• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Is this tourny open to anyone? Or is it like an invitation only kind of thing? I'm from Muncie and I'd like to go, I'm a total tournament virgin though.
Also, a smasher name Big C also lives in that area, and he's been wanting to come down too. You may want to contact him so that you guys could save on gas or somethin'.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Good luck everyone! I look forward to seeing the results. Also, I want challenge matches to be played!

Doggalina, yeah, it's in the basement.

Wish I was there. :/

Don't have too much fun w/o me!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Fun tourney guys. Special gratz to Victor for playing so well after not playing for like 2 mo. and having such a disappointing morning.

and for the falcon going 3-7 against fox issue... at RoM 3 hax was knocked out of the tourney by eggm.... just sayin'...

Also, my falco might be making a comeback. He's fun against spacies.

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
SSBO LI Results:

Teams(4 teams)

1. Little_England + Lance
2. Jayford + Lavos
3. iamthemicrowave + Fro
4. Doggalina + Hippy

Singles(9 entrants)

1. Little_England
2. Fro
3. iamthemicrowave
4. Timerbomb
5. Jayford
5. DeezNutz
7. Lance
7. Bees
9. Faithkeeper

Thanks to everyone who came and entered our last tournament of the semester! We wlll post the spring schedule when it is available.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
jason - your falcon is awesome. ill get him next time. ggs

fro - wow, very impressed by your marth. i underestimated you and got what i deserved. ggs

timerbomb - your falco is very good and our set was very close and fun. ggs

jay - omg our sets have been ridiculously close when you choose to play puff. this was another good one. keep it up. ggs

dj - good work

lance - your falco has gotten so much better, and its so similar to Jasons now rofl. you have improved sooo much this semester, good work.

brett - lol mewtwo

corey - really close set with brett, youll get him next time.

This was a great tournament to end the semester. I had alot of close sets, and it is good to see people improving so much. Keep it up guys!

voorhese

Smash Master
fro i challenged 2 guys that limitz and i played in smash (they challenged us to doubles) at a halloween party, to a SFIV MM they play ken and ryu, i didnt play them the night i met them cuz i didnt want to lose to them in a game after we ***** them so bad in melee like 5 times (i rested them all 8 stocks one game, cuz they said the only reason we won was cuz we were wavedashers and all we did was wavedash and edguard..so i just rested them over and over)

anyway imma lay prolly 5$ on each match, and i am hoping to get some practice in with u b4 then (for obvious reasons) the next party is new years eve, so ill try to get to come down there and play street fighter IV (not ssf4, cuz the dont have it) if you have it, if not ill just buy it b4 the thing and play them at that cuz i know dhalsim is different from game to game, like speed(certain moves)/damage/health increase.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
my first post in like 3 months..tourny was small but pretty fun. i forgot how intense competitive play can get!
thanks for any shoutouts i got..and enjoy my quarters whoever won them lol.

if anyone wants to team with me at the next tourny or smash sometime let me know

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Thanks, George. I've been wanting to watch these sets since last week.

I didn't hear the commentary (I'm at work, and didn't want the customers in the lobby to hear that Waffles guy talking about Smash, rofl), so I dunno what was already discussed, but M2K just seemed off during most of those matches.

Ugh, I really wished he went Fox on Dreamland and RC. He Sheik just seemed...bad. Sadly, that Kirbykaze guy's Sheik seemd more impressive against PP. I just think M2K was pushing too much for those massive gimps. He tried so hard to get them, that it practically turned into a guessing game with PP's recovery. Yeah, he had some ridiculous gimps on FoD, but that was about it. And even on stage he just didn't seem to do much of anything with her.

I will say though that he seemed to get screwed so much against PP's forward-b recoveries. There were so many instances where his moves clanked with it.

At any rate, it was visible that PP outplayed M2K, and he deserved the win.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Thanks, George. I've been wanting to watch these sets since last week.

I didn't hear the commentary (I'm at work, and didn't want the customers in the lobby to hear that Waffles guy talking about Smash, rofl), so I dunno what was already discussed, but M2K just seemed off during most of those matches.

Ugh, I really wished he went Fox on Dreamland and RC. He Sheik just seemed...bad. Sadly, that Kirbykaze guy's Sheik seemd more impressive against PP. I just think M2K was pushing too much for those massive gimps. He tried so hard to get them, that it practically turned into a guessing game with PP's recovery. Yeah, he had some ridiculous gimps on FoD, but that was about it. And even on stage he just didn't seem to do much of anything with her.

I will say though that he seemed to get screwed so much against PP's forward-b recoveries. There were so many instances where his moves clanked with it.

At any rate, it was visible that PP outplayed M2K, and he deserved the win.
u matt

Also, I predict voorhese to be one of the most technical SFIV players ever lollll
fkkin voorhese

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
yeah m2k was def not playing as well in the second set and trying too hard for gimps. that 4th game of set 2 on YS, o man, i couldnt believe how tense that was. some of the mind games were so nuts. m2k had some insane forward smash reads.

PP was playing so safe and patient in GFs, which is very impressive especially after running a train through losers. that takes incredible stamina.

PB&J said m2k did not know RC was legal. LOL. when ur pro ppl john for you, but thats an m2k caliber john right there. you are in GF and don't know the legal stages...all i can say is

wat

all in all, amazing GFs with amazing play between 2 top players.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
PB&J said m2k did not know RC was legal. LOL. when ur pro ppl john for you, but thats an m2k caliber john right there. you are in GF and don't know the legal stages...all i can say is

wat
Yeah, that's total BS. PP took Kaze there during LOSERS FINALS. So in addition to the unlikely event that M2K didn't already know the legal stage list, are we also supposed to believe that M2K didn't watch the last set leading up to GF's? I mean, it's only for third place, and was ultimately the deciding factor for who he was going to face in GF's. It's not like it was important or anything....

And to say that he forgot that those two played there would be even more ******** especially since it was the LAST match of the set.

ORLY

Smash Master
Guys, you should come to the guest TO'd Smashing Grounds on the 18th. Sveet is busy so Tink and BigD are taking it over for that weekend.

COREY YOU BETTER COME I WANNA FINALLY TRAIN YOU

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
So me and Jay got Cata, it goes live at 3AM and there were people waiting there since 9:00PM outside in this horrible weather. I laft.

ORLY

Smash Master
I, for one, will probably not upgrade to Cataclysm until I am the best Melee Falcon in the world.

Top Bottom