• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
shoutouts:

white/asian falco guy whom says he's played me before but i don't remember - you are pretty solid

shiek guy who i don't the name of - you had some nice edgeguards

lance - i cant remember the last time we played in tournament though i know we did before, it was fun and challenging, good stuff

jason - can't handle me

fro - salty about that marth ditto still

jay guy - if you played the game more you probably would have gotten a couple more edgeguards on me lol, still fun though

microwave - pretty good, i probably shouldnt have gone falcon

dj - thanks for being the first to let me unleash my DK on

anthony - your random single outburst laugh still catches me off guard sometimes

corey - thanks for the rides today and it was fun teaming even though we didn't win any matches lol

voorhese

Smash Master
I bet the white/asian guy is tak =P

edit: well the results are up, and yeah that was tak, and the sheik was weapon x

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
sweet stuff this weekend.

Lots of smash
lots of Marvel
lots of KoF
AND we watched a movie

we're stepping up the game!

Anyways, i think most of you can appreciate this story. Three of my friends (nerds and geeks all) moved into an apartment together about 2.5 weeks ago. Every time I visit they are bored out of their freakin' minds, and it's mostly because they have not set up their internet yet. It's not that they are unable to get service, IT'S BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO LAZY TO GET INTERNET. :|
:|

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Fall 2011 PLR Final Results

Fall 2011 PLR Final Results
1. Little England - 800 ($42.00)
2. Lanceinthepants - 505 ($18.00)

3. Fro - 290
4. Goosefactor - 205
5. iamthemicrowave - 190
6. Voorhese - 130
7. Timerbomb - 90
8. Tak - 60
9. Jayford - 40
10. MrH - 35
11. DeezNutz - 30
12. Mr. Shyguy - 20
13. Faithkeeper - 10
14. Bees - 0
14. DracoFox - 0
14. Doggalina - 0​

Congratulations to our top two placers for the Fall 2011 semester, Jason and Lance! You guys can pick up your winnings at my place whenever is convenient for you; to that end, I only have class on Tuesday and Thursday this week and I'll probably be home most of the time preparing for finals week johnz, so just let me know what works for you guys.

With regards to next semester, remember that there will be fewer chances to earn points via tournament placings due to our move to a triweekly schedule. As well, all PLR participants' points will be reset to 0 at the start of the semester, but your numerical ordered ranking will still be used to seed the first SSBO, as usual, and we'll go from there. Participants with 0 recorded points will be dropped from the PLR rankings if their paid entries to SSBOs are found lacking.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
shoutouts n stuff

2: 'Fro ($10.00)-she's baaaaaack lol
3: Lanceinthepants ($5.00)-owned
4: iamthemicrowave-always fun playing you lol
5: timerbomb-so you say you main DK...then play Marth in pools...and Fox in bracket because your former main Falco is "too broken". lollll funny
5: Tak-still I say you're better than u know.
7: Jayford-play more melee
7: Weapon X-fun games. they got pretty epic
9: DeeZ NutZ-Good times in teams, though I feel we both could've played better. :p
Corey/Scott/Brett- u guys should all enter singles.
Adam-you ***** in crews lol...I was like awww SNAP!

Anthony-Nobody challenged me. :( No bueno. I'll be over there this week sometime.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Considering this was a pretty nice ending for SSBO this semester, it's shoutout time!

1- Jason: No tricks for you! And yeah, she is back, and thus we are back where we started. Awesome.
3 & 4- Lance & George: I'm putting these together because I kind of left both matches with a similar sentiment. I felt that somewhere along the line you guys didn't play me in the match-up as well as you used to, potentially from lack of practice in it or something... GGs in either case, because playing you two is always a good time.
5- Tak: I agree with Jason: You're better than you think, man. For Samus, definitely ask Jason about that match-up and how to be aggressive in it, and you'll love the results.
5- Timerbomb: ................ I am mystified by you. If you want to win, then do things that are conducive to it at least, starting with not basing your maining decisions off of what happens with much worse players. As for the Marth ditto.... Yeah, I would feel the same way, but I do wonder what would have happened had you played Falco.
7- Jayford: The human highlight reel! Glad we got in those games of Marvel and KOF, and I'll be open to more matches if you want to keep practicing.
7- Weapon X: Man... You've walked quite a few strides since we last played. I think you kinda lost the idea of the match-up with Samus as we played on, though.... You played the needle and grab game well at first. Don't get flustered by the janky armored chick! Looking forward to more matches!
9- Deez Nutz: Good to see you again, man. We didn't get to play in singles, but I enjoyed them doubles matches.

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
Do we have definition for that? And does doubles count as a paid entry?
Paid entry to one SSBO singles event during this past semester would exempt players from this, regardless of whether or not they advanced from pools; as such, only players who have 0 points at this time and who have not entered any SSBO's this semester as a singles participant will be dropped due to inactivity.

- Anthony

Jayford

Smash Lord
Considering this was a pretty nice ending for SSBO this semester, it's shoutout time!

1- Jason: No tricks for you! And yeah, she is back, and thus we are back where we started. Awesome.
3 & 4- Lance & George: I'm putting these together because I kind of left both matches with a similar sentiment. I felt that somewhere along the line you guys didn't play me in the match-up as well as you used to, potentially from lack of practice in it or something... GGs in either case, because playing you two is always a good time.
5- Tak: I agree with Jason: You're better than you think, man. For Samus, definitely ask Jason about that match-up and how to be aggressive in it, and you'll love the results.
5- Timerbomb: ................ I am mystified by you. If you want to win, then do things that are conducive to it at least, starting with not basing your maining decisions off of what happens with much worse players. As for the Marth ditto.... Yeah, I would feel the same way, but I do wonder what would have happened had you played Falco.
7- Jayford: The human highlight reel! Glad we got in those games of Marvel and KOF, and I'll be open to more matches if you want to keep practicing.
7- Weapon X: Man... You've walked quite a few strides since we last played. I think you kinda lost the idea of the match-up with Samus as we played on, though.... You played the needle and grab game well at first. Don't get flustered by the janky armored chick! Looking forward to more matches!
9- Deez Nutz: Good to see you again, man. We didn't get to play in singles, but I enjoyed them doubles matches.
Thanks again :D. I know fighting Zero is dumb lol. Especially when you are playing against one as godlike as mine ;). Also, I got KoF lol. So now I'll be able to learn combos. I already have some tricky Athena command throw resets :D.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
1. jason - got super lucky, as usual
2. fro - ggs. ur edgeguarding was on point. i need to play more patiently.
3. lance - good set in pools. i got u next time. i think we played very well in teams.
5. timerbomb - you have good fundamentals on a lot of characters, but u gotta pick one. i think ur fox/falco would have done better. ur nickname is Tyrone(i thought Jay said it when he called you timerbomb and it stuck). ur set with lance was pretty hype, you had some nice gimps.
5. tak - fun games in pools but u fobbed ur self with SD's. ur set with lance was also pretty hype. ggs.
7.jay - didnt play :(...random chars ftw
7. andrew - nice to see you, youve gotten alot better. ur set with jason was fun to watch and pretty close.
9. DJ - u are getting better. ggs.

Kels88

Smash Lord
shoutouts n stuff

2: 'Fro ($10.00)-she's baaaaaack lol
3: Lanceinthepants ($5.00)-owned
4: iamthemicrowave-always fun playing you lol
5: timerbomb-so you say you main DK...then play Marth in pools...and Fox in bracket because your former main Falco is "too broken". lollll funny
5: Tak-still I say you're better than u know.
7: Jayford-play more melee
7: Weapon X-fun games. they got pretty epic
9: DeeZ NutZ-Good times in teams, though I feel we both could've played better. :p
Corey/Scott/Brett- u guys should all enter singles.
Adam-you ***** in crews lol...I was like awww SNAP!

Anthony-Nobody challenged me. :( No bueno. I'll be over there this week sometime.
I'm going to personally annihilate your falco next time we play.

deeznotz

Smash Cadet
. jason - thanks for teaming, I agree we had a few less then stellar moments but some goodies 2
2. fro - ggs. that marth was sharp in teams, so many tippers
3. lance - ggs sry for accidental rage quit:embarrass: you got some skills really quick bud like mike
5. timerbomb - dat dk
5. tak - ggs
7.jay - good to see you bud best never playing this game player ive ever seen
7. andrew - we had some good games you really stepped in up good ****

good to see you corey you were sleeping alot

anyone trying to smash tomorrow (tuesday)?

Kels88

Smash Lord
You must be salty. Don't worry, I don't go around the boards gloating after taking sets people (unlike certain other players). But still, you won't be me.

Also, something tells me you aren't familiar with our challenge system. lol
I wasn't talking about a challenge system. I'm just saying... next time we play, I'm going to personally annihilate your Falco:)

Actually i probably wont but i'll say it anyways just incase it happens. I know the opposite will def not happen:p

voorhese

Smash Master
kels u didnt even destroy me, and i suck...i took what 2 or 3 stock of you? u should be 4 stocking a scrub like me fraud

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
I wasn't talking about a challenge system. I'm just saying... next time we play, I'm going to personally annihilate your Falco:)

Actually i probably wont but i'll say it anyways just incase it happens. I know the opposite will def not happen:p
The opposite will happen indeed. I'll make short work of you. Don't worry. :grin:
Well, that's what you get when you guys have me play when I'm not sober. That was a sweet *** victory that I pulled off in the end.
Ya dude. Calls for a rematch I say.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
you left before it happened nub...and lance ran a train on jason :D
Lolz, It helps that he didn't have all his stocks. Adam was definitely the star of the crew battle.

Shoutouts:

1. Jason - Yooooooo I'm gonna get you soon. Also, your fox is hilarious in teams. One minute you are getting owned, next minute you go berserk.
Mostly getting OWNED XD

2. Fro - Not gonna lie, I was not expecting you to be me opponent in LFs. Good stuff with Samus, I need to take a longer look at that match up. Also, while other people may not agree with me, I think Samus can be played legitimately and not just as a gimmick

4. George - Pretty hype set in pools. Our sets are a lot of fun. I will definitely watch 2001, and I forgot what book I told you to read, but you should read it (I think Dune)! I hope you will play smash more with me and Jason :D

5. Tyronebomb - Glad you made it out to one of these. That reverse fair gimp was pretty nasty, but I don't know about counterpicking Falco with Marth on Dreamland. You already have good tech skill, if you played with the crew more often I promise you would see a lot of improvement.

5. Tak - I am also glad you came out to this one. I actually really like your Falco, i think it does a lot of creative stuff. You are definitely fun to hang out with and I hope you will come to more **** like this :D

7. Jayfraud - Yooooo Jay you love this game I know it! Seriously though, you should play more often with us even you don't take it as serious, it is definitely fun hanging out with you. Also, come to SG!!! Sanchaz wants to MM you.

7. Weapon X - You were definitely a surprise. Your Sheik improved a lot since I had last played you. Hopefully your crew will wanna come down for one of these next semester. Purdue gives a lot of spacies practice :p

9. DJ - I'm glad you came out too DJ. Your sense of humor always makes me laugh. I'm sure we will be smashing sometime this weekend.

Brett - Fun times this weekend. I will try to prove to you I'm not an embarrassment for demons everywhere.

Corey - Sucks that you were on a huge lack of sleep. Hopefully we will see you at more tournies next semester.

Adam - Haha, I'm glad you had a good time this weekend, even though you passed out so early XD. Also, don't throw things at my car :mad:

Alright, I know I said this at the beginning of the fall, but this time I am serious. Me and Jason will be hosting a "fight night" where people can just hangout and play Smash/Other games during the week. I am going to do my best to make this as consistent as possible, because I feel the amount of smash fests this semester was at all time low. I haven't decided what day yet, but I am thinking about Monday night. Any input would be helpful.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Ya dude. Calls for a rematch I say.
( o.o)> I don't think a rematch would justify what pulled off. Besides, I think Hippy would rather do some teams instead with me being on the opposite team.

Adam was definitely the star of the crew battle.

Adam - Haha, I'm glad you had a good time this weekend, even though you passed out so early XD. Also, don't throw things at my car :mad:

Alright, I know I said this at the beginning of the fall, but this time I am serious. Me and Jason will be hosting a "fight night" where people can just hangout and play Smash/Other games during the week. I am going to do my best to make this as consistent as possible, because I feel the amount of smash fests this semester was at all time low. I haven't decided what day yet, but I am thinking about Monday night. Any input would be helpful.
****Each response goes in order with the quote above****
:120: You make me happy!

Yeah, I'm bummed out about passing out like that. Maybe we can make up for it this weekend. It is looking like that I might get Saturday off, so that is a major plus! I would like to get back into the scene again in Smash. (granted I always say this, but stupid **** gets in the way)

Well, if you plan doing these "fight night" things. When will these start at? My job is going to switch to an 8hr shift instead of 10hrs. I'm not sure what my hours will pan out to, but I think that I'd be in a better position of showing up to these if they don't start at some ******** time. Like 6 or 7pm would work just fine.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
i think the best part of my set with lance was when draco/adam guy yells "I BLOCKED THAT"

LOL

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'll be on the north side of Indy over Christmas Break. You should PM WatchYourRadar, he goes to IU and plays melee.
LOL good job recommending him to me -__- haha

Most of the IU smashfests happen at my dorm with Radar and The#Jay. I live in Read and I PMed you Boogie.

voorhese

Smash Master
Im down to come over if any of you can offer me a ride an a controller to use =P /bumvoorhese

im going to shower now, so if u do decide to come get me, message me on FB and let me know, andi ll message you back when im out of the showa

Tak

Smash Cadet
We'll smuggle you in Tark if you wanna come over. I just finished a whole bunch a **** for school if you wanna come over. (SO GLAD THIS GROUP PROJECT IS OVER!)

Same to you DJ! We can oil up that Sheik of yours. ;)
two more weeks til i can show my face in the dorms again haha :x

we have a setup downstairs at my apartment (near anthony's place) if anybody is willing to make the walk over

bumhese how far are you?

Top Bottom