• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't know if it was talked, but since the writer of Mother is the one that will write the trophies descriptions...

Might have humour in them :) I would love that because for some weird reasons (if someone could explain me why), the Paper Mario series got a lot of elements from Mother series, but the most noticeable one is the humour style.

Which means that the jokes in Mother have a similar style than Paper Mario.

Like, If you don't agree, I have other similarities to think it would make sense, but if someone can explain me why they would take stuff from Mother, that would be good.

I really don't know why, but I love that :)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I don't know if it was talked, but since the writer of Mother is the one that will write the trophies descriptions...

Might have humour in them :) I would love that because for some weird reasons (if someone could explain me why), the Paper Mario series got a lot of elements from Mother series, but the most noticeable one is the humour style.

Which means that the jokes in Mother have a similar style than Paper Mario.

Like, If you don't agree, I have other similarities to think it would make sense, but if someone can explain me why they would take stuff from Mother, that would be good.

I really don't know why, but I love that :)
In leaked screenshots, you could tell there's a lot of humor in the trophy descriptions. For instance:

Seriously, these things are hilarious. Krystal's makes me giggle every time.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
In leaked screenshots, you could tell there's a lot of humor in the trophy descriptions. For instance:

Seriously, these things are hilarious. Krystal's makes me giggle every time.

That's it, I;m done doubting it. I really have everything now to claim that Paper Mario has a humour style based on the Mother one.

Really, THERE'S EVEN A 4TH WALL JOKE!!!

The phosphora one is using the first person and this first person really it's clear that it tries to 4th wall.

Also, Wario and Medusa both has one complain from the absent narrator about finding things disgusting and say it vocally. It's first, frequent in Mother and second...

It's a very important part of Gombella's text and humour of the whole Paper Mario series.

Well the Paper Mario repping in trophies has a suspiciously bad diversity, but gosh I'm hyped for the text even if I don't get the reference, I know how far this style can go and I think that the text would just crush brawl quality if it all goes normally.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Will we be able to watch replays online? ie, can we send a replay to our friend, etc. Nobody is posting any info on the new spectator and replay modes. I'm struggling to find ANY info at all (and don't care about the gambling mode, I'm interesting in spectating).

Thanks!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
OP updated!

Castle Siege is confirmed to return on the Wii U version of the game.
Updated the voice cast section with VA information on the following characters: Greninja, Robin (Female), Lyn and Knuckle Joe.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Man, just as I expected. The trophies are now funner to read! I can't help thinking of Earthbound when there's something funny dropped in the middle of the descriptions.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
OP updated!

Castle Siege is confirmed to return on the Wii U version of the game.
Updated the voice cast section with VA information on the following characters: Greninja, Robin (Female), Lyn and Knuckle Joe.
If you don't mind my asking, are you going to update the OP with "ALL" voices, like all Pokémon, all ATs and the Koopalings?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If you don't mind my asking, are you going to update the OP with "ALL" voices, like all Pokémon, all ATs and the Koopalings?
I will. As long as I find information from reliable sources, of course.

I don't like leaving things incomplete, after all.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The guy who helped to wrote trophies descriptions also wrote part of Mother's script, iirc.
That's exactly what I referred to when talking about my impressions. It shows. I remember reading articles on Earthbound and how that had the Mother-series text/dialogue writer (Akihiro Toda?) work with the text by writing down everything Itoi said to appear as the text in the game.

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
That's exactly what I referred to when talking about my impressions. It shows. I remember reading articles on Earthbound and how that had the Mother-series text/dialogue writer (Akihiro Toda?) work with the text by writing down everything Itoi said to appear as the text in the game.
Wait, so Itoi is the one who actually decides what every character says? And Toda just writes them down?
To think about it, I actually remembver seeing a video that said that Itoi wrote every single line in Earthbound because he wanted to give each charater more personality.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I really wonder, if DLC is outright confirmed, how are you all going to "label" that?
I really hope there is such thing as DLC for this game. I originally didn't want DLC, but if Ice Climbers aren't in either game initially, then I NEED DLC.

Mr.Prince

Smash Rookie
In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be called “ Smash World “

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

Those characters are Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101!

This Special DLC pack will be released in 2015 with the release of “Splatoon!”

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

This all comes in Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U and 3DS!!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

You know what? I'll bite. Where's all this coming from? I hope it's real, though.....:ohwell:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

More leaks. I honestly question this one a lot. Smash Tower would be awesome, but 55 stages for the Wii U version alone is just insane. None of it has been confirmed yet, and I honestly don't see Impa getting in. For those of you who have no idea what we're talking about, here's some info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POBZpLPIcuY&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With the games' credits being known, the voice cast section has gotten a big update, though it's still incomplete. All playable characters and most Assist Trophies are done.

When I get the game, I will be working on the music and stage sections.

The character changes section will likely be removed, as in-depth character discussion is done at the character boards now that the game is out in Japan.

Yeah... I'm going to need a source for that. A reliable source at that.

That is nothing but a rumor and I don't want to spread misinformation here.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Oh, wow! I'm listening to that discussion right now! Who are you really?
I am ROBnWatch. Duh. Lol, but as I've stated, even the people at Gamexplain have raised questions about this leak. Would I like it to be true? Most of it, yes. Do I think it's true? Unfortunately, probably not. Not till we have something to support/debunk it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Dunno man, I REALLY have my doubts on this one, especially on the whole 55 stages thing and the characters. I mean it would be AWESOME but... i dunno, we will have to wait a few months or until something happens. Although despite that, the whole "Shop" thing is actually a really good idea and does (imo) seem to be plausible.
Imagine doing things like buying custom moves for certain characters, items for customizing characters, buying golden hammers, trophies, or even unlocking secret characters.

I dunno, just speculation on my part. Anything could happen in the near future, we will just have to wait :)

D

Deleted member

I was wondering:

In case if DLC happen, who'll be in charge for them?

I mean, one day or another, Smash Bros. for Wii U will come out and Sakurai will end up his job as his Director.

And, as opposed to Nintendo EAD with Mario Kart 8's DLC, Bandai-Namco isn't owned by Nintendo...

ZSel

Smash Rookie
Hey, I wanted to ask you guys if anyone of you have heard / know about possible differences between the characters of the 2 versions of the game (like up-b from link going higher in wii u than 3ds or I don't know just damage that deal a move, things like that :/).
Even if I guess I'll get a "I don't know" I prefered to ask in case of x)

ZSel

Smash Rookie
Oh I think that this talk about custom moves. I meant basics /originals characters' moves changes between the 2 versions of the game (and by this I mean smash bros 3 and smash bros wii u). It's mainly to know if by example Bowser that is considered op (in normal versus mode) at the moment will not be it in the wii u version of the game that will come out this winter.
Sorry if I wasn't clear and. Thanks anyways ^^

NNID
Majorasmask66

Unless theres proof of these claims, im not buying. But if there is proof, may someone please point it out to me?

Mr.Prince

Smash Rookie
I am unable to credit my sources. If I say who gave this to me, I can get myself in trouble and him most likely fired and pressed charges. Nintendo is not lenient at all with this matter.

And I was given another piece of information today at work.

More characters are being developed! There is no set release date for the second DLC, but the man who spoke to me says it may very well be end of 2015 for Wii U and mid 2015 for 3DS. Obviously the Wii U will need more time but it shall be worth it :)

But the characters they are fiddling with are Ice Climbers, Phazon Suit Samus, Machamp( FOR POKKEN), Roy, Krystal, King K. Rool, The Hero from Code name S.T.E.A.M., Dr. Luigi, Urban Champion from Urban Champion, and Mach Rider from ExciteBike

Working testable models of the characters include Phazon Suit Samus, Roy, Krystal, and Dr. Luigi. Mach Rider, Ice Climbers, Hero, and King K. Rool are unstable. Urban Champion is still a thought and so is Machamp.

They also said 10 more stages are coming and more modes if needed. The also said the 3DS will most likely stop getting stages and modes if the game gets too big, but the characters will ALWAYS be constant through both games.

And I asked the man this, "I thought Krystal and others had a trophy in the game already"

He answered by saying "Just because there is a trophy doesn't mean they won't be playable."

Also Mario Kart 8 will get ExciteTrucks for racing!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I am unable to credit my sources. If I say who gave this to me, I can get myself in trouble and him most likely fired and pressed charges. Nintendo is not lenient at all with this matter.

More characters are being developed! There is no set release date for the second DLC, but the man who spoke to me says it may very well be end of 2015 for Wii U and mid 2015 for 3DS. Obviously the Wii U will need more time but it shall be worth it :)

But the characters they are fiddling with are Ice Climbers, Phazon Suit Samus, Machamp( FOR POKKEN), Roy, Krystal, King K. Rool, The Hero from Code name S.T.E.A.M., Dr. Luigi, Urban Champion from Urban Champion, and Mach Rider from ExciteBike

Working testable models of the characters include Phazon Suit Samus, Roy, Krystal, and Dr. Luigi. Mach Rider, Ice Climbers, Hero, and King K. Rool are unstable. Urban Champion is still a thought and so is Machamp.

They also said 10 more stages are coming and more modes if needed. The also said the 3DS will most likely stop getting stages and modes if the game gets too big, but the characters will ALWAYS be constant through both games.

And I asked the man this, "I thought Krystal and others had a trophy in the game already"

He answered by saying "Just because there is a trophy doesn't mean they won't be playable."

>Wii U version characters needing more time despite taking near equal development effort and resources as the 3DS
>Mach Rider from ExciteBike and not from Mach Rider
>Costumes like Phazon Suit Samus and characters like Ice Climbers being mistakenly mixed together
>Ice Climbers being on the default 3DS version despite having literally been stated to be not possible
>Smash 4/Namco-Bandai development member knowing what an entirely unrelated game made by Nintendo EAD is working on

For a professional, this guy seems to have a lot of unprofessional mistakes in his details and several inconsistencies with known parts of Smash 4's development. I wouldn't buy this rumor for a second until we some of these things confirmed for ourselves.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought this thread was for completely confirmed information, not rumors. :/

Those rumors are essentially leaks, so... Also, the lack of a source means we can't use it for this topic at aall. So what is the point of posting it here? There is a leaks group, after all.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I kind of like what I'm hearing...but until we get an official confirmation, I'm going to take this with a grain of salt.....

Mr.Prince

Smash Rookie
>Wii U version characters needing more time despite taking near equal development effort and resources as the 3DS
>Mach Rider from ExciteBike and not from Mach Rider
>Costumes like Phazon Suit Samus and characters like Ice Climbers being mistakenly mixed together
>Ice Climbers being on the default 3DS version despite having literally been stated to be not possible
>Smash 4/Namco-Bandai development member knowing what an entirely unrelated game made by Nintendo EAD is working on

For a professional, this guy seems to have a lot of unprofessional mistakes in his details and several inconsistencies with known parts of Smash 4's development. I wouldn't buy this rumor for a second until we some of these things confirmed for ourselves.
Ok let me get this straight
First of all I said Mach Rider from ExciteBike so I don't understand your false correctivity.
Second, The Wii U has more detail being, you know, HD AND ALL

And the development team is considering Ice Climbers being just Ice Climber as a seperate and having Nana be a alt costume. The final Smash and some moves would feature the duo preform together. The Wii U version would be the exact same.
And I never said I worked for the game.

So, you don't know what you are talking about. I have connections to them

And Cooking Mama was in fact considered but the vote to put her in was lost from 167/450 people.

Mr.Prince

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
The game itself has 49 characters
The Final Finale roster will consist of 65 characters
This will make the DLC characters have 16 fighters

The following are DLC FOR SURE COMING

Ridley
Mewtwo
Chorus Men
Dixie Kong
Impa
Isaac
Wonder-Red
Lucas

The following are the DLC being considered but most likely coming

Dr. Luigi (Mario series)
Urban Champion (Urban Champion Series)
Wolf (StarFox series)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber series)
Mach Rider (ExciteBike series)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear series)
Galacta Knight (Kirby series)
Blaziken (Pokemon series)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Ok let me get this straight
First of all I said Mach Rider from ExciteBike so I don't understand your false correctivity.
Second, The Wii U has more detail being, you know, HD AND ALL

And the development team is considering Ice Climbers being just Ice Climber as a seperate and having Nana be a alt costume. The final Smash and some moves would feature the duo preform together. The Wii U version would be the exact same.
And I never said I worked for the game.

So, you don't know what you are talking about. I have connections to them

And Cooking Mama was in fact considered but the vote to put her in was lost from 167/450 people.
The game itself has 49 characters
The Final Finale roster will consist of 65 characters
This will make the DLC characters have 16 fighters

The following are DLC FOR SURE COMING

Ridley
Mewtwo
Chorus Men
Dixie Kong
Impa
Isaac
Wonder-Red
Lucas

The following are the DLC being considered but most likely coming

Dr. Luigi (Mario series)
Urban Champion (Urban Champion Series)
Wolf (StarFox series)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber series)
Mach Rider (ExciteBike series)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear series)
Galacta Knight (Kirby series)
Blaziken (Pokemon series)
I should be the one to say this: Mach Rider is NOT from ExciteBike. He has his own series. Also, if you don't mind my asking, any word on Panel de Pon or Bandana Waddle Dee from Kirby? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this kind of question, so if I'm not, never mind then. Also, Cooking Mama? Really? I don't hate her, but she was considered?

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
ah **** it. This comment is random because i essentially deleted it or atleast removed it because i dont believe this "leak" anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom