• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Academy Is In Session With Part 1 Of A Wii U/3DS Basics Guide

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
A new Smash Bros. tutorial channel Super Smash Academy just released the first part of their introductory guide to Smash 4. In retail, Smash 4 has been the Wii U's biggest success so far and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. However, that doesn't mean everyone understands how to battle effectively. Even players who have been around the block a time or two may be missing some details that could potentially improve their game. If you're looking for a quick Smash primer or are trying to introduce a friend to the series, this video is a great place to start.

Super Smash Academy: Smashing 101
Super Smash Academy doesn't just cover Smash 4 - past videos have covered Melee and Project M, so regardless of what game you love there will be something for you. Follow them on social media if you want to keep up to date on their videos and pick up some Smash trivia while you're at it.

Follow Super Smash Academy on Facebook

Follow Super Smash Academy on Twitter

Was this video useful for you? What would you want to see Super Smash Academy make a video on? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

It's good to see new content like this showing up on the Web - never can have enough Smash! Follow The Derrit on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
This is pretty solid so far. I just hope that they get into more depth in later installments. I'd like to see some things that I don't even know about, that'd be pretty rad.

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
This is pretty nice :) Did not know about changing the angle of forward attacks, and catching items with airdodge. I'll be waiting for more of these :)

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
This is awesome, making the game easy to approach is the best idea to make the game grow. Easy to get into, hard to master.

Dinotard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Onehardtard
3DS FC
2766-8060-2134
This is great I'm looking forward to more installments so I can learn the best I can in this game.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Wow, this has already been said, but this is better than Nintendo's tutorial.

WOW, I NEVER KNEW HOW TO JUMP OR USED SMASH ATTACKS, THANKS NINTENDO!

-Every Smash player, no matter competitive or casual

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
just subscribed to it, especially after watching a tech special from DYKG that it liked :p

wish I could say the same about the comments section... but youtube is mainstream internet. posting higher detailed info is basically saying "FIGHT" for commenters. such a disappointing lack of civility...

Last edited:

Luigi Smasher

Smash Rookie
NNID
Luigi7381
I'm actually not surprised that they're doing these brand-new activities with people. With Super Smash Bros. for Wii U out and all, a lot of people may have left this site.

JakeCake

Smash Rookie
NNID
theandroid01
great video, but its best suited for those who are already familiar with the fighting game scene, or smash.
trying to get my fiance into smash, i showed her this (she mostly knows how to play. just the basics) and she didn't understand a word of it.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
@ The Derrit The Derrit , @KhanYe, @ITALIAN N1NJA, will you guys be covering the Japanese tournament Battle Gateway 6? idk where to find information about it, but it's an Apex qualifier featuring Melee and I think Smash 4 starring players like Flash, Kou, Gucci, and maybe aMSa. I think it's starting tomorrow since it starts on Dec 13th in Japan.

EDIT:
Alright, I did some research and I found the tournament thread, http://battlegateway.com/6thtaikai.html (chrome automatic translator helps read it). It contains the schedule, information of the event, and the participant list. For easier access, here's the participant list I found: http://challonge.com/battlegateway6_apexworldseries/standings

Seems like it's starting on Sunday, Japan time.

Maybe you already found this out, just wanted to point it out lol, couldn't find the stream, but it'll most likely be streamed by http://www.twitch.tv/shi_gaming since they're the ones who streamed the last one.

EDIT2:
Yeah it's definitely on shi_gaming.

@ The Derrit The Derrit

Last edited:

Gummyfang

Smash Rookie
Oh my god yes! :D This is awesome! I'm definitely going to use this resource.

Top Bottom