• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Also, I plan to try and find a way to the Midwest sometime in the future. be scared Sveet.

I assure you I'm going to do much better than Little England did at the last tournament (I'm still really disappointed in you Jason!)!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
And didn't YOU also get 9th at the smaller tournament before that, Sveet? This just comes to show that people shouldn't read too much into placings. Afterall, I know there weren't eight other people there that were better than Little England, just like I know that there was plenty more than eight people that were better than you. So for different reasons, neither of you two should have gotten 9th.

Perhaps we needed Peach's Castle on to help ya move up a few places?

_kSo_

Smash Master
And didn't YOU also get 9th at the smaller tournament before that, Sveet? This just comes to show that people shouldn't read too much into placings. Afterall, I know there weren't eight other people there that were better than Little England, just like I know that there was plenty more than eight people that were better than you. So for different reasons, neither of you two should have gotten 9th.

Perhaps we needed Peach's Castle on to help ya move up a few places?
hahahahahaha get goooooosed

Tomacawk

Smash Master
joe I'm pretty sure obtuseprotractor would beat you. I'm pretty sure kirkq would beat you. I know great britain would beat you.
connor I will style all over you and take your $
=]

voorhese

Smash Master
limitz and i where doing 2v2 friendlies today as me (zelda/shiek) and him as puff
one of my friends always says "Autobots, Transform and roll out!" when he uses puffs roll out, and since i was zelda/shiek we used that as our teamname cuz it made sense

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
so I was reading other boards just to troll them and make ****ty post when I realized I was being an ******* by doing so hmmm interesting. Who wants to team this saturday

Gauthic Von B Schönen

Smash Journeyman
So uhh...Little England has made me see the light. Watching him pick up Bowser, do amazing for like two days, then run headlong right into a wall was pretty sobering. And there's another character in this game who hits like a truck made out of thousands of other trucks. And the trucks are on fire. And that fires is screaming the song of doomed souls, cursed to wander the abyss for all eternity.

No more Bowser for me. I think this is pretty much goodbye to the fat turtle. If I ever play Bowser again, hit me. With a shoe.

GOODBYE FAT TURTLE, YOU HAVE BEEN REPLACED BY CAPTAIN FIIIIIIST.

Now then, following Jason's announcement surrounding the Midwest and how far behind it is, let's look at the most obvious way to begin fixing this problem. Who would be interested in regular, say twice a week, casual Smash sessions? We've been actually having quite a lot of casuals lately. At Fro and Skylar's mainly, this would just be to insure that things like that keep happening.

More importantly, these would be specifically for exploring character boundaries, experimentation, and refinement. No Peach's Castle bull****. No fobbing around with low tiers unless your serious about picking them up. My apartment has the space, but lacks the TV. Skylar has the ninja, but we shouldn't pin TV responsibility on a single person.

LET THE BATTLES BEGIN.

Addendum:

limitz and i where doing 2v2 friendlies today as me (zelda/shiek) and him as puff
one of my friends always says "Autobots, Transform and roll out!" when he uses puffs roll out, and since i was zelda/shiek we used that as our teamname cuz it made sense
F'ckin Voorheese.

Gauthic Von B Schönen

Smash Journeyman
@Bees: Captain Fist = GDorf??
Hohoho you are correct sir. I tried picking him up a while ago, but I was picking him up for the wrong reasons. Basically, I was looking for a high tier character who plays like Bowser, and that doesn't really exist. Now I'm playing him because there are aspects of the character that appeal to me. Mainly his ability to punish mistakes, raw power, and his jab.

It's so confusing that there's someone else on these boards named Bees.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
why is goose on purdue's PR then?
Why am I on the PR list and I don't even attend college at all? I was never even enrolled at Purdue. Though Goose was actually attending Purdue classes for his degree. I'm sure you didn't know that, but now you're informed. Fyi, this isn't a troll post.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
playing low tier is generally a bad idea

you won't be sure if its your shortcomings as a player or the shortcomings of your character that is causing you to lose

you don't have enough options to explore during a match, and rely on opponent's mistakes oftentimes, which can give you a skewed idea of how good you actually are.

i realize i sound hypocritical but i mained marth for 5 years; i am now accomplished enough as a player to understand how to use a low tier properly. zelda is mid tier anyway.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace

you won't be sure if its your shortcomings as a player or the shortcomings of your character that is causing you to lose

you don't have enough options to explore during a match, and rely on opponent's mistakes oftentimes, which can give you a skewed idea of how good you actually are.

i realize i sound hypocritical but i mained marth for 5 years; i am now accomplished enough as a player to understand how to use a low tier properly. zelda is mid tier anyway.
After doing this the -wrong- way, I agree. =P
Learn a good character, and then go back and play a low tier if you really feel like it.
That way you don't wind up having to learn the game AGAIN
Because the character you picked works only through mechanics that are nonsense.

Also, I'm awake - and through the (less intimidating than it appeared) wall of homework.
Anyone up for some singles practice in smash?

I mean - no go-'till-two-am sessions today, please - but I still want to play.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If by fronzling me you mean getting 3-stocked as Marth against my Samus, I think you've got your definitions screwed up.
3stocked? u mean i suicided 3 times and still brought it back to 1 stock before u got a lucky kill?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i beat u with sheik, a character i never practice with. I was saving my marth for bracket because I knew we would be meeting there regardless of pools placing. I rarely take pools seriously when half the people in my pool traveled to the tournament in my back seat.

edit- before anyone gets too butthurt, i was just trolling for the last page.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

I completely agree. I tell everyone to use a top tier first since they basically "allow you to learn" the game.
Like... you learn nothing from getting auto combo'd to death each stock.

I'm so done with Fox, especially if I get the same or better results with characters like YLink. The only thing I hate is that most players hate playing against low tiers and play extra gay sometimes.

DK should be Mid though -.-

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
I have the Tark TV lounge lined up for the tourny on saturday if Owen fails.

Also, let me know whenever smash is going down. I lost to a Ness at the Tark Brawl tourny on saturday, so I clearly need some practice.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Also, I'm awake - and through the (less intimidating than it appeared) wall of homework.
Anyone up for some singles practice in smash?
Monday afternoon work for you?

call/text me. Evening would work too, I've just got to do my hw right away if that's where it will be.

2x a week smashfests sound fine with me. Mons are best for me by far.... Fris can work as well, along with sats.

Lu Bu

Smash Rookie
The mighty lu bu will crush everyone this weekend. I have the sprits on my side. With their aid i am able to kill 7 men with one miss fire and even cause 3 rage quits. You all will fall before the mighty lu bu.

Top Bottom