• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok! It’s time to vote for which Pokémon we will be including in our April Direct! We will be voting for our top three favorite submissions for both the Gen 8 Category and Non-Gen 8 Category. Three votes per category so six total. Ranked voting is also active for your first choice gets three points and your last choice gets one point. You may vote for either your second or third choices.

The problem with allowing more than one submission to win is that there are always variables that potentially skew the results . I intend to accept five winners but, if we have a tie, we won’t be doing a tiebreaker and will accept the tied entries. We are pretty low in our Pokémon Pokeball list so intend to fill us up with this

Gen 8 Category

Rillaboom Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Cinderace Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Galarian Meowth Paraster Paraster
Intelleon cashregister9 cashregister9
Falinks BowserKing BowserKing
Urshifu @Jomosenseual
Runerigus Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Dravovish Krookodilian Krookodilian
Dragapult SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
Galarian Mr.Mime @GX

Non-Gen 8 Category

Meowstic
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Ultra Necrozma Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Mega Gardevoir Paraster Paraster
Kecleon cashregister9 cashregister9
Aurorus BowserKing BowserKing
Kartana Jomosensual Jomosensual
Metapod Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Wigglytuff Krookodilian Krookodilian
Torterra SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
Mega Camerupt PeridotGX PeridotGX

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Gen 8:
1. Cinderace
2. Galarian Meowth
3. Rillaboom

Non-gen 8:
1. Wigglytuff
2. Metapod
3. Meowstic

You mean 6 total?
Thanks for the heads up. I added that in plus forgot to mention Ranked Voting.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Gen 8 Category
1. Galarian Mr. Mime
2. Inteleon
3. Runerigus

Non-Gen 8 Category
1. Mega Camerupt
2. Mega Gardevoir
3. Wigglytuff

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Ok! It’s time to vote for which Pokémon we will be including in our April Direct! We will be voting for our top three favorite submissions for both the Gen 8 Category and Non-Gen 8 Category. Three votes per category so six total. Ranked voting is also active for your first choice gets three points and your last choice gets one point

The problem with allowing more than one submission to win is that there are always variables that potentially skew the results . I intend to accept five winners but, if we have a tie, we won’t be doing a tiebreaker and will accept the tied entries. We are pretty low in our Pokémon Pokeball list so intend to fill us up with this

Gen 8 Category

Cinderace @Adria Bette Bromide
Urshifu @Jomosenseual
Galarian Mr.Mime @GX

Non-Gen 8 Category

Meowstic
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Mega Gardevoir Paraster Paraster
Aurorus BowserKing BowserKing
Kartana Jomosensual Jomosensual
Torterra SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
Mega Camerupt PeridotGX PeridotGX
Gen 8
1 Falinks
2. Dragapault
3. Runegriegus

Non 8
1. Kecleon
2.Kartana
3. Torterra

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Urshifu
2. Dragapault
3. Cinderace

1. Metapod
2. Torterra
3. Meowstic

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It appears I forgot to add information regarding voting. I figured that we’ve incorporated this enough that it’s become fairly common knowledge. Please check the update post to ensure that your voting is accurate.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Voting for Dracovish, Falinks and Galarian Mr.Mime for Galar Pokémon and Meowstic, Aurorus and Torterra for other Pokémon

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Gen VIII
1. Cinderace
2. Rillaboom
3. Dragapult

Other Gens
1. Ultra Necrozma
2. Torterra
3. Mega Camerupt

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Dracovish
2. Galarian Meowth
3. Falinks

1. Ultra Necrozma
2. Kecleon
3. Kartana

cashregister9

Smash Hero
If Wigglytuff makes the cut, I think it's only fair if we hold a poll on whether he should be an AT or Poke Ball. I'm on team AT myself.
I mean it wouldn't be fair, Why would Wigglytuff get special treatment when the dozens of other Poke Ball Pokemon wouldn't, we also only have so many Assist slots.

Mystery Dungeon is still Pokemon.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I mean it wouldn't be fair, Why would Wigglytuff get special treatment when the dozens of other Poke Ball Pokemon wouldn't, we also only have so many Assist slots.

