• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to burst your bubble, but Venus confirmed that there wouldn't be another indie rep in this pass after Zagreus. (I do want another indie character though, so hopefully next pass)
Yeah and I don't think we're gonna get Microcomputer rep. I believe that Microcomputer games are unpopular in Japan, which it makes it more harder to join.

D

Deleted member

I could have misread this, but western characters are out for the rest of the pass, aren't they?

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Zagreus’ inclusion meant a few things:

1) No more indies for this season
2) No more mythological-based characters for this season
3) No more rogue-like characters for this season
4) No more western characters for this season. That being said, there may be a chance for more than one western character in later seasons. For now, just one.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
A Sony rep.
We really deserve an another chance for that, fellow buddy (wish you have a Discord account, as there's a server for this project). Sure, my essay has it's focus being mostly about a certain duo, but it can be used in case for any other character from that company.

Besides that, I'll also like to see Metal Slug's Marco Rossi (already brought up many times before), Ryu Hayabusa (totally needs to be here), Gex or Lara Croft as an another Square Enix rep, Sol Badguy (THAT IS BULLS**T BLAZING!) and Doom Slayer (or Gordon Freeman as a FPS rep, depending on how things are going).

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'll start us off with the Spirits, then:

1640378375251.png
Artemis
:starman::starman:
Attack Primary
2 Slots
Ability: Critical Hit +
Puppet Fighter: :ultbylethf: (Sothis colors)
Stage: The Underworld
Music: No Escape
Match: Stamina (150 HP)
Rules:
  • The enemy prefers Neutral Special
  • The enemy has a chance to land a critical hit.
  • The enemy gains a buff to Special moves often.
  • Defeat the main fighter to win.
1640378873063.png
Thanatos
:starman::starman::starman:
Attack Primary
1 Slot
Ability: Death's Scythe equipped
Puppet Fighter: Zagreus (Black), :ultkirby: x4 (Yellow)
Stage: The Underworld
Music: No Escape
Match: Stamina (150 HP (Zagreus), 50HP (Kirby))
Rules:
  • Reinforcements will arrive (Zagreus)
  • The main fighter is equipped with Death's Scythe (Zagreus)
  • Defeat the main fighter to win.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting for two of our First Party Characters!

First Party Character

Name2 Votes1 VoteTotal
Machamp3 (6)17
Harry1 (2)1 3
Slippy1 (2)13
Sothis1 (2)24

First Party Enemy

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Mr. Belch1 (3)1 (2)38
Eggplant Man0000
Petey Piranha01 (2)02
Team Skull Grunt3 (9)3 (6)015
Cheep-Cheep1 (3)1 (2)15
Hades1 (3)025

With the vote finally finished, here are our new Mii Costumes!

Machamp and Team Skull Grunt, both Mii Brawlers, will be joining Mii Costume Wave 1! Both are from Pokemon which is rather interesting to say the least. This is a first for the Smash series!

In addition, I will be publishing our votes for the Veteran Mii Costume. Again, we are adding two of them!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Callie & Marie2 (6)006
Mega Man EXE01 (2)02
Arthur2 (6)1 (2)08
Persona 3 Protag1 (3)003
Persona 4 Protag001 1
Diamond Armor1 (3)003
Gil's Armor0011
Heihachi1 (3)036
Felyne Cap1 (3)003
Goemon02 (4)2 6
Altair0011
Vaultboy01 (2)13
Bomberman03 (6)06
Dragonborn2 (6)2 (4)010

With that being said, both Dragonborn and Arthur will be included as Mii Costumes in this wave! This adds two additional 3rd party costumes into the mix! According to Sakurai, these two were chosen since both franchises deals with undead creatures such as ghouls and Draugr. In addition, both Arthur and Dragonborn will be receiving Spirits and Spirit Battles (unless we already made one for them).

So without further wait...

Introducing Mii Costume Wave 1

This is in the order of appearance...

1. Ares Mii Costume (Mii Swordfighter)
  2. Dusa (Mask)
  3. The Kid (Mii Brawler)
  4. Arthur (Mii Swordfighter)
  5. Machamp (Mii Brawler)
  6. Team SKull Grunt (Mii Brawler)
  7. Dragonborn (Mii Swordfighter)
  8. Shovel Knight (Mii Swordfighter)
In addition, Shovel Knight will indeed be a Deluxe Mee Costume which changes the appearance of the Mii to that of Shovel Knight. In addition, we will retroactively remove any Shovel Knight music from our Google Doc and, instead...

Steel Thy Shovelmusic! Submit a Shovel Knight Remix
We will be submitting a single song that is a remix of a Shovel Knight song within the OST to include with the Mii Costume. The song must be a remix of an official song. Please include an embedded video file for ease of access. Also, please list the name of the track in case it doesn't appear on the title of the video. Please explain a bit why this song should be included.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Shovel Knight Remix:
Strike the Earth!:
By far one of the most well-known songs in the Shovel Knight game, Strike the Earth is the music played in the very first level, the Plains of Passage, which also serves as the first level for Plague Knight, Spectre Knight, and King Knight's respective campaigns.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, while not exactly to the hour, it’s been a full year since this thread was created. During this time, the thread saw many characters added to our rosters, tons of stages, plenty of assist trophies, pokemon, and items, bosses galore and games modes up the wazoo, and not to mention the sheer amount of music and spirits. Within this time, we have good memories of the craziness of submitting plants for Crazy Dave, creating fake leaks, putting tutus on fighters, and shilling our most wanteds. And, yes, controversy to such as a Hades 2 travesty, Juniorgate, the Twitter vote, Barista, and Bob Affair.

That being said, this has been quite the amazing journey and I never would have expected to get to a full year; especially considering the previous iteration never lasted a month. We will be moving into our second year, adding dlc content little by little. I’m not sure we will be here this time next year so it’s my hope that 2022 is a good year for the thread!

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Also, somewhat fitting that we are nearing 300 pages on our one year anniversary.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be wrapping our Hades-themed bundle which includes Zagreus, The Underworld, an assist trophy, Smash Dungeon enemies, and spirits and music by giving it a title. I mentioned earlier that gone are the days of Character Pack 1 or 10. We are giving mor identity to these packs or, as we call them, bundles. For example, the Banjo pack would potentially be called the “Bird & Bear Returns”. Something that had an unique flair that gives the bundle character while summarizing the bundle. It could focus on the character like the aforementioned example, focus on a aspect of the series itself like a Joker pack titled “Never Saw it Coming” or the series as a whole like “ARM Yourself for Battle.”

We will be wrapping our Hades-themed bundle which includes Zagreus, The Underworld, an assist trophy, Smash Dungeon enemies, and spirits and music by giving it a title. I mentioned earlier that gone are the days of Character Pack 1 or 10. We are giving mor identity to these packs or, as we call them, bundles. For example, the Banjo pack would potentially be called the “Bird & Bear Returns”. Something that had an unique flair that gives the bundle character while summarizing the bundle. It could focus on the character like the aforementioned example, focus on a aspect of the series itself like a Joker pack titled “Never Saw it Coming” or the series as a whole like “ARM Yourself for Battle.”
Or Steve's "SmashCraft" Pack.

D

Deleted member

"God of the Dead."

Pretty basic but fits with our theme. Also the name of a song in the Hades soundtrack making it a nice double reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom