different set of problems with this, not the least of which is the fact that it's not even a robot so making it move and fight is utterly ridiculous. It's not even a character. An item I could maybe see but a character is flat out ridiculous.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Character Job

2B (Nier)

2B Nier Automata.png

2B is the main character of Nier Automata, which has been nominated for and received numerous different awards throughout the industry for its storytelling, music, and game design. As the game is well known and acclaimed, her inclusion would generate tons of excitement among the gaming community as according to the description of the prompt. In addition to the great moveset potential the character would bring, she would also bring an excellent soundtrack and many interesting stage choices. The game was also just announced to receive a Switch port, bringing the series to a Nintendo system for the first time, so now would be the perfect time to capitalize on that.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Even if I love 2B and the idea of her inclussion, I don't think it would be a surprise, it would be someone that most people would expect to see. Maybe if it was previous to the inclusion of her games it would be different.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

chara_173_z.png

The protagonist of the super iconic Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja franchise, Ninja Gaiden. I feel he really should have been in earlier but would be a super pleasing fan pick as there are not much ninja-fighter archetypes in this game. Plus, Ninja Gaiden is one of the few NES/Famicom franchises left to join the roster for the NES/Famicom family to be reunited. Also, Ninja Gaiden was also the true pioneer of the cutscene which has became a modern staple of video games.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

View attachment 357130

The protagonist of the super iconic Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja franchise, Ninja Gaiden. I feel he really should have been in earlier but would be a super pleasing fan pick as there are not much ninja-fighter archetypes in this game. Plus, Ninja Gaiden is one of the few NES/Famicom franchises left to join the roster for the NES/Famicom family to be reunited. Also, Ninja Gaiden was also the true pioneer of the cutscene which has became a modern staple of video games.
Never thought id see the day the character who was "leaked" for every single spot in the fighters pass would be considered a surprise

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

View attachment 357130

Unfortunately I don't think he qualifies since he's not really a "surprising pick" considering his name was thrown around a lot, just like Dante.

Some may think the more lewd factors of 2B hold her back. But we do have Bayo and we did add Mai back in here so..
Really? She's not even that lewd. Lengthen her skirt a bit so she's not showing thights and darken the boob window and I think she's golden.

Miku would be great but honestly I do kind of aggre it might be a bit of a slippery slope.
I actually think Miku would make a great character, but it'd be kind of unfair to give her the exception to the video game rule when there are other characters people are pushing for here. But it's a double-edged sword. If we don't allow Miku in any form, those characters can't be allowed either, and vice versa. It's only fair.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately I don't think he qualifies since he's not really a "surprising pick" considering his name was thrown around a lot, just like Dante.

Really? She's not even that lewd. Lengthen her skirt a bit so she's not showing thights and darken the boob window and I think she's golden.

I actually think Miku would make a great character, but it'd be kind of unfair to give her the exception to the video game rule when there are other characters people are pushing for here. But it's a double-edged sword. If we don't allow Miku in any form, those characters can't be allowed either, and vice versa. It's only fair.
Honestly I don't think she's that lewd. I'm just trying to help the person find reasons to make her eligible lol

I aggre on Miku though.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

View attachment 357130

Super busy atm so yeah Ryu isn’t eligible as he’s notsurprising enough. It’s a surprise he didn’t actually make it in yet. I wanted to let you know so you could make a new submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom