• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Thank you everyone for submissions! So far we have:

• Portrait of a Friend
  • Icon of Sin Animatronic
  • Preator Armor (renamed from Doomslayer Armor)
  • Toy Shelf
  • Doom Marine

I will also submit Doom Marine

This is a gif of the Doom Marine which changes to looking to the right or to the left and acts as a portrait. There isn't a blood aspect to it.

We will be conducting two new jobs....

Submit a Name for the Doom Bundle

Pretty self expalnatory. Try to convey the enviroment that is Doom in the title.

Submit a Spirit Event using Launch Spirits

Sometimes I come up with Spirit Events for us but this time we will submit Spirit Event themes to base our Spirit submissions on. These are for only LAUNCH spirits.​
I'm guessing the Id Computer wasn't elegible

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry everyone. I know it's been a rather long time since we opened submissions. I will also be submitting a Bundle Name plus Spirit Event:

The Smash Slayer

Spirit Event:

Beastly Beast Battles

All Spirits are based on animals, monsters, and creatures to typically fight with primordial attacks such as talons and fangs.

Here are the submissions for Title as well as Spirit Event!

Doom Bundle Name:
"Thy Smash Ball Subsumed" Bundle (Based on Episode IV of Doom, called Thy Flesh Consumed)

Launch Spirit Event: A Bit Of the Ol' Fisticuffs!
Every Spirit in this event comes from fighting games or have made appearances in fighting games.
I wanted to submit "Daddy, can I play?" to reference the irony of Doomguy in an E10+ game, but turns out that's from Wolfenstein, not Doom

Spirit submission: Promo Panic!
Spirits that have been promoted to a higher status in some form during DLC.
Title:
  • Thy Smash Ball Subsumed
  • The Smash Slayer
Spirit Event
  • Promo Panic!
  • Beastly Beast Battles

GolisoPower GolisoPower

I am so sorry but I only could get to this now but we already have a Spirit based on fighting games. This was submitted a while back by Infinity Sorceror

PLEASE USE HERE TO VOTE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi everyone. So many have noticed that I’ve slowed down considerably. I wish I could dedicate enough time to the project but there’s a reason why we’ve slowed down. Actually a few reasons.

I do enjoy the project but I’m fatigued. This fatigue isn’t due to the project though but rather life in general. As some of you know, I’ve been in a transition of sorts with lots of changes the past year and a half without any sort of resolvement. It’s more or less a continuous trend. I’m barely keeping myself balanced and my head above the water so any free time I have is being spent doing other things: being with family, studying, prepping for work, etc. This past few weeks was my first in trying to balance a 98-hour work week. This is spread out between my four current jobs. I’m not sure if I will (or can) continue this but we need the money so I’m biting the bullet and spending most of my time at work. This is actually my first Saturday off in months. I still want to continue working on this and pushing us forward but when I get home after a 18 hour work day and only 45 minutes of it with my family; all I want to do is go to bed. I wish I was lying about this but my typical workday is 6 am to 4:30/5:00 pm and then 6 to 11 pm; everyday plus couple hours of online work during the weekend in the morning followed by 3 - 11 pm workday Saturday and Sunday.

We have three more charqcters to add plus various Sprite events, tournaments, one more dlc stage, two more music dlc, and various other things sprinkled around. I don’t ask for much (well, I do) from the thread But I do ask people to be patient with me and understanding if I fall off the radar every few days. I’ll try to move us forward as much as I can.

I meant to post this last night but I fell asleep at the computer after I made my previous post.

Submit an Online Tournament

We will be submitting for an Online Tournament. We can add dlc content but the focus should be on launch content (so no Season 1 focused tournament). When submitting, ibeiciate the name, it’s theme, which characters, stages, and items that appear.

Secondly, I’m going to go back into time and do something I should of included in Season 1 and that’s free SmashSpace Content.

Appearing in Season 1…

Submit Summer-Themed SmashSpace Content

This would be a free update for everyone and instantly accessible once SmashSpace is started up. This includes Summer-themed content for people to get their summer started in the right direction. Seeing as how Infinite was released late fall, this won’t be the first free update but since we just finished summer, I feel it’s appropriate.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
That must be rough. I hope you manage well in life. Not sure if there is anyone else you think they should lend a hand but is that a possibility?
There used to be a team of executive assistants during the base game that handled jobs sometimes but they either don't frequent this thread very often anymore or stopped visiting Smashboards altogether.

I'd imagine they got busy with life as well, and obviously they're not obligated to continue on this thread if they don't want to, but as the userbase on this thread has changed drastically throughout its lifespan, if we ever decide to use that system again, it's really a matter of both who has the free time and who we (mostly Venus) actually trusts to be able to run the thread competently when he's busy.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
it’s alright. It just might take a bit to have us move forward than previously. Then my job that I had last year is FAR busier with more responsibility which is nice but I hardly have time to plan and prep. And so, instead of being able to stay later to do that prep or do the prep at home, I have to go into my second job. My family wants me to stop it by the end of this month but I’m giving it until the end of October.

So as for SmashSpace content, we will be doing a series of jobs that focuses on adding free add-on SmashSpace. I intend to do a series of jobs that incorporates various content that would be a free update that spans between the three seasons. I don’t want it to get stale but I hope people participate.

Also, Online Tournaments are listed on the front page under DLC

My Online Tournament: Project SmashX Zone

Fighters:
:ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken: Jill, Leon, Phoenix, :ultsonic:Dr. Eggman,:ultjoker::ultbayonetta:, Sakura,:ultpacman::ultkazuya:, Agumon, Lloyd, Nightmare,:ultlucina::ultpyra::ultmythra:,:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter: (Capcom, Bamco, and Sega only costumes)

Stages: All Capcom, Sega, and Namco Stages

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Pull The Trigger

A tournament involving characters using firearms or modern projectile weapons.

1. Fighters:
    1. :ultsamus:
    2. :ultdarksamus:
    3. :ultfox:
    4. :ultfalco:
    5. :ultzss:
    6. :ultsnake:
    7. :ultwolf:
    8. :ultmegaman:
    9. :ultbowserjr:
    10. :ultduckhunt:
    11. :ultbayonetta:
    12. :ultinkling:
    13. :ultjoker:
    14. :ultminmin
    15. Octoling
    16. Jill
    17. Leon
    18. DJ Octavio
    19. Officer Howard
    20. Dr. Eggman
    21. Sami
    22. Lara
    23. Geno
    24. Ratchet & Clank
    25. Doom Slayer
  2. Stages:
    1. Burenia
    2. Deepsea Metro
    3. Nintendo Land
    4. Central Highway
    5. Raccoon City
    6. Crossfire
    7. Croft Manor Catacombs
    8. Forest Maze
    9. Tobruk Crater
    10. Mars
    11. Corneria
    12. Venom
    13. Brinstar
    14. Brinstar Depths
    15. Norfair
    16. Frigate Orpheon
    17. Lylat Cruise
    18. Shadow Moses Island
    19. Duck Hunt
    20. Wily Castle
    21. Umbra Clock Tower
    22. Moray Towers
    23. Mementos
    24. Spring Stadium
Items will be either shooting items or items that hail from the franchises of the characters listed.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
They weren’t playable characters in any pxz game
:ultchrom: was playable in PxZ2 alongside :ultlucina:. And since we're including the :ultpyra::ultmythra: duo (presumably because of the connection between Monolith Soft and Namco and the extensive history of the Xeno series in PxZ), we might as well include :ultshulk:, since it was a XB1 character that was playable in PxZ2 alongside the FE characters.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
:ultchrom: was playable in PxZ2 alongside :ultlucina:. And since we're including the :ultpyra::ultmythra: duo (presumably because of the connection between Monolith Soft and Namco), we might as well include :ultshulk:, since it was a XB1 character that was playable in PxZ2 alongside the FE characters.
I’m just adding one representative for the two series since the main focus is on Capcom/Sega/Namco

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Online Tournament: King of the Rock
Straight from Melee's manual comes the classic semi-official game mode, King of the Rock!

Fighters:
  1. All
Stages:
  1. Kongo Falls Melee
Items:
  1. None
Rules:
  1. Everyone spawns on the rock
  2. whoever is on it at the end of a minute and 30 seconds wins.
  3. If multiple players are on the rock at once, it will instead be judged by who got on it first.
  4. If nobody is on the rock, a standard sudden death match is played
  5. 3 player free for all

Last edited:
Online tournament submission:
Nintendo Entertainment Smash
Theme: Characters who debuted on NES/Famicom:

Fighters:
1. Peach
2. Bowser
3. Piranha Plant
4. Link
5. Zelda
6. Samus
7. Ridley
8. R.O.B.
9. Duck Hunt duo
10. Takamaru
11. Pit
12. Palutena
13. Marth
14. Megaman
15. Simon Belmont
16. Meta Knight
17. Dr. Mario
18. Medusa
19. Ice Climbers (technically)

Items: Assist Trophy, Anti-assist trophy, Smash ball, fake Smash ball and items based on those properties.

Stages:
1. Mushroomy Kingdom (It's based on NES SMB)
2. Mushroom Kingdom 64
3. Brinstar Depths
4. Gyromite
5. Duck Hunt stage
6. Murasame Castle
7. Skyworld
8. Dracula's castle
9. Wily's Castle
10. Summit
11. Dr. Mario stage

Assist trophies:
All based on those properties mentioned above + Devil (Devil's world), Ayumi Tachibana, Mike Jones, Sukapon and etc.

(Even if it's similar to 80's tourney, it only focuses on NES/Famicom based content)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting for both DOomslayer Bundle and the Spirit Event:

NameTotal
Thy Smash Ball Subsumed
The Smash Slayer2

Spirit Event

NameTotal
Promo Panic!2
Beastly Beast Battles4

We will be going with Thy Smash Ball Subsumed for our Doom pack and we will be submitting Spirits for the Beastly Beast Battle Spirit Event which will occur later today.

As for Summer-themed SmashSpace Content, here are my submissions:

Beach Towel Decoration (Laid on the floor)
Surf Board Decoration
Iced Lemonade Drink
Beach Vollyeball (Interacting with it causes the ball to move to another area)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Summer SmashSpace Content:
1662314573541.png

Suikawari:
A localized minigame where you are guided by an outside voice to smash a watermelon with a club while blindfolded. A common summer game in Japan. In the SmashSpace, you'll find a single watermelon along with a club and a blindfold. Interact with it and you can guide your character to smash the watermelon with the club.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry everyone. Very quick update. Beast Beast Battle Spirit submissions are open. These are spirits related to animals, creatures, and monsters who uses primal attacks like fangs and claws. Could someone post a link to the Spirits page on the wikia? Please and thank you.

You may submit up to 5 spirits.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Summer SmashSpace Content:
View attachment 360233
Suikawari:
A localized minigame where you are guided by an outside voice to smash a watermelon with a club while blindfolded. A common summer game in Japan. In the SmashSpace, you'll find a single watermelon along with a club and a blindfold. Interact with it and you can guide your character to smash the watermelon with the club.
Can confirm this is a lot of fun to do.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our Online TOurniea!

it’s alright. It just might take a bit to have us move forward than previously. Then my job that I had last year is FAR busier with more responsibility which is nice but I hardly have time to plan and prep. And so, instead of being able to stay later to do that prep or do the prep at home, I have to go into my second job. My family wants me to stop it by the end of this month but I’m giving it until the end of October.

So as for SmashSpace content, we will be doing a series of jobs that focuses on adding free add-on SmashSpace. I intend to do a series of jobs that incorporates various content that would be a free update that spans between the three seasons. I don’t want it to get stale but I hope people participate.

Also, Online Tournaments are listed on the front page under DLC

My Online Tournament: Project SmashX Zone

Fighters:
:ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken: Jill, Leon, Phoenix, :ultsonic:Dr. Eggman,:ultjoker::ultbayonetta:, Sakura,:ultpacman::ultkazuya:, Agumon, Lloyd, Nightmare,:ultlucina::ultpyra::ultmythra:,:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter: (Capcom, Bamco, and Sega only costumes)

Stages: All Capcom, Sega, and Namco Stages
Pull The Trigger

A tournament involving characters using firearms or modern projectile weapons.

1. Fighters:
    1. :ultsamus:
    2. :ultdarksamus:
    3. :ultfox:
    4. :ultfalco:
    5. :ultzss:
    6. :ultsnake:
    7. :ultwolf:
    8. :ultmegaman:
    9. :ultbowserjr:
    10. :ultduckhunt:
    11. :ultbayonetta:
    12. :ultinkling:
    13. :ultjoker:
    14. :ultminmin
    15. Octoling
    16. Jill
    17. Leon
    18. DJ Octavio
    19. Officer Howard
    20. Dr. Eggman
    21. Sami
    22. Lara
    23. Geno
    24. Ratchet & Clank
    25. Doom Slayer
  2. Stages:
    1. Burenia
    2. Deepsea Metro
    3. Nintendo Land
    4. Central Highway
    5. Raccoon City
    6. Crossfire
    7. Croft Manor Catacombs
    8. Forest Maze
    9. Tobruk Crater
    10. Mars
    11. Corneria
    12. Venom
    13. Brinstar
    14. Brinstar Depths
    15. Norfair
    16. Frigate Orpheon
    17. Lylat Cruise
    18. Shadow Moses Island
    19. Duck Hunt
    20. Wily Castle
    21. Umbra Clock Tower
    22. Moray Towers
    23. Mementos
    24. Spring Stadium
Items will be either shooting items or items that hail from the franchises of the characters listed.
Online Tournament: King of the Rock
Straight from Melee's manual comes the classic semi-official game mode, King of the Rock!

Fighters:
  1. All
Stages:
  1. Kongo Falls Melee
Items:
  1. None
Rules:
  1. Everyone spawns on the rock
  2. whoever is on it at the end of a minute and 30 seconds wins.
  3. If multiple players are on the rock at once, it will instead be judged by who got on it first.
  4. If nobody is on the rock, a standard sudden death match is played
  5. 3 player free for all
Online tournament submission:
Nintendo Entertainment Smash
Theme: Characters who debuted on NES/Famicom:

Fighters:
1. Peach
2. Bowser
3. Piranha Plant
4. Link
5. Zelda
6. Samus
7. Ridley
8. R.O.B.
9. Duck Hunt duo
10. Takamaru
11. Pit
12. Palutena
13. Marth
14. Megaman
15. Simon Belmont
16. Meta Knight
17. Dr. Mario
18. Medusa
19. Ice Climbers (technically)

Items: Assist Trophy, Anti-assist trophy, Smash ball, fake Smash ball and items based on those properties.

Stages:
1. Mushroomy Kingdom (It's based on NES SMB)
2. Mushroom Kingdom 64
3. Brinstar Depths
4. Gyromite
5. Duck Hunt stage
6. Murasame Castle
7. Skyworld
8. Dracula's castle
9. Wily's Castle
10. Summit
11. Dr. Mario stage

Assist trophies:
All based on those properties mentioned above + Devil (Devil's world), Ayumi Tachibana, Mike Jones, Sukapon and etc.

(Even if it's similar to 80's tourney, it only focuses on NES/Famicom based content)
  • Project SmashX Zone (Capcom vs Sega vs Namco
  • Pull the Trigger (Shooters)
  • Nintendo Entertainment Smash (Based on NES properties)
  • King of the Rock
PlwSe go here to vote

GolisoPower

Smash Master
  1. Diamond Dog (EarthBound)
  2. Iridescent Glint Beetle (Pikmin)
  3. Mountain Roc (Golden Sun)
  4. Red XIII (Final Fantasy)
  5. Great Sabrecub (Dragon Quest)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will still be submitting content for our Spirit Event.

That being said….

Here is our Surprise Content!

We will be creating an Echo Pack!

This echo pack will occur during three times throughout our three seasons and will contain two characters each. It can either be two first parties a mix, or two third parties. That being said, while I am not doing to dictate what kind we will have our the first season, I may have to do that later.

This Echo Pack will be for Season 1 and will occur between Phoenix and Sakura. It might be important to note that technically this season doesn’t have any first party characters so it would be a food idea to go this route for season 1 echoes.

Please submit one charqcter and a write up why this character is deserving of being included as a DLC echo. The following franchises are banned from having an Echo:
  • Kirby
  • Zelda
  • Kid Icarus
  • Resident Evil
  • Donkey Kong
  • Pac-Man
  • Splatoon

Plus any DLC franchises we have included. Please note that included an echo during this time will result in that franchise being unable to have a newcomer dlc in later seasons (our final 3 in Season 3).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch
Pit and ROB
Little Mac and Duck Hunt
Uhhh... K. Rool and Banjo??
Takamaru and...

The Amazon Bites Back! (Pro Wrestling)
The Amazon would be Incineroar's echo fighter, a swamp monster heel with an irresistable appetite for victory! Despite being from a different series, none of Incineroar's moves would be that OOC for The Amazon as he doesn't use any cat-themed moves and his few fire moves could be rethemed to noxious swamp gasses. The Amazon's Piranha Bite and Outlaw Choke signature moves don't exactly have equivalents in Incineroar, so Amazon would likely be more on the Chrom side than Dark Samus.

While maybe not popular to today's Nintendo fandom, The Amazon is a beloved character to 80s kids and wrestling-crazy gamers. Homebrew action figures of Pro Wrestling's lineup are not at all an uncommon sight in custom wrestling toy communities, and seeing this notorious heel bite back - especially in a fight with Little Mac - would make the Smashers of Gen X very pleased. Now, those "Literally WHO?" responses from the Wii generation? He is a heel, that's what he wants.

We could portray The Amazon as a guy in a suit, but I personally prefer to have him as a real, oozing swamp creature
also if someone could submit paula that'd be pretty rad

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I Will submit Jin Kazama has Kazuya's echo while they dont have the exact moves in their source material they are similar enough to use most of their moveset in the game without feeling unecessary weird. I could list some small diference that each other could have but I will do it later.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
download (2).jpeg

Raichu (Pikachu)
I think Raichu would be a perfect echo fighter of Pikachu. He would be slower, heavier, but more powerful and would use other moves Pikachu can learn. Since Raichu cant learns any moves by lever up when evolving I think having him be an echo fighter would be the best choice and let Raichu get some more love.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
1662482398897.png

Metal Sonic can be a echo fighter for Sonic himself which have him play a more heavier moveset compared to Sonic’s but he would play pretty similar but quite a bit more deadlier.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1662483151798.png
1662483049561.png

Riku (Sora Echo)
Sora's life-long friend and rival, Riku can be considered the Shadow to Sora's Sonic, the Vergil to his Dante, the V2 to his V1. In Smash, Riku possesses similar abilities, but is heavier and deals harder-hitting Keyblade strikes. He also gains different Keyblades based on his costume: For example: his KH1 appearance, which serves as his Default, possesses the Soul Eater Keyblade, while one of his alts, the KH3 appearance, uses the Braveheart.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Roxas /Xion(Sora Echo)

KH2 amd 358/2 Spoilers ahead!

Roxas is Sora's Nobody, Due to being a literal clone of Sora, Roxas uses many of sora's moves. but Roxas also has a few unique moves that can be used. Xion is another clone of sora but modeled after Kairi, Xion much like Roxas shares moves with Sora. This would be a Male/Female Robin/Corrin/Byleth situation with the alts.

Last edited:
Echo fighter submission:
Jeanne (Bayonetta) ( Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom resubmission)
1662484990276.png
Jeanne is a character from Bayonetta series and she is a Bayonetta's best friend and rival. She was former heiress of Umbra, who was just like Bayonetta. As for her arsenal, she uses guns.
While in the game, when she was a child, she sealed Bayo for 100 years, and after 100 of her absence, she revealed to be captured by Baldur's forces and she was rescued by Bayonetta.
She could be another Bayonetta rep that would fit in the game as an echo fighter for Bayonetta.

She would be lighter than Bayonetta, but faster and she jumps higher than her. Her unique side special is Alruna whip, where she whips characters from far range with high damage. Her new final smash is Madame Butterfly, where she summons Madame and she throws huge punches and kicks at enemy that could instantly KO the opponent.

She would be an obvious choice for Bayonetta's echo, since they are both similar in terms of their moveset. She would be stronger Bayo clone and she would jump higher than Bayonetta. Also she is one of popular Bayonetta characters after Bayonetta/Cereza herself.
(She would have Bayonetta 1 and 2 designs as her alts just like her friend Bayonetta)

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Echo Pack Fighter - Rock Howard

Rock Howard is one of the main protagonists from SNK's Fatal Fury series, who first appeared in Fatal Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory, which was released for their Neo-Geo arcade system in March 27th, 1995, before making his playable debut in Garou: Mark of the Wolves four years later. He is the biological son of Geese Howard, who be-friended his arch-enemy Terry Bogard, having hated his father since he refused to help his ill mother who later apparently deceased, and Terry taking care of him under his wing since having defeated Geese once and for all in Real Bout Fatal Fury. Ten years later, Rock has grown to be a formidable fighter and joined the Maximum Mayhem tournament shortly after Second Southtown was established to search for his purpose in life, while facing off the host and his uncle, Kain R. Heinlein.

Lately, after like over twenty years since Garou's release, the last month in EVO 2022, SNK has finally announced a new mainline Fatal Fury installment, which is specifically said, the long-awaited sequel of Garou: Mark of the Wolves (considering it's cliff-hanger ending). And let me tell you guys, everyone in the crowd were very excited about this, even Maximilian Dood himself. This would make Rock feel kind of like a shill pick, besides his recent relevance as the leader of Team Garou alongside Gato and B. Jenet, the first DLC team released for The King of Fighters XV earlier this year.

I know that the last time this was suggested didn't go quite well, but listen out. While he was listed as Ryu's Echo Fighter with variable differences in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Ken did have moves of his own (as noted in normals, throws and Final Smashes) while still sharing some of those from his long-time friend's since the original 1987 arcade game. In the Fatal Fury series, Terry has taught Rock fighting for years after his father's demise with some of their moves being actually a bit identical to each other's. His in-universe nickname was "The Wolf's Pedigree", after all. Besides his own animations such as taunts and victory poses, some adjusted statistics (like how Ken is faster than Ryu) and maybe even a potential victory theme:
  • Like how Ken has Hell Wheel as his Back Throw, Rock's Down Throw will be Shinkuu Nage which involves him tossing the opponent high into the air. If the player holds a special button during this, Rock will follow up with Rasetsu, where he then blasts them away with a blue fiery blast from his hand.
  • Power Wave = Reppuken (holding the button allows Rock to perform Double Reppuken as a "strong" variant, with the aerial version being used as a close-ranged burst similarly to it)
  • Burning Knuckle = Hard Edge
  • Rock's Back Special will be Rage Run, which involves him running forward and phasing through opponents with Type Shift. Pressing the special button again will make Rock perform a Power Dunk-like attack as he hops while dashing with Type Dunk.
    • Alternatively, Rock will instead use his T.O.P. skill from Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Overhead Kick, which has him performing an aerial back-flip kick that hits overhead. Pretty much closer to Crack Shoot, and was seemingly the inspiration behind Terry's Up Air in Ultimate.
  • Rock definitely keeps the Rising Tackle, working exactly the same as Terry's.
  • Power Dunk is replaced with Crack Counter, which involves Rock performing a Crack Shoot-like overhead axe kick when an opponent's attack connects against him.
    • Otherwise, if we do keep Rage Run, it would be like swapping Crack Shoot and Power Dunk's original special inputs (being honest, before Sakurai's presentation stream, I always thought Crack Shoot would be Terry's Down Special).
  • Raging Storm is pretty much like Power Geyser, except that it is more vertical rather than being diagonal. Shine Knuckle is almost identical to Terry's Buster Wolf, except that instead of a second blow/punch, Rock will do an elbow attack and follow up with a powerful Rising Tackle.
  • Rock's Final Smash, NEO Deadly Rave, replaces Triple Geyser with him starting by lunging forward. If he hits a single opponent, Rock will spread out a pair of blue wings made of ki and perform a powerful combo before finishing off with an explosive blow of blue energy.
These two things below, a YouTube video explaining how Rock would work as a Echo Fighter for Terry and my friend Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's moveset from a Bonus DLC creation thread, can be seen as examples here:

Alright, it's time to Rock! (incredible lame pun moment)

ROCK HOWARD
Rock would be lighter and faster than Terry, but at the same time quite weaker. Rock's throws would be different to Terry even if shares the same attributes (with the exception of his down throw that would be replaced with Shinkuu Nage). For the rest:
Neutral Special: Reppuken/Double Reppuken
Rock's version of the Power Wave, Double Reppuken works like Strong Power Wave. In the air the move is similar to Terry but in blue.
Forward Special: Hard Edge
Rock's version of the Burning Knuckle, unlike Terry it hits two times, in the original games this move was a QCB input put here will be changed to a QCF input to be more similar to Terry's input (Burn Knuckle also doesn't have a QCF input in the original games anyway).

This isn't Overhead Kick but I didn't find any gif of his T.O.P. attack.
Back Special: Overhead Kick
Rock's version of the Crack Shot, has the name indicates is an overhead attack, the input is QCB even if, again, isn't the original input.
Up Special: Rising Tackle
Exactly the same has Terry, it has the same charged input too.
Down Special: Crack Counter
Rock's only different special to Terry, it's a counter attack where after hit Rock counterattacks with a similar attack to Crack Shot. The input version is DP + Attack Button being faster, having more active frames and dealing a backwards kick after the first one (just like his EX Crack Counter).
Super Special Move 1: Raging Storm
Rock's version of the Power Geyser being a powerful anti aerial with the difference that Rock's is completely vertical in comparison to the diagonal geyser and it also hits behind Rock. Rock can also charge the move to deal more damage. The input is also different being QCFQCF + Attack button (same has Buster Wolf)
Super Special Move 2: Shine Knuckle
Rock's version of the Buster Wolf, instead of a huge explosive blow Rock does an elbow attack followed by a super Rising Tackle. The input is QCBQCB + Attack Button.
Final Smash: NEO Deadly Rave
Rock lunges forward and if hits he teleports the first hitted foe to a cinematic where he does a pose spreading a pair of blue wings made of ki and proceding to make a powerful combo finishing with an explosive blow.

Finally, Rock's Victory Poses and Victory Theme are different.
Victory Theme: Victory Message from Garou.
Victory Poses:
  • Rock gives the back to the camera and spread a pair of wings made of blue ki.
  • Rock takes of his jacket and tosses it in front of him, this victory is always used when Rock wins a match using Shine Knuckle
  • Rock infuse his hand in ki while his eye glows but he gets exhausted quickly saying "Why my evil blood boils?", this victory is always used when Rock wins a match using either Raging Storm or his Final Smash.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
View attachment 360410View attachment 360409
Riku (Sora Echo)
Sora's life-long friend and rival, Riku can be considered the Shadow to Sora's Sonic, the Vergil to his Dante, the V2 to his V1. In Smash, Riku possesses similar abilities, but is heavier and deals harder-hitting Keyblade strikes. He also gains different Keyblades based on his costume: For example: his KH1 appearance, which serves as his Default, possesses the Soul Eater Keyblade, while one of his alts, the KH3 appearance, uses the Braveheart.
Hi resident KH expert here.

Riku and Sora's fighting styles are literally nothing alike. This would be a complete betrayal of his character.

Roxas /Xion(Sora Echo)

KH2 amd 358/2 Spoilers ahead!

Roxas is Sora's Nobody, Due to being a literal clone of Sora, Roxas uses many of sora's moves. but Roxas also has a few unique moves that can be used. Xion is another clone of sora but modeled after Kairi, Xion much like Roxas shares moves with Sora. This would be a Male/Female Robin/Corrin/Byleth situation with the alts.
Following off of that, this is a much better echo for Sora, though admittedly Roxas becomes less and less like Sora the longer he's around, though for Days Roxas specifically this would make a lot of sense; personally, I think he should also have both his Organization coat and casual clothes as options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom