• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU - Stage Contest - Round 14 - Kid Icarus

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Regardless of who wins, you guys suggested some pretty cool stages. I'm happy I got to share my idea, I've been carrying that one around since before Brawl's initial reveal trailer, haha.

@ allison allison
While I dislike your layout for artifact temple, I think the lasers attacking people who destroy stuff is very clever, and true to the series

@ryuu seika
While I haven't actually played Other M, I think your transformation idea is quite interesting, as you can tell by my entry, I love exploring different biomes.

everybody else's stages were bad :p
Well THANKS BRO golly gee

I thought it was good. Now I'm all reevaluating myself...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well THANKS BRO golly gee

I thought it was good. Now I'm all reevaluating myself...
I had things to say about all the stages, I was just trying not to usurp the judges, xD

While the one you made is visually appealing, I'm still having trouble envisioning how gameplay would work on it.

I always hated shadow moses island in brawl becasue of the sides being so hard to KO through, but with the floor open, you can still spike and stuff, so yours would be less of a problem in that sense.

I also like the ideas of the doors a lot, importing an idea integral to most Metroid games that sounds like it would actually work pretty well.

And as I said in my stage post, multiple times, I like the idea of a neutral Metroid stage.

Now I'll feel like a jerk if I don't talk about @ TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict 's stage, lol, since I said something about everyone else's

First off, it's Ridley's lair, so you got my favorite character on your side right off the back

Second, I like the way you used the lava, it's creative and interesting.

However, like the impact site stage, I don't like stage setups where there are two vertical walls surrounding a flat area, in a big U shape. It's really just a cluster**** kinda space, not great to fight in. I like the platform layouts other than that, and I think the idea of a fallthrough platform in the middle of 4 others is interesting, and largely unexplored.

coolstagesbros

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Maridia. Wanted to do something with the glass tube, breaking and going into watery physics. Couldn't really get more than that.
By the way- Maridia was my second stage design for Metroid before I finally decided on Crateria. Here's what I had:

Do mind that it's unfinished since I wasn't super happy with it and I had seen similar designs online and wanted to be a bit more original. But I had been thinking that the tube at the bottom would be breakable. Water wouldn't make the characters swim like they did in Brawl, the gravity would just be a bit lighter. I dunno. Good concept but I decided against it in the end.

Just for fun, here's my super unfinished Phendrana Shore stage:

My idea was that the ice was breakable creating a swimming hazard. The left rock would look like the other two by default and only bob up out of the water when the ice it was touching was broken, the others would do the same. I liked the concept of this stage but in the end I didn't feel like it really felt like Metroid.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Your stage was bad because I couldn't see most of it, what with that image of Ridley you posted. It covered most of everything so I couldn't see what was what.
Can't tell if joking or serious.

Either way, I'm just gonna go spoiler the really big image.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Really? Whoops, let me fix that.
(I was making a Ridley's too big joke, I wasn't actually complaining about your submission at all. However, the spoilers do clean up your post a little. But Ridley specifically still is too big to hide in them, I can see him poking out of the edges. )

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
That's what you get for relying on meatbags

I'll make my own stage contest

with blackjack. and hookers

in fact, forget the stage contest!

I feel like I post variations of this too often
You can never post variations of this too often!

In fact...

I'll make my own variation...

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
And for the next round, think the franchise you want the most, the one that makes you feel like you're truly plunging yourself into the world's extensive lore and memorable characters, one that truly makes you feel like a real gamer...that franchise...that one won't be on the next round! :troll:
So... Did it change? You had said the lore and characters weren't really present in the next round but then the next round was Fire Emblem.. which definitely has those things. Just now thought of this lol

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So... Did it change? You had said the lore and characters weren't really present in the next round but then the next round was Fire Emblem.. which definitely has those things. Just now thought of this lol
It was a joke :v

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Thought that post was the grades

movin' along
If Boxing Ring wins on the soundtrack contest, I'm going to take a while to do my grades...this isn't blackmailing or arm-twisting...

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Oh god, I wish I had been here for the Zelda Wii U round, because I totally would have done a Zelda CDI stage, just for the hell of it.

EDIT: it has occurred to me, in hindsight, that the post initially linked had nothing to do with the CDI zelda games. All I can say is... DC, MS (Don't care, made stage)

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Oh god, I wish I had been here for the Zelda Wii U round, because I totally would have done a Zelda CDI stage, just for the hell of it.
I would've gone out of my way to make you win. MAH BOI, THIS STAGE IS WHAT ALL TRUE WARRIORS SMASH FOR.

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I would've gone out of my way to make you win. MAH BOI, THIS STAGE IS WHAT ALL TRUE WARRIORS SMASH FOR.
I wish you were here for that round, too.

Well gee, now I kind of want to make one anyways, just for fun. Should I? Not to be graded, of course. Unless the judges want to. Which I would be 100% ok with.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Well gee, now I kind of want to make one anyways, just for fun. Should I? Not to be graded, of course. Unless the judges want to. Which I would be 100% ok with.
Do the thing. I've made a lot of stages that I know I'll probably never get to use here. And not just because I'm an aspiring game maker.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Well guys, you asked for it...

Here it is, my 100% legit entry for the Zelda Wii U round, in spite of that round having ended long ago!

Welcome to the island of Koridai!

This is the main stage. As always, black line is where you can stand. It is a FD layout that takes place on Gwonam's Magic Carpet. In the background, you can see the faces of evil. So scary.

After a little bit, with a "Squadallah!" from Gwonam to signal the change, the magic carpet flies off, taking the combatants to one of the areas within Koridai; Gonoru!

The pic in the corner is for reference (since I'm sure none of you have played enough of this game to be familiar with the areas). Black lines are where you can stand, white can be dropped through. And no, the bridge on the right is not part of the stage. Just background.

Anyways, while in this area, there is a chance of Morshu walking out of his shop. If he does, get ready, because he will soon start throwing bombs all over the stage. Sorry, guys. He doesn't give credit. You should have come back when you were (mmm) richer, because now he's making you pay for it.

Anyways, after a bit, the carpet returns, and takes the players to the next area; Harlequin Bazaar!

Black can be stood on, white dropped through. Per usual. On this stage, there is a chance that the giant... puppet? I don't know what it is, really, I just thought the area looked cool. Anyways, there's a chance that it will move it's arms around, making the base platform tilt at an angle, his hand become more level, and his lip tilting in the opposite direction.

Once more, after a bit, the carpet returns, taking you to the next lokcation; Nortinka!

This time, green is the drop through platforms, because there's a lot of snow on this stage, so I wanted the platforms to stand out more. No gimmicks for this one, except that the top two platforms have ice physics, so watch out!

A bit later, the carpet returns, taking you to the fourth are of the stage; Firestone Lake!

Back to the black and white lines, you know what they do. Lava rocks may occasionally fall from the top of this stage, causing minor damage to those hit. The water at the bottom acts like lava, so be wary, or you'll get burned!

Next up, the carpet takes you to a pretty cool looking area in the game - Shipwreck Cliff!

This time, back to the black and green lines, to make the drop through platform stand out from the sail. the rocks below are not platforms, by the way. Here, there's no gimmick. Mostly because I don't know enough about this game to think of something cool to put here. Whatever, this part is fine on it's own.

Last, the carpet takes you to one final place from the game - Spearfish Falls!

Black and white lines again. You know the drill. Here the gimmick is... uh... I don't know... how about some water splashing up over the bridge, pushing you towards the edges? Yeah, that sounds good. Probably something that could happen here. I don't know.

After this stage, the carpet takes you back to the front of the island, and the whole thing starts all over again.

joy.

Eh, in all seriousness though, this was a pretty interesting stage to make. There are some surprisingly cool areas from such a bad game, makes me wonder what could have happened if the team behind it had actually tried to make something great. Whatever, though. Take this stage as you like, I'll see you when the metroid grades come up!

Also, here's a song for the stage, because it's actually a pretty cool song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVPYblb8GW8

(good god. what have I done?)

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
As long as Gwonam is always on the carpet with you and says "Squadallah" every time you take off, then, well.. 10/10 best stage

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well guys, you asked for it...

Here it is, my 100% legit entry for the Zelda Wii U round, in spite of that round having ended long ago!

Welcome to the island of Koridai!

This is the main stage. As always, black line is where you can stand. It is a FD layout that takes place on Gwonam's Magic Carpet. In the background, you can see the faces of evil. So scary.

After a little bit, with a "Squadallah!" from Gwonam to signal the change, the magic carpet flies off, taking the combatants to one of the areas within Koridai; Gonoru!

The pic in the corner is for reference (since I'm sure none of you have played enough of this game to be familiar with the areas). Black lines are where you can stand, white can be dropped through. And no, the bridge on the right is not part of the stage. Just background.

Anyways, while in this area, there is a chance of Morshu walking out of his shop. If he does, get ready, because he will soon start throwing bombs all over the stage. Sorry, guys. He doesn't give credit. You should have come back when you were (mmm) richer, because now he's making you pay for it.

Anyways, after a bit, the carpet returns, and takes the players to the next area; Harlequin Bazaar!

Black can be stood on, white dropped through. Per usual. On this stage, there is a chance that the giant... puppet? I don't know what it is, really, I just thought the area looked cool. Anyways, there's a chance that it will move it's arms around, making the base platform tilt at an angle, his hand become more level, and his lip tilting in the opposite direction.

Once more, after a bit, the carpet returns, taking you to the next lokcation; Nortinka!

This time, green is the drop through platforms, because there's a lot of snow on this stage, so I wanted the platforms to stand out more. No gimmicks for this one, except that the top two platforms have ice physics, so watch out!

A bit later, the carpet returns, taking you to the fourth are of the stage; Firestone Lake!

Back to the black and white lines, you know what they do. Lava rocks may occasionally fall from the top of this stage, causing minor damage to those hit. The water at the bottom acts like lava, so be wary, or you'll get burned!

Next up, the carpet takes you to a pretty cool looking area in the game - Shipwreck Cliff!

This time, back to the black and green lines, to make the drop through platform stand out from the sail. the rocks below are not platforms, by the way. Here, there's no gimmick. Mostly because I don't know enough about this game to think of something cool to put here. Whatever, this part is fine on it's own.

Last, the carpet takes you to one final place from the game - Spearfish Falls!

Black and white lines again. You know the drill. Here the gimmick is... uh... I don't know... how about some water splashing up over the bridge, pushing you towards the edges? Yeah, that sounds good. Probably something that could happen here. I don't know.

After this stage, the carpet takes you back to the front of the island, and the whole thing starts all over again.

joy.

Eh, in all seriousness though, this was a pretty interesting stage to make. There are some surprisingly cool areas from such a bad game, makes me wonder what could have happened if the team behind it had actually tried to make something great. Whatever, though. Take this stage as you like, I'll see you when the metroid grades come up!

Also, here's a song for the stage, because it's actually a pretty cool song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVPYblb8GW8

(good god. what have I done?)
Needs more:
JOIN ME, THEMARIOADDICT, AND I WILL MAKE YOUR FACE THE GREATEST IN THE STAGE CONTEST...

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
You people wouldn't believe how often I've included lines from these games into my day-to-day.

My wife, sister, coworkers & I all say we're going to Squadallah when we're going some place (Or I'll do the Commander Shepard "I should go." Interchangeable, really)

Also been known to be "so hungry, I could eat an octorok" or simply "hope-a she made lots-a spaghetti"

Back on topic, when can we expect grades?

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
You people wouldn't believe how often I've included lines from these games into my day-to-day.

My wife, sister, coworkers & I all say we're going to Squadallah when we're going some place (Or I'll do the Commander Shepard "I should go." Interchangeable, really)

Also been known to be "so hungry, I could eat an octorok" or simply "hope-a she made lots-a spaghetti"

Back on topic, when can we expect grades?
Soon. Tomorrow at the latest, but probably today.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
[biting nails nervously]
[checks receive email notifications box]
1381257052046.png

Top Bottom