Yeah, but Pokeballs don't exist in the Mystery Dungeon universe - and frankly the implications of a fully sapient PMD Pokemon from a human-less world coming out of a Pokeball is a little disturbing. This would be equivalent to having Todd Snap or Lucy Fleetfoot come out of a Poke Ball.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Yeah, but Pokeballs don't exist in the Mystery Dungeon universe - and frankly the implications of a fully sapient PMD Pokemon from a human-less world coming out of a Pokeball is a little disturbing. This would be equivalent to having Todd Snap or Lucy Fleetfoot come out of a Poke Ball.
I get your point, and I would agree if Wigglytuff was a character that only existed in the Mystery Dungeon Universe, But they don't and that is where my reservations come in.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

it wouldn't have to be unfair. just deduct one slot from the Pokeball pool and add a slot to the AT pool. Nothing really changes, except a unique individual isn't presented as a generic.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Gen 8:
1. Intellion
2. Dragapult
3. Dracovish

Earlier Gens:
1. Metapod
2. Mega Gardevoir
3. Torterra

I think that I would say I'm against Wigglytuff being an Assist Trophy, mostly because I have the perfect idea for a Pokemon Assist Trophy.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Voting will close in just a little bit. Please post your votes prior to closing.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The voting for Pokémon Poké Balls are now closed!

We had tons of submissions and seeing the votes poor in was great! I was expecting to varied results but it was pretty close for some of them! As I said before, I intend to include five Pokémon from each category while also including them in there was a tie. I still stand by that statement but, well, the results should speak for themselves.

Let’s start from the Category 2, Non-Gen 8 Pokémon first. We will be including the following:

Meowstic Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku

This was pretty easy to decide as we didn’t have any notable ties to deal with. Category 1 was a different story:

Category 1, the Gen 8 Pokémon, we will be including the following:

Cinderace Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide

I intended to include the top five voted Pokemon and resolved to include Pokemon who ended up in a tie like Dravovish and Dragapult did for Number 1. However, the fifth place (6 votes) were split between five Pokémon and I can’t in good conscious justify adding five additional Pokémon in the Direct. Especially given we’ve tried to be as realistic as possible with some editions. That being said, I’m going to have to use a tiebreaker for the last spot. This also gives us a chance to add one of the following:
  • complete the starter trio by adding in Rillaboom
  • add in another Galarian form
  • add in a Pokémon who has a new evolution form in Pokemon Sw/Sh
  • add in a Isle of Armor rep

We have the following Pokémon to vote on for the fifth place

Urshifu @Jomosenseual
Galarian Mr.Mime PeridotGX PeridotGX

I apologize for this and that’s one of the risks with saying you intend to include anything other than first place. You can find this in the poll above the thread.

Second Pokémon stage voting decision

Additionally, I create a Strawpoll to decide if we need to add a second Pokémon stage based on the main series games. The main intention of this is to decide if we will add stages from generations like 2, 3 or 8.

Finally,
Job #98: Submit a Pokémon Mii Costume

Up until now, we’ve had Pokemon Mii costumes based on human characters like Rocket Grunt, Ball Guy, and the Pokémon Trainer. To go with the Pokémon content in the Direct, we will including Mii Costumes based on actual Pokémon. Here are some “rules”:
  • it can be a full costume or just a hat
  • it can be based on a current playable Pokémon in the roster
  • it can be based on a current Pokeball Pokemon including those we included today
  • it can include regional forms and Mega Evolutions
  • it can’t include alternate forms of Pokémon (Pikachu Libre, Ash-Greninja, etc)
  • it can’t include Pokemon unique to the anime or manga

When submitting, please indicate which Mii Fighter it is for or if it’s a hat, why it should be included, and any other particular noteworthy details like what kind of weapon the Swordfighter uses or the arm cannon for the Mii Gunner.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Still no Mega Evolutions in Poke Balls? Dammit. (At least we got a Z-Move...)

Anyway, here's my Pokemon Mii Costume:
1620144504326.png

A Mii Gunner based on Roserade. Hat is a full-head mask, and the hands (including the arm cannon) are large roses.
(A Brawler version might also work; would fit Roserade's speed better but not its Sp.Atk preference. Genuinely can't decide...)

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
A Mii Brawler based on Roserade.
Funnily enough there's an already established character who cosplay as Roserade

It's Rosie from Battle Revolution! idk if that design is similar in your mind but we can use that as a visual example​

Anyways, here's mine..

Hawlucha
(Mii Brawler)

The mii itself will mostly looked like a typical luchador costume which is the inspiration for Hawlucha themselves and really, you can just slap the Hawlucha model itself and added more details without altering anything and it just look as natural.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job 93: Mr. Mime
892E1382-4529-4962-90AB-F6A677F17E69.jpeg

Mr. Mime would join Smash as Mii Fighter! Mr. Mime would be a Mii Brawler. A normal outfit could work, but I personally would go for a Deluxe Mii Outfit. I chose Mr. Mime as he is one of the most iconic Pokemon there is, as he was featured in countless of advertising, as well as the anime. Mr. Mime even has his own Wikipedia page!

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Job 93: Croagunk

1620146950499.png

This Pokémon is willing to join the battle as a Mii Costume. It will be for the Mii Brawler and it comes in both hat and suit, ready for a fight. It’s hat will be the head of it.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job #98: Aegislash Armor
While I do want Galarian Slowbro to get in as a Mii Gunner, this was too cool of an opportunity for me to pass up. The design wouldn't have to be exactly like this mockup I found on google images, but the idea is that you use Aegislash as a sword, with the shield in the other arm. Aegislash's face/eye would also cover up your face as a headpiece. Aegislash broke the competitive game, was included a fighter in Pokken, and was also the only non pokeball non legendary kalos mon to be included as a spirit, so a potential inclusion as a mii costume is warranted.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 98:

Kartana - Mii Swordfighter(Yep submitting him again because I love it so much)

Kartana would obviously be a Mii Swordfighter. The costume would look a lot like the Pokemon's body, with the print on it's legs and arms being the clothing. The hat would be it's head, although it would just act as a regular hat over it being a deluxe costume. However, the special part of this costume would be that it turns the mii fighter 2d to more closely resemble Kartana's body

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 98:

Kartana - Mii Swordfighter(Yep submitting him again because I love it so much)

Kartana would obviously be a Mii Swordfighter. The costume would look a lot like the Pokemon's body, with the print on it's legs and arms being the clothing. The hat would be it's head, although it would just act as a regular hat over it being a deluxe costume. However, the special part of this costume would be that it turns the mii fighter 2d to more closely resemble Kartana's body
What would it use as a sword?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Welp, I spent fifteen minutes on a Machamp mii submission, but then I realized "wait...wouldn't his first form be way more natural on a Mii?
Enter Machoke.
Job 98: Machop (Mii Brawler)

Machoke would be a deluxe Mii Brawler outfit-covering the wearer's face with a full helmet. He may not be as popular as Machamp, but he's still well liked and fits way better as a costume. Also he's cute.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Welp, I spent fifteen minutes on a Machamp mii submission, but then I realized "wait...wouldn't his first form be way more natural on a Mii?
Enter Machoke.
Job 98: Machoke (Mii Brawler)

Machoke would be a deluxe Mii Brawler outfit-covering the wearer's face with a full helmet. He may not be as popular as Machamp, but he's still well liked and fits way better as a costume. Also he's cute.
I love this.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 98

Sawk And Throh

They would be Brawler costumes, you toggle between Sawk and Throh via Color, Cool colors are Sawk, Warm Colors are Throh.

Proportions aren't exact, Some creative liberties would have to be taken.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #98: Magikarp (Head Piece)
1620163079204.png

When I was thinking of a Pokémon to use, I asked myself the question "which Pokémon is really popular but just isn't in, and they being left out feels weird" and the answer lead me to
Magikarp. Being known as one of the most useless but still popular Pokémon, it got figures (I actually own a Magikarp figure, it's this one), and an entire mobile game; so the spot for a Pokéball Pokémon that does nothing practical and just splashes around being given to Goldeen just feels weird, but with this head piece Magikarp will finally get some of the recognition they deserve(?).

Rough estimate of what the head piece would look like

1620163367744.png
1620163382162.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom