• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty happy with the more linear FF13, because no FF has ever had any substantial non-linearity. They give you a massive world map to run around on, but there's nothing in it. Nothing will happen until you go to the next story event. It's an illusion of freedom. The only purpose exploration has served in a FF game has been to fight more random battles, sometimes in exchange for some gear that's going to get replaced in the next town.

I've been hearing that 13 is going to be all about the characters, the story, and the battle system. They're trying to streamline the game so that it takes strategy to win battles instead of just more grinding.

Sounds pretty hype to me.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
oh and skylar my floor (cary NW1) is having a call of duty modern warfare shindig i believe so you might want to check it out.
I don't actually like the game all that much. It's just a novelty that runs on my computer.
There's not exactly a whole lot of room for competition the way they've got it set up
And besides, you guys wouldn't like the way I play. I'd greif the hell out of everyone.

Bad Company 2, however ... that's my hype game.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Sorry for being scarce guys. Had a rough week. But it's all sorted out now.

The results were mixed.
Sure! No problem!
Who are you, again?

ug. freaking colts... why don't you just pass the ball to the saints, it probably would have been better that way....
See ... this is why you never give young horses any responsibility.
They just go and lose it all to a bunch of dead wise-guys without hesitation.
We need some REAL football players to watch! The cowboys need to not suck so much.

I am at one AM, and if this post doesn't make any sense, I blame Sigourney Weaver.
Being as I have just watched the first two Alien movies over again ... again ...

'Fro

Smash Lord
All right George. I am forced by sheer visual evidence to admit that Peyton Manning sucks. Sorry for doubting your everlasting wisdom.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
All right George. I am forced by sheer visual evidence to admit that Peyton Manning sucks. Sorry for doubting your everlasting wisdom.
lol im just playing, i know peyton manning owns and is one of the best qbs of all time, i just don't like the guy because i hate the colts and all the bias they get here in IN. the game was incredible, def one of the best superbowls i have ever seen.

i had to sig you tho, it was too epic XD

Haha Aliens 3 was so bad. I remember the horrible dialogue and the alien/dog hybrid thing. Also that dude nicknamed 78 or whatever because it was his IQ was lol

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Haha Aliens 3 was so bad. I remember the horrible dialogue and the alien/dog hybrid thing. Also that dude nicknamed 78 or whatever because it was his IQ was lol
Well, there was a reason I stopped after the second movie.
This was, of course, because I didn't have the other two downloaded ...
But I'm sure I would have gone to sleep disappointed if I had seen them.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Those movies were terrible ... the books were good, and the games were fun.
Well, okay. I honestly didn't see the second movie, but did all that much change about the plot?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Rofl, I dunno if the plot changed during the second one. I actually haven't even seen them. I just assumed that with a premise where aliens meet predators and battle it out just has to be bad.

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
Just so you guys know, a few people (4-6) are planning on coming up for the next SSBO from down yonder at Earhart. None of us have ever done a real tournament before, but we like to think we're not that bad. I guess we'll find out :p

voorhese

Smash Master
Yayyyyyyyyyy new people. : D

Also: Voorhese will you be attending this tournament?
im planning on it, cant miss my chance to team with u....we are taking home ALL THE MARBLES this tourney

edit: about the new people....dont get a big head, mine tends to explode when it gets to big

BunBun

Smash Master
Those movies were terrible ... the books were good, and the games were fun.
Well, okay. I honestly didn't see the second movie, but did all that much change about the plot?
Yes. You might as well not even compare the two. AVP was a Sci-Fi / Action movie. AVP:R was a Sci-fi/Horror movie and was much better. Plot sucked, but everything else dominated the first one.

Also AvP 3 the game =3

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Just so you guys know, a few people (4-6) are planning on coming up for the next SSBO from down yonder at Earhart. None of us have ever done a real tournament before, but we like to think we're not that bad. I guess we'll find out :p
That's good to know! We look forward to meeting/playing you guys!

Umm, but just a reminder that this tourney is Melee only. Not trying to insult your intelligence or anything since it's clearly advertised as Melee only, I just wouldn't want you guys coming out only to be disappointed that we don't play the same game. And I mainly only say this because you advertise your Brawl code and your avatar is a Brawl Luigi. Am I inferring too much from that? quite possibly. I'd just rather be safe than sorry for you guys.

But if everything's still in the clear, then ya, we'll see you guys Saturday!

Also AvP 3 the game =3
Oh, I bet. Especially since games based on movies (especially a gem like this one) is always a winning formula.

Lol, Jay, your sig.

BunBun

Smash Master
Oh, I bet. Especially since games based on movies (especially a gem like this one) is always a winning formula.
Get educated lol
AvP and AvP 2 came out waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before the movies. AvP 3 is the sequel to 2, not related to the movies at all.

Also I got 1st at the AH tournament >.>

Double elim bracket, each set was 3/5 in game sets. Loser gets to switch character, while winner can only switch arcana.
Everyone whores the tier list, and I was the only Fiona player there xD.
When we signed up, we had to put down our character and arcana. Every set started out with that, meaning I was stuck with Fiona using fire the entire day <=(.
Each setup was equipped with arcade sticks for the Ps2. They wouldn't let me plug my regular controller in, and I lost my first match to a chick playing the samurai ***** =(
After that they let me use my controller, and I made it through the rest of the bracket full fiona, only switching from fire to lightning when I had to play one of the K's.

In finals #1, 5/9, I won 5-3 after attempting to use a lightning Maori to camp out this dude's plant Konoha (**** YOU SKYLAR. HOW THE **** DID YOU LOSE TO FIONA USING THAT **** SETUP). It barely worked. In 2nd finals, he switched to Orihalcon Maori vs my Lightning Fiona after I won the first match. Bad. ****ing. Idea. I won 5-1, even managing to pull off Fiona's worthless-but-cool angel combo in one of the matches xD

</nerd arcana heart lulz>

tl;dr I won 70 bucks.

Top Bottom