• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Brawl Bosses

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
Zant is a really god idea for a boss IMO.

Ganondorf should be a character.

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
Final BOSS: Master Body
one have of him controls the master hand and the other half is the crazy hands owner or something like that
And the child is reviled to be........Sakurai
Bum Bum BUMMMMMMMMMMM

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Final BOSS: Master Body
one have of him controls the master hand and the other half is the crazy hands owner or something like that
And the child is reviled to be........Sakurai
Bum Bum BUMMMMMMMMMMM
****!!! You just spoiled the game!!! (jk)

jajaja, Kraid for boss is an excellent idea, (for the ones that think that ridley should be a boss, what about Kraid? Ridely for PC!).. metroid queen as someone posted earlier si also an option

also, Medeus, the black dragon from the fire emble series... maybe also Black Knight...(a
500% stamina Ike who doesn't Flinch... why not?)

as for zelda... maybe Phantom Ganondorf or Puppet ganondorf (as a prelude to the battle against the real PC Ganondorf...)... mm, a phantom ganondorf in a forest temple themed stage would be sweet... vaati (Demon Form) or the majoras mask (not skull kid) also could be good choicies...finally if "Floro piraña" appeared, then ghoma isn't an unlikely idea...

for Mario, King boo woul be nice... also as said by someone, kamek, from the yoshi series...

if grim reaper has the slimest chance of being playable, i would like to see Medusa, but if no, instead, the grim reaper... (grim reaper playable would fulfill patrially my dream as playing with death from the castlevanias XD)

if a character from Advance wars make the cut, maybe the AW darth vader wannabe, Sturm mounted in a amachine of utterly destruction...

as for playable bosses, well , that should be obvious... bowser, giga bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, mewtwo, Wolf O' donnel, Majora's Maks Skull Kid.. Pious augustus ( for the last 2...dreaming is still free).

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
wouldn't it make more sense if King Boo was Luigi's boss

what about Andross?
Andross is an Assist Trophy, but yeah another good boss could be that Wario Ware dude that you have to blow off the cliff. He would make an interesting boss

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
wouldn't it make more sense if King Boo was Luigi's boss

what about Andross?
Andross (N64) would make a great boss against Falcon, Samus, Fox, Falco or Krystal (basically anyone from space).

If we're assigning bosses to specific characters, then:

-Mario: Petey Pirahna, Skeleton Bowser, Giga Bowser
-Luigi: King Boo
-Peach: Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario & Bowser
-Bowser: Smithy (Super Mario RPG), Count Bleck
-DK, Diddy: Captain K. Rool
-King K. Rool (if in the game): Giant DK(?)
-Yoshi: Kamek
-Wario: Golden Diva (Wario Land 4)
-Ashley (if in the game): Unknown
-Link: Dodonga, Gohma, etc. (could really be ANY sub-boss from any LoZ), Zant, Phantom Beast Ganon
-Zelda: Phantom Beast Ganon
-Ganondorf: Fierce Deity Link (even though they weren't in the same game together, it'd be pretty sweet)
-WW Link (if in the game): Vaati, Puppet Ganondorf
-Midna/Wolf Link (if in the game): Zant, Phantom Beast Ganon
-Fox/Falco: Andross
-Krystal (if in the game): General Scales
-Pikachu: Mewtwo, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, XD001 (any legendary, really)
-Pokemon Trainer: Same
-Mewtwo: Probably same
-Jigglypuff: Again, same
-Lucario (if in the game): See above...
-Kirby: Kracko, Dyna, Heavy Lobster, O2, Possessed Dedede, Dark Matter, Meta-Knight
-Meta-Knight: Kirby, Possessed Dedede, Dark Matter
-King Dedede: Dark Matter
-Samus/Zamus: Kraid, Metroid Queen, Mother Brain, Meta-Ridley
-Ridley (HOPEFULLY in the game): Kraid, Metroid Queen, Mother Brain, Dark Samus
-Lucas: Claus (hopefully will be unlockable)
-Captain Falcon: Black Shadow?
-Marth/Roy/Ike/Micaiah/etc.: Black Knight
-Captain Olimar (if in the game): Bulborbs?
-Isaac (if in game): Saturnos/Menardi? Captain Deadbeard?
-Andy (if in game): Sturm
-Ice Climbers: Eggplant Wizard
-Pit: Medusa
-Snake: BOSS, Raiden, Metal Gear REX
-Sonic: Dr. Eggman
-Megaman (if in the game): Bass? (sorry, I know very little about Megaman)

May add more...

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I like those idea's.
Each character could have a certain boss to face...
But I doubt they'll put that in the game...
They might look for some big 'dude' from
Mario bros to make a boss...Like King Boo.

sceptilian

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone considered the possibility of bosses from other series making an appearance in SSBB? They could be also reps for their series, from which no playable characters could be made. Something like Assist Trophies, but in the form of bosses.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Most likely Dr. Eggman, perhaps koopa kids, perhaps eggplant wizard?
Koopa kids could be fun. They attack in sequence, and as the fight goes on, you get more of them attacking at once?

. . .Okay, I've found my new job. I'll try and post in-depth ideas for how boss battles would work for all the suggestions I like!

I'll start with the koopa kids.

Koopa Kids Similar to their appearance in Mario&Luigi Superstar Saga and Super Mario Bros 3, each of these brats rely on one or two specific moves, using teamwork to make up for their predictable motions. I'm not 100% on the names and I don't remember all of them so I'll just describe a few.
Roy attacks from above with a move similar to Bowser's DownB. Ludwig Spins across the screen, making use of the background and foreground to confuse you. Wendy throws those bouncing rings at you. Iggy rolls at you with his circus ball, similar to Master Hand's 'walking' attack. And so forth.
Each Koopa Kid has his/her own health gauge. When one kid is defeated, the others start getting more aggressive, attacking in faster sequences. 8 kids = One at a time. 6 Kids = Two at a time. 4 kids = Three at a time. 1 kid = goes berserk and rushes you.

Strategy: Try to predict their sequences so you can anticipate their moves. Start off by picking them off one-by-one, but when it gets to three or two, try and finish them off evenly so the last will have less health when he goes berserk. Try to use a character with some good ranged attacks like Pit, Samus or Link.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I like the Koopa Kids boss, nice idea. =D

Kraid I guess would be a better but easier boss then Ridley... (Most likley easier to hit...)

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
LOL Ashley has NO chance of being a boss. Oh, and LUCKY STAR 4EVA!!!

Petey Pirhana wasn't bad. I wouldn't see any other Mario bosses returning, considering Bowser's a PC and Petey's the next most popular.
What's wrong with Ashley as a Boss Character... It wouldn't have to be Ashley directly, but maybe all fighting her spells/skull book thing which brings up lots of minigames that you must face...

And yes, Lucky Star is forever...

Machete

Smash Ace
What if Ganon was riding on Ridley and that was a boss? (Though very unlikely)
This would be epic. But if Ridley is playable (and is almost sure he'll be), then Ganondorf should be slighty smaller than him, so he couldn't ride him.

MotherBrain should be a boss. It deserves to be like in Super Metroid, pwning everyone. Kraid... maybe as a second boss; or stage hazard (if Brinstar Depths return). If Kraid is a stage hazard again and Metroid get a second boss, it'll be Metroid Prime. And, if Dark Samus is playable, after the defeat of the Metroid Prime, you'll unlock it.

Came on, MotherBrain! It's time for your revenge!

SamusLord

Smash Cadet
Not pointing my beam to the back of your head >
As to avoid flames, "*" will be put next to bosses I, myself hope to be playable, but if not will probably become bosses.

K. Rool*
Zero(from kirby)
Arapanoid queen
Ridley***( I REALLY want him as a playable! just saying if that doesn't happen, he will be a boss)
Giant Lobster(kirby)
or
Dyana Blade(also kirby)
rayquayza
A 3-d-ified vegi-stealing pterodactyl... bird thingy?(ice climbers)
Pockey (pig king)
Ganon(demon or animal form)*
Metal Sonic
or
Egg-mech w/ eggman

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
As to avoid flames, "*" will be put next to bosses I, myself hope to be playable, but if not will probably become bosses.

K. Rool*
Zero(from kirby)
Arapanoid queen
Ridley***( I REALLY want him as a playable! just saying if that doesn't happen, he will be a boss)
Giant Lobster(kirby)
or
Dyana Blade(also kirby)
rayquayza
A 3-d-ified vegi-stealing pterodactyl... bird thingy?(ice climbers)
Pockey (pig king)
Ganon(demon or animal form)*
Metal Sonic
or
Egg-mech w/ eggman
For the Ice Climbers... I think you're referring to the Condor, right?

DECONFIRMED ....I've always wanted to do that XD

Frogla

Smash Ace
For the Ice Climbers... I think you're referring to the Condor, right?

DECONFIRMED ....I've always wanted to do that XD
You cant deconfirm it like that son. Who are you to say it wont be a boss. Intros arent used in the subspace emmisary anyway. Condor can do both.

MSVZNF

Smash Rookie
I could see Star Wolf being a boss, as wheher he is playable or not, i really hope so

SamusLord

Smash Cadet
Not pointing my beam to the back of your head >
subspace emissary needs Eggman and Ridley for brawl as bosses!
:mad: No ridley boss PLZ! I wouldn't actually mind him being a "boss" if he is playable, ya know like just a hard regular one on one fight, not an actual boss battle. Though he will most likely be a boss in the highly unlikely event that he doesn't make the cut as a PC.

Eggman w/ a mech, however, would be the perfect sonic boss.

Sariku

Smash Master
I don't care what people say. If people flame me they'll get infractions or banned.

Ridley should be a boss in my opinion. I respect those who want him in, but I think that if we had the choice of playing Ridley or MegaMan, MegaMan wins out. Ridley is very likely, I'll agree. But I don't like the idea.

If you flame me or anything I will report your post.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
You cant deconfirm it like that son. Who are you to say it wont be a boss. Intros arent used in the subspace emmisary anyway. Condor can do both.
That's like saying Toad won't be in a cutscence of SSE! XD (He actually most likely wouldn't...)
Frogla: ...look at that condor, and tell me it's big enough to be a boss. I mean, just look at it! It isn't even of the same graphical quality as the IC! If it were higher quality/bigger than that, I wouldn't be so quick to say 'deconfirmed'.

As for Toad... him being in a cutscene is different than him being a boss ^_^;

Sariku.Uchiha: You realize that not being of the 3rd party persuasion, both Ridley AND Mega Man can get in? Especially considering how high up on Sakurai's poll Ridley was? Higher than Mega Man, that's for sure.

Sariku

Smash Master
Sariku.Uchiha: You realize that not being of the 3rd party persuasion, both Ridley AND Mega Man can get in? Especially considering how high up on Sakurai's poll Ridley was? Higher than Mega Man, that's for sure.
Yes, I do know that. But MegaMan is probably the most wanted character besides Ridley, so I used him. I could of said Krystal, but Ridley is more popular.

And actually, MegaMan was higher on the polls.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
What about an Animal Crossing boss? I can't really think of any potential good ones, unless Tom Nook or Mr. Resetti get possessed by the Ancient Minister.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
I have been hearing people talk about Kraid being a boss, but I have one question. If the Melee Stages update is BIG, what if Brinstar Depths returns? I'm not saying I don't want to see him as a boss, I mean, I would LOVE to see that. I just love Brinstar Depths so much, I don't know which one I would like to see more.

gsaran

Smash Cadet
Majoras Mask would be a cool boss. It would be too hard to be a PC anyway since it has 3 transformations.

Machete

Smash Ace
I have been hearing people talk about Kraid being a boss, but I have one question. If the Melee Stages update is BIG, what if Brinstar Depths returns? I'm not saying I don't want to see him as a boss, I mean, I would LOVE to see that. I just love Brinstar Depths so much, I don't know which one I would like to see more.
If Brinstar Depths returns, then MotherBrain should be the only boss from Metroid.

Maybe the Metroid Prime or the Emperor Ing, too.

Top Bottom